Josh Rosen leads dramatic comeback win. Did we take the wrong Josh?

KOKO NFL

We need to quit having threads started by folks who get all nervous because it takes them 5 minutes instead of 3 to get their order at the McDonald's drive through.  And I say this as a guy who would have liked us to pick Rosen.

Every single one of these rookie QBs are going to have moments when they look better or worse as young QBs.  If you watched yesterday Rosen had both.  Watch any game of any of these young guys and you'll see the same.

Give them time for crying out loud.

• Like (+1) 1

It's the Josh I was hoping we'd draft, but that's history.

That final drive was a thing of beauty and showcased what Rosen is capable of. 

I'd like to see something similar from Allen within his next couple of starts.  Poised, consistent, well timed, accurate throws.

• Like (+1) 2

(Face palm) people need stop with this silly crap “we picked the wrong QB” or “why didn’t we get Mahommes”. 

First give your you g QB a break it is rare for them have great years during their rookie season.. be honest you won’t know if he is the best or worst option from the draft for at least 2-3 more years when you put pieces around him to work with.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I'd like to see something similar from Allen within his next couple of starts.  Poised, consistent, well timed, accurate throws.

I'd like to see Allen get what I saw on that final Rosen drive:  good protection and wide open guys.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Mondays are rough around here, even if we didn’t play the day before.....

2 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

I guess I missed the part where Rosen was elected to the HOF after putting up 18 points against the awesome 49ers.

Did the OP selectively forget about Rosen's last game ?

Did you miss the first half, where he was often horrible

I can’t tell you who will be the better player 10 years from now. People can guess, but nobody can KNOW. So why do we ask so often? Or worse, pretend to know

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I'd like to see Allen get what I saw on that final Rosen drive:  good protection and wide open guys.

So you're confident, in that exact scenario, that Allen would be accurate enough to make those throws?

Come on, man.  Give credit where it's due. 

2 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

it’s already happened and against better competition

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

I was at the Cards game since my wife is a 49ers fan. Rosen did what needed to be done but most of the game he wasnt good. It was actually boring. On the drive before the Cards TD, the 49ers played it like the Bills...conservative and punt. The 49ers mostly played off the Cards WR's that whole TD drive. Sherman wasnt within 10 feet of his guy, keeping him in front of him. After the first two completions I told my wife the 49ers are going to lose because they are being too conservative. The Cards Oline played well on that drive and Rosen made completions to open WRs. It was a nice TD throw and it was the exact same route for the TD to Fitz in the back of the end zone. 49ers secondary is awful...including Sherman. All that said CJB was marching the 49ers to get close to field goal range. Kittle dropped a pass that would have put them close enough to try a long field goal. Then the bad snap and the rest is history. 

14 hours ago, KOKO NFL said:

Josh Rosen, the 'other' Josh, led a dramatic Arizona comeback today to pull out a win 18-15 against SF. (I watched the 4th Quarter because I am in a football pool and the game mattered). Down 15-3 in the 4th Quarter, JR was accurate and stayed poised, under duress, in the pocket. Dare I say, unlike the Bills' strong-armed, mobile, yet skiddish and inaccurate rookie, Josh Allen. 

Did the Bills take the wrong Josh? From the evidence I've seen to date... regrettably, yes.

Just think about Bucs fans yesterday watching their first overall pick throw four INTs (quite Peterman-esque performance), and have Fitzy come in and continue the Fitzmagic Curse. There's a time and place for this, but it's too soon and not here. There's being critical of Allen, but the "should we have," "had we had drafted him," and "what would've been" conversations don't do much to help anyone out here looking to make it to retirement before having a coronary.

5 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

At this point, I haven’t been impressed by Allen or Rosen either. Time will tell if either amount to anything. 

I think Rosen's stay in the NFL will be short due to injuries. And I unfortunately think Allen's stint will be short due to accuracy issues. Pretty much everything pundits said about these 2 guys. I still wanted Rosen over Allen but I kinda understand why they went with the stronger arm in the Buffalo wind. 

• Thank you (+1) 1