NYG Release 2015 First Round Pick Ereck Flowers - Signed by Jacksonville

11 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

At all costs do not sign this guy. It’s funny driving to work yesterday I thought about this exact senario. I live an hour from met life and my local media is all jets and Giants. This guy is absolutely terrible. And I thought for once, I was going to be the guy saying living here you hear about this guy all the time and you don’t want him. And I was afraid if he shook loose, the Bills would be dumb enough to think he was a 1st rounder, let’s try and resurrect it. Do not sign this guy under any circumstances. He is terrible. That will not change.

Don't know much about him and the only consideration would be on the practice squad.  But he is not PS eligible and probably not worth bumping somebody else off if he was eligible.

Just now, RochesterRob said:

Don't know much about him and the only consideration would be on the practice squad.  But he is not PS eligible and probably not worth bumping somebody else off if he was eligible.

He is literally not worth any role period on an nfl roster. Just don’t even bother. The guy is legitimately a complete waste

• Haha (+1) 1

...yet ANOTHER prime example that the draft has never been, is not nor will it EVER be an exact science.....Flowers was 9th overall....our very own Eric (COUGH) was #26......so what exactly do GM's and NFL Personnel Directors have to go on that is rock solid?....SQUAT......once that lad cashes the "big check", no way in hell to know what is in his head 'n heart as far as NFL football......think clubs do NOT have payroll millions tied up in their respective personnel departments?....yet the "fire McBeane" yipsters type away here from under their desks, safe and sound.....

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

At all costs do not sign this guy. It’s funny driving to work yesterday I thought about this exact senario. I live an hour from met life and my local media is all jets and Giants. This guy is absolutely terrible. And I thought for once, I was going to be the guy saying living here you hear about this guy all the time and you don’t want him. And I was afraid if he shook loose, the Bills would be dumb enough to think he was a 1st rounder, let’s try and resurrect it. Do not sign this guy under any circumstances. He is terrible. That will not change.

The Bills "can't afford" to keep their own talented players but they apparently can always find the $$$ and draft picks to trade for some other team's first round bust, so I figure that it's a real possibility that Ereck Flowers winds up on the Bills.  After all, if he was a first round pick, he must have shown "something".

Edited by SoTier

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...yet ANOTHER prime example that the draft has never been, is not nor will it EVER be an exact science.....Flowers was 9th overall....our very own Eric (COUGH) was #26......so what exactly do GM's and NFL Personnel Directors have to go on that is rock solid?....SQUAT......once that lad cashes the "big check", no way in hell to know what is in his head 'n heart as far as NFL football......think clubs do NOT have payroll millions tied up in their respective personnel departments?....yet the "fire McBeane" yipsters type away here from under their desks, safe and sound.....

McDermott and Beane deserve to be fired for McDermott's dismantling of the Bills offense since he was hired and given general control of player personnel along with his and Beane's failure to provide Allen with an adequate OL and a NFL caliber WR corps.   If I had ever done my job as incompetently as these two have "managed" the Bills personnel over 2017 and 2018, my ass would have been out the door ASAP.   "Accountability" isn't just for players.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, the skycap said:

And became a foreman

Yeah but we now know that you can make sugar out of ****.......and charge double in the organic section...........someone musta gave him a bum steer.........it's soylent green that you can't make out of ****.?

36 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

He's horrible. Mills is better than him, by a lot.

He's about where Mills was in his development when they picked him up.

For some time with Buffalo Mills was the worst RT in the league.

I don't really see the fit here for Flowers with two healthy OT's and a system-familiar stiff like McDermott in reserve.........but even if he's not claimed due to his contract I think some team will make a space for him.    

Have a friend who's a Giants fan, he's been dying for Flowers to get pulled or cut. He's not good. Not sure exactly what the Giants saw on him coming out of college but he's been a massive bust.

Believe it or not, Jordan Mills has quietly put together a decent season. In fact, the OL probably played their best game yesterday. Had a few whiffs, Casey flew threw them a couple times but overall it was immensely better than the Green Bay game. 

Dawkins is alright. And, again, believe it or not, Vlad Ducasse has been solid and steady. Russ Bodine and John Miller not so much. 

I still maintain that they tinkered with the OL lineup too much over the summer. At a certain point, you gotta identify your best five and let those guys develop chemistry. Instead, they had a different starting OL for every pre-season game and I think the lineup of Dawkins, Ducasse, Groy, Miller and Mills only played a handful of game snaps together. Groy lost whatever he had back in 2016 when he filled in well for Wood. Bodine has been better but not by much. Gotta roll with him though because at least he has four years experience as a starting center. 

Hopefully as the year goes on they gel together and keep getting better. But yeah, there's no way Ereck Flowers provides this team with an upgrade. 

Edited by blacklabel

7 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

If he doesn’t suck worse than our sucky guys, we should kick the tires on him. Just make sure he’s got his knee brace on first. 

I live in Giants/Jets country...he's worse than anyone we have. Guy is garbage 

Edited by PaulieYayo

13 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

If he doesn’t suck worse than our sucky guys, we should kick the tires on him. Just make sure he’s got his knee brace on first. 

A team with a bad O-Line is cutting a starting T....that should tell you all you need to know

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Especially one with the same first name even if spelled differently...Erik Flowers was a colossal bust

IIRC that was a pick by Wade Phillips in the 1st round when he was projected as a 3rd rounder at best.  Wade attended a workout and had to have him.  

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to NYG Release 2015 First Round Pick Ereck Flowers