OBJ = Terrell II

H2o

15 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Who cares if McCoy wants to have an all girls party, I sure as hell don't. If you do I suggest maybe stepping back from life a little bit.  

So its ok for fans to be complete dicks to players but not the other way around, so double standard, got it.

You are putting a lot words in my mouth.  I also do not care if he wants to party with girls - but this city did care.  It was a thing and he had to apologize and he never again crossed whatever line.  Again, prove me wrong. . . without making up ideas about me personally. 

He's a far bigger cry baby and distraction than TO. I would not want him on my team. I understand he is a really good player, but no thanks. He can go attack nets and howl at the moon for some other team.

TO just had a big ego. OBJ seems to have real mental health issues. I'm serious.

3 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Again, it's all fantasyland scenarios, a "hypothesis contrary to fact" fallacy in the flesh. 

All we know for certain is that he blew out the record books for a few years and is on pace for another great season. 

HOF talent existed with OBJ since his rookie year, and the Giants didn't need to get super creative to unleash it. 

They actually got VERY creative to unleash it. They lined him up all over the field, including the backfield. They targeted him a ton. They didn't just line him up on the outside and expect him to produce. They schemed him open and gave him great opportunities.

The scheme plus his great talent compounded his success.

I don't know how they use him now, but his rookie year they got very creative.

There are plenty of excellent WRs in the NFL (and some elite ones) who do plenty to help their teams win and at the same time go about their business as consummate professionals. They just don't happen to suit up for the Bills right now. It's up to us to properly scout and draft WRs or sign them in FA when they come available, same as any other team. We will hopefully see some of that next off season.

Maybe it makes sense to break the bank on a guy like OBJ in certain circumstances, where for example you have a level headed veteran lockerroom with productive players in their own right who can help keep the diva in line or at least render his misbehaviours less damaging to team chemistry and where it is strongly felt that the divas talent is necessary to get you over the top and to where you want to go. Above all you should never be in the position of having paid a guy like OBJ in part for intangibles that you expect him to bring to the table, things like maturity and leadership, in other words things that have never been part of his makeup. You can pay a pro like LeSean McCoy for that even if off the field there are occasional issues (bottom line McCoy has never been suspended and his lockerroom/on field presence is irreproachable and up to his talent). OBJ pretended to be that guy during three weeks of preseason play in order to get paid, but as soon as the ink was dry on his contract he quickly reverted to form and to what he has always been known to be. Did the G-Men seriously expect anything different? And OBJs dumbass behaviour is actually not limited to off the field stuff. He frequently cannot control himself on the field and winds up hurting his team. The Giants have a young group of receivers that OBJ should be helping to become pros. Instead they are mirroring his childish tantrums. Was all that really worth 80 million bucks?

IMO you crack the big check only when both the talent and the intangibles are plainly there to see - Khalil Mack and others of that ilk. In the situation that the vast majority of teams are in giving OBJ (or Marcel Dareus) a contract like that is not smart. It's not the the only dumb move the Giants have made recently. Pat Shurmur convinced management that Eli was still really good. He's not. Barkely is a great RB but he's not likely to win them many games all by himself. They needed to draft a QB.

Edited by starrymessenger

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

OBJ seems to have real mental health issues. I'm serious.

Sleeby set the bar with Buffalo being a "Small town, simple values" kind of place. 

This one came close, but ultimately fell short. 

Football fans get tremendous insight into the "mental health" of a player by watching a few games. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

He's a far bigger cry baby and distraction than TO. I would not want him on my team. I understand he is a really good player, but no thanks. He can go attack nets and howl at the moon for some other team.

TO just had a big ego. OBJ seems to have real mental health issues. I'm serious.

I also think in TO's time, TO was truly unique and would/could change a team/game drastically.  There was TO, Randy Moss sometimes, and Chad Johnson for a time.

Is there that much of a delta between Beckham and a mass of other receivers?

2 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I also think in TO's time, TO was truly unique and would/could change a team/game drastically.  There was TO, Randy Moss sometimes, and Chad Johnson for a time.

Is there that much of a delta between Beckham and a mass of other receivers?

Yes.

This eras trio was Julio Jones, Antonio Brown and OBJ. 

Edited by CountDorkula

13 minutes ago, MJS said:

They actually got VERY creative to unleash it. They lined him up all over the field, including the backfield. They targeted him a ton. They didn't just line him up on the outside and expect him to produce. They schemed him open and gave him great opportunities.

The scheme plus his great talent compounded his success.

I don't know how they use him now, but his rookie year they got very creative.

