Jump to content
YoloinOhio

Derek Anderson signed; Peterman QB2 week 6; Anderson Presser

Recommended Posts

You guys are funny for sure. Anderson is nothing more than a player/ coach and won't be active for a game as long as no injuries occur. Not only will Peterman be kept on the active roster as the back up, he will be on it in 2019 as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok for the QB meeting room but I will not be pleased if Derek Anderson plays 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Peterman is on the 53 for now, but I think it’s a matter of time before he’s cut. Just need DA to learn the playbook first. He may not be active until week 7

That makes sense.  I just don't see any other rational reason for keeping him.  He is clearly just a practice type player, but when real bullets fly, he's not ready for prime time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like an odd move.  I guess Hyde and Bush are ready to go.  And they like Neal.  Probably be back on the PS this time tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, MikeSpeed said:

You guys are funny for sure. Anderson is nothing more than a player/ coach and won't be active for a game as long as no injuries occur. Not only will Peterman be kept on the active roster as the back up, he will be on it in 2019 as well.

 

I do not see this happening.   Buffalo traded McCarron with the hopes that Peterman was able to serve as the stop gap or backup.    That clearly did not work out.  

 

It would make no sense to sign Anderson is there wasn't an intent to eventually replace Peterman this year as the backup.  I'm only surprised that it didn't happen sooner.   Peterman is only on the roster until Anderson gets up to speed with the playbook. 

 

I like the idea of the signing, I just hope we didn't lose Marlowe by gambling on being able to put him back on the practice squad.

Edited by dgrochester55

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dgrochester55 said:

 

I do not see this happening.   Buffalo traded McCarron with the hopes that Peterman was able to serve as the stop gap or backup.    That clearly did not work out.  

 

It would make no sense to sign Anderson is there wasn't an intent to eventually replace Peterman this year as the backup.  I'm only surprised that it didn't happen sooner.   Peterman is only on the roster until Anderson gets up to speed with the playbook. 

I guess we'll agree to disagree. I believe Peterman is McDermott's guy. He'll keep him around as long as he can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MikeSpeed said:

You guys are funny for sure. Anderson is nothing more than a player/ coach and won't be active for a game as long as no injuries occur. Not only will Peterman be kept on the active roster as the back up, he will be on it in 2019 as well.

I can buy into that.   

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Release Marlowe after the game he had on Sunday?  Wow, you ball out, get released.  You suck balls, like Pickerman, you stay on the team.  WTF McBeane?

Everyone keeps saying this but Marlowe really had one job Sunday. Don't get beat deep. Every time I paid attention to the defensive alignment, it was very similar. Cover 1 with Marlowe ~20 yards deep. Poyer up near the line. It was very obvious their defensive game plan to hide Marlowe was literally sticking him up top and telling him not to let anyone behind him. He did fine, but nothing earth shattering

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome Derek Anderson to the legion of Bills veteran scrub QBs!:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JM57 said:

Everyone keeps saying this but Marlowe really had one job Sunday. Don't get beat deep. Every time I paid attention to the defensive alignment, it was very similar. Cover 1 with Marlowe ~20 yards deep. Poyer up near the line. It was very obvious their defensive game plan to hide Marlowe was literally sticking him up top and telling him not to let anyone behind him. He did fine, but nothing earth shattering

 

He played every defensive snap, had 4 sure tackles, and a PD in the endzone to save a Titans TD.  This from a guy that came in with one week of practice.  He was solid, and did not deserve to be cut over others that have underperformed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

 

That's what I was thinking too. If Josh gets hurt, you can't have DA coming off the bench after only five days on the team.

 

 

I think I'd prefer that vs NP playing ever again

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Marlowe played every defensive play last week, and now gets cut...

 

Strange move..

They must be confident that Hyde will be ready to go this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

 

He played every defensive snap, had 4 sure tackles, and a PD in the endzone to save a Titans TD.  This from a guy that came in with one week of practice.  He was solid, and did not deserve to be cut over others that have underperformed.

They brought him up from the PS because two safeties were out. They don't need 5 safeties. One is coming back, so he goes and hopefully returns to the PS. Do I think they need 10 OL? Absolutely not. Do I think the WR suck? Absolutely. But they still don't need 5 safeties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bills2ref said:

I’m a little disappointed they released Dean Marlowe. I thought he filled in rather well Sunday. 

He did a great job,I'm not happy with this news,not at all!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Bills should start him as soon as he's up to speed. Not necessarily for an extended period, just for a game or two so Josh can watch another QB go through the process. 

 

Allen desperately needs to steepen the learning curve. He's just been atrocious out there, literally costing us games. 

 

If he's even half as mentally tough as every claims he is, he'll take the benching like a champ and come back a much better player in a few weeks with a little more perspective on what it takes to be successful at this level. 

Edited by VW82
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Bills should start him as soon as he's up to speed. Not necessarily for an extended period, just for a game or two so Josh can watch another QB go through the process. 

 

Allen desperately needs to steepen the learning curve. He's just been atrocious out there, literally costing us games. 

 

If he's even half as mentally tough as every claims he is, he'll take the benching like a champ and come back a much better player in a few weeks with a little more perspective on what it takes to be successful at this level. 

I don't know about all that . Allen is in unless he gets hurt.  Ravens loss is on Peterman 100%.  Chargers game Allen started to move the ball but it was too late.  Vikes we won thanks to Josh/D. Packers was ugly, you can argue some plays go our way we might have had a chance.  Titans he didn't do anything special but there were also no back breaking mistakes.  Think this move actually says more about how hot trash Peterman is than anything else.  Sounds like Mcdermott thinks he can win some games right now.  I'd rather watch Allen make mistakes and lose than watch a 35 year old career backup or a never was

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Marlowe played every defensive play last week, and now gets cut...

 

Strange move..

Unless we think Hyde or Bush are going to be back this weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×