Where are all the darnold rosen and Mayfield fans?

Hebert19

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Sad look for Bills fans when they find comfort in the struggles of other rookies. Pitiful, really. 

it's not that.

it's about the smugness and self-assuredness of the "WRONG JOSH" crowd, and seeing them humiliated. At least it is for me.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Well, now that we have had a chance to see more then a sample of the rookie QB class, let's review:

Baker Mayfield - Average to date, has more weapons then Darnold, Allen and Rosen, but can already see issues that will be long term, short, not particularly mobile in the pocket, has potential to be solid starter based on what we have seen.

Sam Darnold - Impressive based on the lack of weapons on offense the Jets have.  Major issues with ball security.  Fairly athletic and can move in the pocket, let's hold initial judgement until he gets some weapons around him.

Josh Allen - From the small sample size is a great athlete with huge arm and is very mobile.  Inexperience has caused him major issues with sacks.  Accuracy is still an issue but honestly better then what I expected.  Has literally worst combination of offensive. Line and skill position players in the NFL.  Until the Bills provide him NFL talent to work with he is a work in progress.

Josh Rosen - To date in my opinion a true grease fire in a bad system in Arizona.  Horrid offensive line and can't utilize the skill position players he has on the roster.  Weaker arm then expected, skinny build and looks frail in the pocket.  Of all 4, looks most like bust.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I’ll conjure a guess, regardless of anyone’s stance on the 2018 QBs. Many fans have shifted their focus onto the possibility the Bills waited a year too long to address their QB deficiency. 

That is a solid point.  Without the "real" GM in place...and being McD's first year on the job and with Tyrod, I would wager that he simply wasn't ready to make that evaluation at the time.  I can't really fault him...although I would have liked Watson.  The selection of Peterman I don't think was a matter of drafting the QB of the future as much as bringing in a capable backup...albeit we really didn't accomplish even that.  Then again that was not known at that time.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Rosen has looked terrible for two straight weeks. I feel comfortable saying he's been the worst rookie QB so far. I think it's fair to say the order they were drafted in is the same order of how they rank so far.

Wait, thought Rosen was the most pro-ready.

Don’t misinterpret my post - I am not saying that Rosen is destined to be bad.  IMHO, you can’t really judge any of these guys off their rookie seasons.  My point is that a lot of folks thought that Rosen would walk right into the league and thrive - that obviously hasn’t happened.  

Just in context of Rosen vs Allen - neither should be judged off this season as both are suffering fro poor supporting casts, as well as inexperience.

28 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

it's not that.

it's about the smugness and self-assuredness of the "WRONG JOSH" crowd, and seeing them humiliated. At least it is for me.

I understand, but seeing as how it will be a few years at the earliest before we can really assess who got the right or wrong, better or worse Josh, it seems like a waste of time currently. People on both sides get hot flashes whenever either one does something good or bad on a play to play basis. That’s just no way to judge players, especially struggling rookies. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nelius said:

Non player character apparently? it's some video game influenced insult that the alt-right is using to say that everybody else is brainless and can't think for themselves (thus the irony), and unfortunately it seems to be slipping into other circles. It's just boring as all hell, but I guess it's a thing now.

I'm totally lost, you used NPC to insult someone else. And now you're insulting your own insult.

I get parodies, but you're really going down a weird path with this one. 

Which the fact you're insulting people with NPC speaks volumes about yourself. I didn't know that was a thing. 

7 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I'm totally lost, you used NPC to insult someone else. And now you're insulting your own insult.

I get parodies, but you're really going down a weird path with this one. 

Which the fact you're insulting people with NPC speaks volumes about yourself. I didn't know that was a thing. 

You missed the point. He was insulting someone else, BECAUSE the some else uses NPC to insult others.  He was not using NPC to insult anyone.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBob said:

You missed the point. He was insulting someone else, BECAUSE the some else uses NPC to insult others.  He was not using NPC to insult anyone.

Holy *****... this is way too much effort. So he wasn't insulting the guy that it appeared he was insulting, he was insulting that guy to insult someone else who doesn't exist by using their dumb insult?

How could I have missed that?

Edited by Ol Dirty B

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Mayfield looks like the real deal--plus he's handicapped by the worst HC in NFL history.

What was the OP's point again?

Oh you know that's not true.  McD is there worst coach in NFL history.  I've read it on the internet so it must be true.

6 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Oh you know that's not true.  McD is there worst coach in NFL history.  I've read it on the internet so it must be true.

Heh.  You got jokes.  Anyhow, the Ryan idiot boys need to be included in any serious discussion ot worst coaches all time.  Cleveland's got nothing on them.