If You Replaced The Entire Bills WR Corps With Street Free Agents, Would There Be Any Difference?

BuffaloRush

38 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

The Bills WR’s are easily the worst in the NFL.  They are such a non-factor, it made me ponder a question that seems far-fetched but is certainly interesting.

If you replaced all of the Bills 5WR’s with the 5 best street free agents that you could find (excluding a Dez Bryant), do you think there would be any difference in the production at the position?  

Call me crazy but I honestly don’t think there would be.  The best Bills WR is Kelvin Benjamin and he gets just a handful of targets a game.  Half of those targets he drops.  The rest of the crew might as well be invisible.  

So so what are your thoughts?

...the street is uglier.......and why they're on "the street".......

Zay Jones is still worth keeping as I have seen a little improvement since he started, but the rest can go for all I care.    There have been other recent bad receiving corps, but those at least had Lee Evans or Stevie Johnson as a semi decent #1.  Benjamin is a complete joke this year.      Problem is, WR is one of the hardest positions to walk right into and be ready to contribute five days after being signed by a team.     I am on board with cutting the dead weight and trying other options out, but it may take a few weeks for them to fully adjust.

Edited by dgrochester55

32 minutes ago, Augie said:

Question: who, exactly, is available on the street? I’m all for finding new blood. I know for as fact that @plenzmd1 was and still is a stud athlete, @Seasons1992 provides some youth and agility, and I’d pay just to see @DC Tom get out there and mix it up!  Really, I would! 

I do run about a 3.9 40.

That is measured in hours, right?

10 minutes ago, dgrochester55 said:

Zay Jones is still worth keeping as I have seen a little improvement since he started, but the rest can go for all I care.    There have been other recent bad receiving corps, but those at least had Lee Evans or Stevie Johnson as a semi decent #1.  Benjamin is a complete joke this year.      Problem is, WR is one of the hardest positions to walk right into and be ready to contribute five days after being signed by a team.     I am on board with cutting the dead weight and trying other options out, but it may take a few weeks for them to fully adjust.

What?  He has no impact as a football player on this team.  

1 hour ago, BuffaloRush said:

Think about it - KB is the best WR and he gets little separation.

Zay Jones is invisible 

Andre Holmes is not a good WR but he’s on the team for ST’s.  Should not be playing WR

Ray Ray McLeod is mostly a ST’er.  Should not really be playing WR.

Robert Foster is a fringe member of the roster.  He might not make most teams.  

They should have drafted Equanimeous St Brown (or however his name is spelled) over Ray Ray.

No.

Benjamin can't run anymore, Zay Jones is the worst 2nd round pick we've made since Torrell Troup, Robert Foster belongs in the CFL, and the rest of the guys shouldn't be professional football players. 

The Bills have the worst group of wide receivers in the NFL.

5 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I do run about a 3.9 40.

That is measured in hours, right?

Time is relative, so this is open to interpretation.....  

I’ll still pay to see it!  

Think of it as a charity event, with Lawrence Taylor as a potential downside. Oh, and remember to duck when necessary! 

Keep your Eye on Preston Williams WR Colorado St... could be the best WR in the nation (was out of high school anyway) and N’Keal Harry WR Arizona St. I think both can be potential top 15 picks, maybe top 10.

Building through the draft folks