Has the light finally gone on for Zay Jones?

KOKO NFL

Just now, CommonCents said:

Said it last week and got flamed for it, I’d trade Zay for a mid-late round pick, if that’s even possible. He is a zero. 

I gotta be honest, I am starting to lean this way. 

When you look at statistics, guys like Jerry Rice, TO, Michael Irvin etc dropped a lot of passes. But they had all world talent that made up for it. It's fine to drop 3 or 4 balls when you are catching 7 and making all world plays. 

Point being, Zay isn't good enough to drop the ball. He doesn't offer the speed and playmaking ability or upside those guys did, or even Foster or McKenzie do. You don't live with drops from a guy like Zay. 

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So Zay has some very interesting game logs.

His best game this season was the Jets game, with Barkley throwing to him.

8 receptions on 11 targets, 73%, 93 yds.

His worst game this season was last night, 1 reception on 6 targets, but he has not played as well since Allen came back.

Does he just have trouble handling what Allen throws?  Is he hurt again and not announcing it?  What?

I think he is a guy who has had a few decent games?  It happens?  If he doesn't flip the script soon he'll need to be replaced.

27 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

A lot of regression the last couple of weeks. A critical part of his game that seems lacking is that he does not come back to the ball. He kind of sits and wait for the ball to come to him. That gives defenders space and time to close to the ball. He needs to attack the ball and catch the damn thing. 

since they cut KB.    

16 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

I think he is a guy who has had a few decent games?  It happens?  If he doesn't flip the script soon he'll need to be replaced.

Jets game with Barkley  8 catches of 11 targets and 93 yards.  Oh and his 4 TD's still leads the team. 

Would I like to see more?  Sure I would.

Like I said crap on him all you want.   

29 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So Zay has some very interesting game logs.

His best game this season was the Jets game, with Barkley throwing to him.

8 receptions on 11 targets, 73%, 93 yds.

His worst game this season was last night, 1 reception on 6 targets, but he has not played as well since Allen came back.

Does he just have trouble handling what Allen throws?  Is he hurt again and not announcing it?  What?

He had a good game against Miami 2 weeks ago.  4 for 67 yards and 2 TD's.  He was wide open when Allen missed him in the endzone as well.  It would have been a 3 TD day and around 85 yards....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

The light seemed to go on earlier, very bright. Alas, it was one of those battery operated/solar lights. But the battery died and the length of daylight on the Solstice has dimmed expectations..

Interesting analogy.  I sent the kid a battery operated light with a solar charger.  It wouldn't recharge adequately until she tilted it towards the window so it caught more sun.

Perhaps Zay would also work better if he were tilted during the WR meetings.  A 30-45 degree angle towards the window might be best.

• Haha (+1) 2