Derek Anderson's expected time in Buffalo - not too long by this statement

8 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

As long as he doesn’t want to retire I could see Anderson being Allen’s backup for the next 3-5 years.

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

waaaaaiiiit a minute.....so now we are shitting all over Derek Anderson because he was thrown in on a bad team with a weeks preparation?

Lets see what he does with some games under his belt.......he might be perfect as a backup guy past this year.

Also things on my mind at the time. 

I’m not sure why the Buffalo media is making a stink about him not being on the roster in August. 

This you need a veteran presence. No you don’t. 

He’s never been good. He immediately turned the ball over 4 times. 

If he had had the job out of Preseason the Bills would be 0-2, 0-3 and fans would be screaming for Josh Allen. Same as the fans in Cleveland with Tyrod/Mayfield and the Cardinals with Bradford/Rosen.

Veteran presence = washed up journeyman on his last legs. 

3 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Even more reason to keep have his family stay at their current home in the winter.

...trust me...the guy didn't even pack....went to Wally's World and got 12 pair of BVD's,  12 pocket tees (one per week for each), a two pak of Levis, toothpaste/brush and some Right-Guard....poised for that "quick exit".....

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I'm guessing he knows its only for a season. 

Leaving a family behind versus moving and moving again.  

Thoughts ?

Many players leave their family in a different state. Those guys have enough money to fly home at their wish multiple times a week.

Thoughts ?

Wait...  you're telling me a journeyman sub 500 QB at the age of 35 isn't planning a long term career in Buffalo?  did anyone pass this news-breaker off the the Buffalo News for a deep dive cover story?

Thoughts ?

Pretty standard

His kids are in school. He can go home on Monday Nights. He isn’t here past this year. He’s here because of the train wreck that wears number 2 (and plays like number 2). Next year there will be new faces in the room with Josh Allen.

Just now, Boca BIlls said:

He meant the Superbowl not mediocrity. 

I mean go balls out to win every game no matter what.

A Sunday when we win is a whole lotta fun.  A lot more than when we lose.   I want the Bills to win as many as they can.  I don't want to take my medicine and have a lot less fun by losing for a couple of years for a possible maybe.  Maybe you do.  If so, this is your year.  Reminds me of the BS line my Mom fed me about if I was good Santa would bring me more gifts.

I just don't think a team has to tanK and dump good players and suck for a few years to be good.  I don't think it works very often.  

Thoughts ?

Well it shouldnt be a surprise...he was plucked away from his vacation in a desperation move by this organization......McD seems to know only ex Carolina players but anyways.......if he survives this season than either way 100% he is not going to come back as he shouldnt.....it would be very bad for his health........so far this team has no creativity whatsoever at trying to build up this offense....

Edited by JPP