Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
H2o

OBJ = Terrell II

Recommended Posts

There is no questioning the guy's talent, just like with Owens. His antics however are just the same. It is a pattern that has been clearly evident after his first season in the NFL. His outbursts, his statements to the media, all of it is eerily reminiscent of Terrell Owens. He is clearly a "me first" kind of guy. The latest couple incidents being the interview and walking off of the field before halftime, due to the dehydration of course :rolleyes:. I bet the Giants are already regretting that contract. Once it becomes financially feasible I would not be surprised to see him released, probably around 2020. Once that happens he will bounce around the league.  

Edited by H2o
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If one of our guys was on his way to having a HoF career I wouldn’t care that he’s a jerk.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think OBJ is an amplified version of TO... a better player, worse teammate and bigger headache.  I honestly question his mental health.

 

If Kanye West and TO had a love child, the result would be OBJ.

Edited by DasNootz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He has a right to be pissed....signs a long term contract and team doesn't have an O-Line or QB 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least they target him.....  Look too at Antonio Brown.  

 

Look Eli is cooked and everyone knows that and football is the toughest game wrt WR's who basically are decoys 80% of playcalls.....  Yesterday 10 targets on 64 plays (15.6%).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played receiver but man, they are the worst.  All about them.  Plus, how many of these elite receivers actually win?  I also blame the media because they devote so much time to a 🤡 like this but ignore guys like AJ Green and Davante Adams. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

I think OBJ is an amplified version of TO... a better player, worse teammate and bigger headache.  I honestly question his mental health.

 

If Kanye West and TO had a love child, the result would be OBJ.

 

 

OBJ has many miles to go before he's level with TO as a WR..

 

8 minutes ago, nucci said:

He has a right to be pissed....signs a long term contract and team doesn't have an O-Line or QB 

 

No he doesn't.  He knew all that when he signed that contract.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I played receiver but man, they are the worst.  All about them.  Plus, how many of these elite receivers actually win?  I also blame the media because they devote so much time to a 🤡 like this but ignore guys like AJ Green and Davante Adams. 

 

 

Because those two aren't making news?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, nucci said:

He has a right to be pissed....signs a long term contract and team doesn't have an O-Line or QB 

Why did he sign the long term contract then? It was his decision

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

 

OBJ has many miles to go before he's level with TO as a WR..

 

 

No he doesn't.  He knew all that when he signed that contract.

 

 

Because those two aren't making news?

They just are super productive and do their jobs.  Bunch of losers.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

If one of our guys was on his way to having a HoF career I wouldn’t care that he’s a jerk.

 

I could not agree more. OBJ is an arrogant jerk, but he’s not Ray Lewis or Ben Roethlisberger. He’s full of himself. Imagine that, a highly talented WR with an oversized ego. If he was a Bill no one on this board would care - except for the trolls - and a bunch would wear his jersey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, H2o said:

There is no questioning the guy's talent, just like with Owens. His antics however are just the same. It is a pattern that has been clearly evident after his first season in the NFL. His outbursts, his statements to the media, all of it is eerily reminiscent of Terrell Owens. He is clearly a "me first" kind of guy. the latest couple incidents being the interview and walking off of the field before halftime, due to the dehydration of course :rolleyes:. I bet the Giants are already regretting that contract. Once it becomes financially feasible I would not be surprised to see him release, probably around 2020. Once that happens he will bounce around the league.  

get er done Brandon... TO Chapter II for us, nevertheless...😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Why did he sign the long term contract then? It was his decision

I don't know...you'd have to ask him

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

 

I could not agree more. OBJ is an arrogant jerk, but he’s not Ray Lewis or Ben Roethlisberger. He’s full of himself. Imagine that, a highly talented WR with an oversized ego. If he was a Bill no one on this board would care - except for the trolls - and a bunch would wear his jersey. 

He left his team on the field and gave up on them (can he hydrate on the sidelines?)

 

Punching field goal nets, head butting tables on the sideline, ...

 

This goes beyond arrogance...it borders on Vontae Davis Syndrome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i thought they were crazy for not trading him.  Could have traded him, drafted a QB and/or traded down for another bounty, and you have a turnkey ready rebuild off and running.

 

I think they worst thing they could have done was back up the brinx truck to that spoiled brat, draft a running back 2nd overall in a draft that featured 2-4 franchise QB candidates, and try to get players to make a run.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I played receiver but man, they are the worst.  All about them.  Plus, how many of these elite receivers actually win?  I also blame the media because they devote so much time to a 🤡 like this but ignore guys like AJ Green and Davante Adams. 

 

That's because AJ and Devante are boring.  See Marvin Harrison and Isaac Bruce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

If one of our guys was on his way to having a HoF career I wouldn’t care that he’s a jerk.

It is quite a bit early to put him in the hall of fame, even a discussion.  As far as the comparison to Owens, he is not as accomplished as yet and is an even bigger turd.  Not worth the headache and cost in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

 

That's because AJ and Devante are boring.  See Marvin Harrison and Isaac Bruce.

Harrison is far from boring and don’t let him hear you say that!

 

and I’d rather have boring and productive than exciting and annoying.  But that’s just me.

5 minutes ago, FLFan said:

It is quite a bit early to put him in the hall of fame, even a discussion.  As far as the comparison to Owens, he is not as accomplished as yet and is an even bigger turd.  Not worth the headache and cost in my opinion.

He is off to a way better start to his career than TO (though all passing stats have a huge * now).

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They just are super productive and do their jobs.  Bunch of losers.

 

That's not newsworthy though.  There's nothing to report. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said before, there is no questioning the guy's talent. He is an elite WR in this league. His maturity, decision making, and attitude are all things within his control. He is lacking in every area. Someone could probably make videos of him and Terrell being side by said saying and doing very similar things as a comparison. The only thing OBJ hasn't done yet is cry about his quarterback. That may come down the road when he is trying to fake emotion for the camera as well. It's not good for a locker room as a whole and people will shortly grow tired of it. Barkley is more mature and more of a leader than he is even as a rookie. That says something imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

He left his team on the field and gave up on them (can he hydrate on the sidelines?)

 

Punching field goal nets, head butting tables on the sideline, ...

 

This goes beyond arrogance...it borders on Vontae Davis Syndrome

 

He did go into the locker room one play early to get an IV, if Shurmur is to be believed.  And he was back catching the ball on the Giants first play from scrimmage.  So you are making something out of nothing here. Ditto for your complaints about his meaningless (albeit childish) antics. Get real. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, nucci said:

I don't know...you'd have to ask him

Haha. In all seriousness. He knew what the situation was and he chose to resign there. It was his decision and now he has to live with it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

If one of our guys was on his way to having a HoF career I wouldn’t care that he’s a jerk.

Luckily this staff would never invest heavily in a guy like that. That attitude lingers when it's a star player. I guarantee it has effected the Giants and is ONE of many reasons they are 1-5. Phenomenal talent , terrible teammate and person to build ur culture around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Terrell Owens looks like a half normal guy compared to OBJ. OBJ has some serious issues he should sort out. Some medication might be needed. Just saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×