Is following the Bills a fun pastime for you?

Admittedly I enjoy the offseason more than the regular season now.   I can see the team making some moves at that time that should actually steer us towards relevancy.   This year has not been fun, but there are ebbs and flows you enjoy the good ones and try not to lose your **** over the bad.   

It's a frustrating labor of self-inflicted pain. To be a Buffalo sports fan is to experience pain. There is simply no other way to explain. We choose to experience pain on a daily, weekly, yearly basis. It is unhealthy. 

I think some fans, myself included, were cautiously optimistic that McDermott and co could build something, but this crucifixion to "in Buffalo, you have to run the ball", play defense, keep it close mantra is stale, old, and quite frankly poor strategy.

Other teams use the passing rules to their advantage. How often are we gonna see Brady on a 3rd and 4 throw deep, incomplete, and draw a holding or PI? This rarely happens to the Bills.

Until we have a management and coaching staff in place that understands the present and future of this sport is in the passing game, they're never really gonna be any good.

Sure, you wanna win close games, go 7-9 every year? (Hey at least we're not the Browns right?) I define "any good" as winning division titles, winning playoff games, hosting playoff games, and winning championships. I do not have confidence the Jauron-ball of run, punt, kick FGs, hold to FGs and maybe win 18-13 in the end is sound long term strategy. 

As an entertainment product, the Bills are sorely behind. Simply "being an NFL team" is not enough for a generation of consumers used to click, click, fun. More people watch other people play video games than watched the Stanley Cup Finals. Sports is aging fast, folks. Its all coming to an end soon enough.

It was when I actually thought they were at least trying to win.

Lately, I have just had to turn the channel - ugh!

I keep checking TBD to see if there is any sign that McBeane is trying to improve the offense in any way...

I feel real sad for Josh Allen because, if there is a way to ruin a rookie QB, McBeane will will find it.

Yes, it is fun.

I love the Bills and I love the game of football. Professional & College, I watch as much of it as I can.

Yes it has been a drag watching the Bills throughout the 2000's, but I wouldn't miss a game no matter what.

I'm an odd fan. Born, raised and living in California with no ties to Buffalo or western New York at all.

Became a fan mostly because of Jim Kelly. I remembered him during his college days and paid attention to him in his early career. Then I just started cheering for the Bills.

Bills fans were nowhere to be found where I lived when I was a kid. I was all by myself. As I got older I finally got to meet other Bills fans. Lots of great people, and I have made many friends with them over the years.

I always looked forward to when the Bills came out west. I'd go to as many games as I could and would see a lot of fans who would travel far to just to see the Bills play and have a great time tailgating. Nobody parties like Bills fans.

Then this season came along and for the first time I went to city of Buffalo for my first ever Bills home game. It went beyond my expectations. I had the best time. Met a lot of people who had only known online and I finally made it to the Pinto tailgate.

It was a time that I will never forget and it is one that I want to relive again. i will be back in Buffalo for other games in the future.

I come to this board every day. I watch intently during the off season to see what the Bills are doing. I have been attending the NFL Draft since 2001 and always look for other Bills fans that weekend to cheer on our picks.

Yes, the Buffalo Bills are fun for me. I will keep watching them no matter what until the end of my days. GO BILLS!!!

I used to live and die by the Bills. If we won, I was happy all week. Lose? I was just pissed off till about Tuesday or Wednesday. Maybe its finding my future wife. Maybe I've matured. Maybe just getting used to the Bills not being that great. Probably a mixture, but I don't let the losses effect me. I get angry during the game, because in a weird unexplainable way, it's part of the fun of being a fan. But by the time I get to the car, I'm over it.

I'll still be watching this year. Partially because I'm still a fan and want to see how the team (hopefully) develops. But mostly, as an excuse to hang out with my Buffalo friends. Other than that @Jauronimo fella, they're all fun people.

I’ve been rooting for the Bills since I was a kid cutting articles out of the Courier Express to paste in a notebook during OJ’s 2003 yards season. But the last decade of mediocrity has numbed my feelings, so I don’t get excited anymore. I watch and follow them objectively, but at this point I find the online and radio debates about them more entertaining than the games. I’m emotionally invested in the Sabres, whose young talent is finally giving hope for the future.

Fun and the Bills in the same sentence.....rare. The Vikings game was fun. I watch no matter what. Doesnt matter that they are getting blown out. I watch to see what players are worth keeping and which arent. I want to see why things work and why they dont. Usually I am screaming at the TV but not this season. This season I lowered my expectations to just wanting to see Allen grow. Now that Allen is not playing I am watching the players go through the motions on offense knowing they dont have much talent. The Colts game I just stared at the TV but I made myself watch til the end. 

It's ok. The Bills are still important but to me but I don't spend the nice fall Sundays watching games or plan my life around seeing the games.  

I probably enjoy this site more than the actual Bills game over the years - reading the vast array of different opinions, participating in discussion.

As a guy whose nickname is "Buffalo," it's embarrassing how bad this team has been.  It is no longer fun, and I believe I am letting it ruin my Mondays.  I will find out on Monday the 12th because I will not have chance to watch the Jets game on the 11th.  Going up to Plattsburgh to watch the nephew's college hockey games.  Can't wait!

It used to be fun, but lately it hasn't been.  I think McDermott is full of himself.  Screw the process; screw culture; GET. SOME. TALENT.  Good Lord look how many good to very good players they've let go.

• Like (+1) 1

I think if you are honest with yourself about the product and keep it in perspective it's fun even if they suck.

Some of you lustily defend obviously shaky/stupid decisions and then die a thousand deaths over the predictable result and take out the accompanying frustration with the team on anyone who mentions the ineptitude.    If you can't laugh at your sh*tty professional team you don't understand that it's just entertainment.

• Like (+1) 3