McAdoo didn't seem that creative.

He proved very early on that he could beat just about any DB who matched up across from him. 

How many players out there can truly take a bunch of short routes to the house this easily? It's is an extremely rare trait. 

But yeah, he's not worth it, because he's a loudmouth, or so some would say. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

41 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Just curious what people thoughts are on Adam Theilen?

Real scrappy player

9 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Sleeby set the bar with Buffalo being a "Small town, simple values" kind of place. 

Football fans get tremendous insight into the "mental health" of a player by watching a few games. 

odell-beckham-cheap-shot-on-josh-norman.

Guy who's right in the head doesn't do this imo

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Just curious what people thoughts are on Adam Theilen?

Overlooked and underrated, except by the DBs who have to cover him.  Small town small college MN boy playing out his dream and deserves the success he's having.  He's so wholesome you wonder if he's real, but from what his teammates have to say, seems to be:

I joked after last NFC division round that Keenum ought to get Biblical about Diggs and Thielen:  "whither thou goest, I will go", but seriously, they made him look great.

10 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Real scrappy player

First WR EVER to have consecutive 100+ yd games in the NFL.  Calling him "scrappy" sells him way short.  He's got real chops as a wideout.

Believe it or not, Bills did about the best job so far this year shutting him down in the Vikes game.  He still racked up over 100 yds, but we kept him to 7.5 ypr instead of the 11-17 he's hung up on everyone else so far.

5 hours ago, H2o said:

There is no questioning the guy's talent, just like with Owens. His antics however are just the same. It is a pattern that has been clearly evident after his first season in the NFL. His outbursts, his statements to the media, all of it is eerily reminiscent of Terrell Owens. He is clearly a "me first" kind of guy. The latest couple incidents being the interview and walking off of the field before halftime, due to the dehydration of course :rolleyes:. I bet the Giants are already regretting that contract. Once it becomes financially feasible I would not be surprised to see him released, probably around 2020. Once that happens he will bounce around the league.  

This is all a bunch of garbage.

We could have had him without giving up extra picks.

Instead the brain trust at OBD gave away the farm for Sammy Watkins.

How I wish we had taken O.B.J.

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

First WR EVER to have consecutive 100+ yd games in the NFL.  Calling him "scrappy" sells him way short.  He's got real chops as a wideout.

Believe it or not, Bills did about the best job so far this year shutting him down in the Vikes game.  He still racked up over 100 yds, but we kept him to 7.5 ypr instead of the 11-17 he's hung up on everyone else so far.

'Scrappy' is a joke, a reference to a TV show about how white athletes are described by sportscasters. He's a fine WR. 

5 hours ago, H2o said:

There is no questioning the guy's talent, just like with Owens. His antics however are just the same. It is a pattern that has been clearly evident after his first season in the NFL. His outbursts, his statements to the media, all of it is eerily reminiscent of Terrell Owens. He is clearly a "me first" kind of guy. The latest couple incidents being the interview and walking off of the field before halftime, due to the dehydration of course :rolleyes:. I bet the Giants are already regretting that contract. Once it becomes financially feasible I would not be surprised to see him released, probably around 2020. Once that happens he will bounce around the league.  

There are 0 comparisons to OBJ and Owens imo, I have never seen OBJ in his driveway doing situps shirtless or crying "he's my QB man", or coming up with catchy slogans like "get yo popcorn ready", There is truly only 1 TO. 

The guy's a clown who needs to grow up.  If I have a bad day at work you don't start punching the water cooler.  I could see him doing sit ups in his driveway in 7 years after being traded to the London Jaguars.

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

There are 0 comparisons to OBJ and Owens imo, I have never seen OBJ in his driveway doing situps shirtless or crying "he's my QB man", or coming up with catchy slogans like "get yo popcorn ready", There is truly only 1 TO. 

Besides being a diva who constantly draws attention to himself.

1 hour ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Well, how would you describe buffalo?  Not small, not blue collar, not rust belt, not aged and old fashioned valued?    

Are we large, white collared, warm weathered, young, and insensitive to everything?   Ha.

Anyhow, I'm not giving my opinions - just stating what we all saw - shady had to apologize and promise to fit in before he even got here due to a tweet and watkins had to apologize after the city got up in arms over his nonsense tweet.  Neither mattered to me.  

I guess if small town with simple values isn't the reason then it might simply be small, racist town. . .but hopefully that's not it.  Eh?

OBJ might be cool with most here but he would rock the good boat buffalo something else.  This town is conservative - not so much progressive.  Look at the election results for erie county if you wish.

Edited by sleeby