The Bills deliberately did not maximize their roster talent this year

jtothebrown

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

If you mean that this year is and was always going to be a rebuilding year, then yes, you are correct.  It is deliberate.  Was anyone actually expecting playoffs this year?  Further, was anyone actually expecting more than 5 or 6 wins?  

Some fans don't see the vision.  They only care about this year and how to make it better right now.  It's gotta be tough to be a fan that sees the game that way.  You'd always be screaming for heads.  Not sure if they understand that when they say "Process" it means it's going to be a while.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Lv-Bills said:

Pretty easy to me what I personally don't see.  Their plan is assanine.  

#1 - They tried to tank last year, and that quick start, coupled with an absolute horrid year for the AFC put them in the playoffs.  OK, no biggie.  It was fun anyway.  

#2 - The plan this year was to finish the tank.  Fine.  Just say so.  I've been a season ticket holder for almost 20 years.  Don't play this dumb charade like they are trying.  I can easily handle that they wanted this year to do the things you said above, which is the easy way out of things.  They haven't done anything hard.  The cut a bunch of people.  That's the easiest part of their plan.

#3 - The draft picks they have next year......great.  They have a bunch of mid round picks.  They usually don't amount to much.

#4 - My biggest gripe.  Their plan this year is flat out garbage.  You don't draft a QB high like they did, and completely gut the offense around him.  It's absolutely stupid.  They knew, and didn't address, the WR corps at all.  If anything, they got worse.  That's inexcusable.  Then, they pretty much did the exact same thing to the line in front of their new rookie QB.  Granted, they had a couple of flukish things go against them in Richie and Wood, but still had time to address things.   Not really sure why a relatively young Cordy Glenn was also run out of town.   Next, they stand pat with a backfield of a couple of 30 plus year old RB's.  Seems smart to me.   If all of those draft picks we have next year are that impressive, McCoy should be out of here for a 4th or 5th.  

They botched the QB room, period.  Even if they wanted Allen to sit this year, they had to figure at some point he would have to play once one of our other deer in the headlights guys (Peterman or McCarron when he was here) was going to get hurt.   This is a NFL team that is seriously challenged in completing a downfield pass.  In the year 2018, we can't score a TD in half the games we play.  It's not about anything other than how this roster is constructed.  And it's not constructed to help a rookie QB develop.  Defense though........another story.  Seems pretty logical.  Not.

I get they are tanking on purpose.  Albeit, it might be the only team in NFL history trying their best to lose while already having their high priced rookie QB.   So, what are we tanking for?  A LT I guess.  RT?  WR?  Who knows.

I'm hoping they can't be this incredibly stupid.  They have next year, and that's it.  There's no more excuses after this year to address this putrid offensive roster.  Clear space or not, there's no reason this roster is this bad.  None.

There's plenty out there that people "don't get".   And rightfully so.

I know someone like Chris Brown would probably tell us something different, and how rosy things are, but come on.  There's reason to be somewhat concerned about their "process".

You say you dont like it and dont undertand it because you dont agree with the plan

Which is fine......Top 5 pick team dont get there by winning games

1 minute ago, Helpmenow said:

Mahomes.

This has been beaten to death......and Im not gonna rehash out what has plainly been pointed out with Mahommes

You want to think they are idiots for not drafting mahommes and instead taking the 1st round pick and a shut down corner?  You go right ahead.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, jtothebrown said:

This GM, This Coach, This Ownership, has deliberately set this team up to fail.

Just look at all the moves they made to gut the team. Just look at all the moves they havent made to improve this team.

They tried really hard last year, and if it wasnt for that meddling Dalton, they would have succeded.

That was a little Scooby Doo humor!

Good lord chill out.

Everybody who doesn’t have blinders one knew this team would stink this season.

We have 10 picks in the draft, cap space looks great, and some excellent rookies on the defensive side of the ball.

We’re fine. Think long term.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You say you dont like it and dont undertand it because you dont agree with the plan

Which is fine......Top 5 pick team dont get there by winning games

This has been beaten to death......and Im not gonna rehash out what has plainly been pointed out with Mahommes

You want to think they are idiots for not drafting mahommes and instead taking the 1st round pick and a shut down corner?  You go right ahead.

Still looking for that QB.

1 minute ago, McBean said:

Good lord chill out.

Everybody who doesn’t have blinders one knew this team would stink this season.

We have 10 picks in the draft, cap space looks great, and some excellent rookies on the defensive side of the ball.

We’re fine. Think long term.

Must be twenty.

1 hour ago, SDS said:

Seriously?

They moved as many veterans that are not a part of the future off the books this year, have loaded up on draft picks next year, and have  $90 million in cap space. What exactly is it that you don’t see? 

I don't see any ability on their part to evaluate offensive personnel. 

Here are just some of the recent "Hits & Misses" - Vontae Davis, Cory Coleman, Jeremy Kerley, Anquan Boldin, AJ McCarron, etc

8 minutes ago, cd1 said:

Here are just some of the recent "Hits & Misses" - Vontae Davis, Cory Coleman, Jeremy Kerley, Anquan Boldin, AJ McCarron, etc

None of these players were expected to be long term players. 

10 minutes ago, cd1 said:

Is that the list you based your opinion on? A bunch of cast offs from other teams that the Bills thought a change of scenery might work. Where is your list of guys that they signed to big contracts that do not contribute at all? Where is the list of high draft picks that they missed on?

2 hours ago, jtothebrown said:

Just look at all the moves they made to gut the team. Just look at all the moves they havent made to improve this team.

They tried really hard last year, and if it wasnt for that meddling Dalton, they would have succeded.

I guess they are secretly being paid by the a Patriots to sabotage the Bills. Wow!

Edited by Iverwig

6 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

Is that the list you based your opinion on? A bunch of cast offs from other teams that the Bills thought a change of scenery might work. Where is your list of guys that they signed to big contracts that do not contribute at all? Where is the list of high draft picks that they missed on?

Well, you said it - Cast offs from other teams YET McBeane worked them out and $igned them up! 

Good Eye, McBeane ?

Yeah that's it. If they were going to do that they would have done it last year when they had 7 picks in the first 3 rounds and wouldn't have had to trade up for QB.

They are still trying to win but they overvalued the replacements on the Oline and thought the WRs would progress. 

the season is a reality check for Beane and he better upgrade the offense or his tenure will be short.

3 hours ago, jtothebrown said:

They took all the dead cap this year 50+ million worth.  What did we legitimately expect was going to happen?

They even kept warning us through thinly veiled comments.

3 hours ago, SDS said:

They have not maximized their roster talent to win this season. There are many melodramatic ways to characterize that. The OP chose one. 

So they're tanking in your opinion.

The decision to eat all the dead cap money in a single season is definitely an indicator that they are tanking.

Going into a season of football with Allen and Peterman as your entire QB staff is another indicator.  Though I don't think McBeane were smart enough to actually know that.  So I'm not sure about this.

I think they are kind of quasi-tanking.