Our new OC/Next HC...

How much money would/could Pegula throw at Tony Romo to bring him in as OC/Asst HC, with the plan to flip him to HC in a year or so?

Romo out-coached Garrett at the end of the Cowboys game last night. Making the proper calls from the booth on what they should do, and then watching Garrett screw it up.

Git'r'dun.

• Like (+1) 3

Coaches arrive at 5am and sometimes pull all nighters and sleep in their office. There isn't a dollar figure that would get Romo to leave a job where he works 2-3 days a week and gets paid almost as much as a coach anyhow, especially in Buffalo. Cowher has turned down the Bills multiple times

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

How much money would/could Pegula throw at Tony Romo to bring him in as OC/Asst HC, with the plan to flip him to HC in a year or so?

Romo out-coached Garrett at the end of the Cowboys game last night. Making the proper calls from the booth on what they should do, and then watching Garrett screw it up.

Git'r'dun.

At least a mil more a year than he's making on TV.  

1 minute ago, WRONG JOSH said:

Coaches arrive at 5am and sometimes pull all nighters and sleep in their office. There isn't a dollar figure that would get Romo to leave a job where he works 2-3 days a week and gets paid almost as much as a coach anyhow, especially in Buffalo. Cowher has turned down the Bills multiple times

Of all the sports guys out there. I'd bet Tony puts in a lot of film study. 

Just now, Soda Popinski said:

If we were going to bring someone from the booth, I would want it to be Bruce Arians.  

I would love this, I just dont know with his health if he would be able to. Maybe he can pull an Urban Meyer tho....

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah.  Romo will give up a cushy announcer job to coach the Bills.  If he did coach, most likely its the Cowboys.

I say we sign Kelly as HC, Thurman as OC, Bruce as DC and Tasker as ST.  We’d be pretty awesome!

Edited by davefan66
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, WRONG JOSH said:

BUT, "We're putting the band back together."

6 minutes ago, WRONG JOSH said:

Plus I think he just got his PGA tour card.