Allen not showing progress

PayDaBill$

4 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

No. He only attempted one today. And it looked like the same horrible deep balls he’s attempted in the last few weeks. So no. Not sure how you misread that but I see no improvement on his deep ball, especially outside the numbers throws.

The deep ball to Benjamin that was called back was right on the money. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Well he's the common link between now and the 90s, right?

“Since” the 90s. How has your courage and belief been rewarded?

5 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

Two words.. Jared Goff.. can’t judge Allen now, no oline and quite possibly the worst wr corps in modern history. Be happy he doesn’t make mistakes and isn’t scared. We win today if he finishes.

Two more words Sean McVay

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

“Since” the 90s. How has your courage and belief been rewarded?

Dude, I agreed with you!  It's the fault of everybody who has been here since the 90s!  Fire them all.  No one should be on a team for 30 years after such little success.  I have no faith in any of them.

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Except the one Benjamin caught for 40 yards right ? 

Aside from that maybe you have some sort of crusade point to make 

Not crusading at all bro - just obviously saying things that got you triggered. Look - be an Allen stan all you want if it makes you feel good. I just made a couple of on topic obversations. I even opened my post with a compliment about the kid. So no I am not crusading for anything. I don’t want to see him benched; I want him to get better. Just don’t know if he will. 

When he took on a handful of runs needlessly  I knew this was going to have a bad ending

you can’t just take off running in the NFL

even if you junk out a few first downs you will have to pay the piper

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The deep ball to Benjamin that was called back was right on the money. 

Again when I talked about his throws I said throws of consequence. That throw was very nice. It also was of no consequence to the game because it got wiped out. Look obviously you disagree with me but please don’t pick and choose my words.

Edited by JoPar_v2

14 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

How he isn't cut on Monday morning is beyond me. I don't think I have ever seen him in the backfield with Shady, and if he isn't going to be an asset to our best running back and f's up as he does, what's the point?

Agree- I think 42 has been awful all year. So to sum up the boards cuts- we are at Daboll, Peterman, Crossman, and Dimarco now- sound right?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Not crusading at all bro - just obviously saying things that got you triggered. Look - be an Allen stan all you want if it makes you feel good. I just made a couple of on topic obversations. I even opened my post with a compliment about the kid. So no I am not crusading for anything. I don’t want to see him benched; I want him to get better. Just don’t know if he will. 

"I'm not mad, I'm actually laughing" the post.

19 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I don't think he is shell shocked at all.  I think Daboll is coaching him badly.

I’ll watch the film again when 22 comes out but Allen looked jumpy to me, sensing pressure when it wasn’t there or running into pressure when he could have stepped away from it. 

But I agree that Daboll has not helped him either.

Just now, JoPar_v2 said:

I’m a keep your post grounded in reality Stan 

Use actual facts to dismiss him, no reason to reach. 

9 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

Two words.. Jared Goff.. can’t judge Allen now, no oline and quite possibly the worst wr corps in modern history. Be happy he doesn’t make mistakes and isn’t scared. We win today if he finishes.

If we want to copy that situation, we'll need 3 good to great WRs, a MVP candidate at RB, a solid offensive line and a brilliant offensive coach. 

Easy as pie! 

2 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

He needs to stop taking those hits! But I am definitely not down on him. I will evaluate him next year IF we make moves on offense this off season

He is just so set up for failure it isnt even funny

17 minutes ago, Magox said:

I thought Allen was beginning to look more comfortable out there.  There were lots of bad plays made by his teammates today, overall I think it was a step in the right direction for him.

And in regards to the team, I'm very encouraged that this defense is beginning to look like a championship caliber defense.   They have been lights out since the first 6 quarters and aside from Lorenzo and Kyle who are very important players the defense is very young.   Lot's to look forward to in regards to the defense.  Now we just need to get a couple more lineman and WR's and we're in business.

Why don't you take your common sense and rational viewpoint somewhere else?

Not sure if you noticed, but we ain't havin' none of that here 

3 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

He had some beauties today. The one where he got hurt was absolute money. He just has to work on shuffling in the pocket. Hopefully, Anderson can help. 

Was it just me but didn't Watson have a few drop backs where he almost looked like he was running a draw. I thought he was very impressive. If he had a line he would be a real problem

Just now, JoPar_v2 said:

Again when I talked about his throws I said throws of consquence. That throw was very nice. It also was of no consequence to the game because it got wiped out. Look obviously you disagree with me but please don’t pick and choose my words.

I didn't take consequence as you did. I was talking about in the second half and they needed a big play when nothing was going right. And it would have been a huge play of consequence. 

Just now, billsfan_34 said:

Agree- I think 42 has been awful all year. So to sum up the boards cuts- we are at Daboll, Peterman, Crossman, and Dimarco now- sound right?

I don't have a take on the other three. For two years I've felt that DiMarco was the most overpaid, unnecessary use of funds on the team. A sort of obligatory flop to Carolina. 

Spending millions on a fullback that to my untrained eye makes consistent errors and doesn't impact your running game? That's a sin.

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

you can’t just take off running in the NFL

Russel Wilson-esque running would be preferred. That dude rarely takes big hits. 
Cam's style isn't very sustainable, but it works because he's a giant and incredibly athletic.

Allen running up the middle on pass plays isn't going to fly. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

3 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

I’ll watch the film again when 22 comes out but Allen looked jumpy to me, sensing pressure when it wasn’t there or running into pressure when he could have stepped away from it. 

But I agree that Daboll has not helped him either.

Im sure you will see some of that.  I see him do that live, but I think it is partly to do with coaching.  The kid should be getting better, but he seems worse and I think its partly coaching.  Daboll should be creating plans to help him.  It just seems to be that Daboll is coaching him that way.  Could be bias because I want the kid to be the answer.  I don't know.  I thought he was starting to come on before the injury.  He started making some good passes.  Some called back.

Edited by Scott7975