We All Know The Bills Issues....Now Share Your Solutions

BuffaloRush

Give Mccoy the ball more? Run and Run and Run more...then use play action. Like Ivory got 6 carries, ans Lesean 5? not enough for me

Throw quick slants after one or two steps to Benjamin, Jones or Clay?

17 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Continue to bottom out, secure #1 overall pick, and select a guy who can be our franchise QB.

Allen isn't the answer.

For now, I realize most will disagree with that and the point is certainly debatable.

As time goes on, that will change. 

EDIT:  liquidate Shady if we can get a draft pick for him.  Trade any other veteran we can get draft picks for as well.  Guys like shady will not be contributors here if and when we are good. 

Your edit is why we are where we are. McBeane shipped off talent. Better hope those picks pan out. 

8 hours ago, row_33 said:

Brady has to retire by 2025

and a team finishing first has to be called a division winner even if it goes 6-10

so there is hope

Even when Brady retires, as long as BB is running that team, we will continue to get beat by them.

Granted when we play them without Brady, we generally do well, but we've never played them twice in a year without Brady!

If im Pegula, im throwing some ridiculous $$ at BB, with all personell control.

Problem: this was always a rebuilding year - something some fans will not accept, and that's okay. 

Solution: lower your expectations and enjoy the ride. There will be ups and down but the entirety of this season revolves not around wins and loses, but around the development of the young core. Next year will be the year for serious consternation over Ws and Ls ... (imo of course)

:beer: :beer: 

GO BILLS! 

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

So basically what you are saying is, take you lumps this season and focus on 2019?

Absolutely!! That was always going to be the case. The most obvious solutions now should be to play the young guys and hope that they develop. Get snaps for guys like Taron Johnson, Neal, Teller, McCloud, Foster, McDermott, Croom, etc... Your roster may be the worst in the NFL. You know guys like Holmes and Mills can’t play. Why not see if the other guys can be pieces in the future? I’m not even talking superstars but maybe you can find a slot receiver or a swing OT. We have needs everywhere. I’d also see what I could get for any of the vets that aren’t going to be a part of the future either. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Absolutely!! That was always going to be the case. The most obvious solutions now should be to play the young guys and hope that they develop. Get snaps for guys like Taron Johnson, Neal, Teller, McCloud, Foster, McDermott, Croom, etc... Your roster may be the worst in the NFL. You know guys like Holmes and Mills can’t play. Why not see if the other guys can be pieces in the future? I’m not even talking superstars but maybe you can find a slot receiver or a swing OT. We have needs everywhere. I’d also see what I could get for any of the vets that aren’t going to be a part of the future either. 

Non-linear re-build plans can work but the last step is usually replacing the HC.

That may be the way this ultimately ends in a couple seasons as well.    Someone new inheriting a tight ship with a sound defense and some young offensive talent and high picks/cap room.

I hope not because I think McD is adequate in that HC role.......and like we found out with the criticism of Whaley......you can just as easily do worse(Beane).

It just eludes me why so many new Bills HC/GM's cripple their own chances of success by not finding a way to make the existing talent work.

I think the real question is.....what are the bills really trying to do this year?

ANY PLAYER MOVE that is made this year at best gets you to an 8-8 season....is this really what we want?

Im not saying intentionally tank.....but I think the smart play is to play the youngster's this year to get them experience and figure out who is going to be a player for us NEXT year......

So......guys like Teller should be starting...because Decausse and Miller are not future answer's.....we need to find out if Teller is a actually starting OG in the league......I would also like to see Dawkins get some time at LG to see if he can be a very good LG or an average LT in this league.....because if he is a pro bowl type LG lets make that move in the offseason and get a very good LT to team up next too him......

Pass catchers wise......KB should just be benched....play Zay, McCloud, take a looks at some younger players at pass catcher

Find out what we have going forward....so we can know WHERE to spend our 90 million of cap space and 10 draft picks

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think the real question is.....what are the bills really trying to do this year?

ANY PLAYER MOVE that is made this year at best gets you to an 8-8 season....is this really what we want?

Im not saying intentionally tank.....but I think the smart play is to play the youngster's this year to get them experience and figure out who is going to be a player for us NEXT year......

So......guys like Teller should be starting...because Decausse and Miller are not future answer's.....we need to find out if Teller is a actually starting OG in the league......I would also like to see Dawkins get some time at LG to see if he can be a very good LG or an average LT in this league.....because if he is a pro bowl type LG lets make that move in the offseason and get a very good LT to team up next too him......

Pass catchers wise......KB should just be benched....play Zay, McCloud, take a looks at some younger players at pass catcher

Find out what we have going forward....so we can know WHERE to spend our 90 million of cap space and 10 draft picks

Exactly the proper question.

Like I said in the FIRE Daboll thread it sure ain't developing Josh Allen into a game manager type of QB.

Josh Allen's skills are throwing the ball down the field.

Creating a "scheme" for the players they got now makes no sense to me.

Evaluate the position coaches and players they have to see if any are "salvageable" for the future and go forward.

As for your other points in the post I think as the season goes on they will start Teller and others to see what they got.

I say the draft next year should be Round 1, Offensive Linemen; Round 2, Wide Receiver; R3, OL; R4 WR; R5 OL, R6 WR, Round 7, best player available. At this point for the rest of the year, I'd rather have our unproven wide receivers out there trying to make plays, then a Kelvin Benjamin out there, who just seems completely uninterested in the showing up on Sundays.

18 hours ago, vincec said:

White

Dawkins

Milano

Allen

Edmunds

Phillips

Johnson

From 2 drafts. White, Dawkins and Milano are solid starters. The other 4 are rookies that are contributing already. I'd say that's pretty good drafting.

White is a good player. Edmunds will probably become a good player.

The other guys are just starters because we don't have anyone better. None of them are difference makers at the NFL level. 

The Bills roster is presently devoid of talent. The players we're featuring at WR, on the OL, and as our depth at most positions on the depth chart is practice squad level type talent relative to other teams.

The current regime came in and got rid of most of our best players and have so far replaced them with much worse players. Their drafting and willingness to trade picks away for crappy veterans or to move up in the draft has left this roster lacking NFL calibre talent and the result is that we're one of the 2-3 worst teams in the league.

Nothing about this regime tells me they're going to be successful long term. They don't value draft picks, they don't seem to look for guys that traditional scouts miss, and for the most part they've added very little overall talent to this team over the past two years despite having had a boat load of draft picks and plenty of opportunities to do so. 

I suspect that a year from now the fans are going to be asking for change. 

5 hours ago, rodneykm said:

Its going to take more than just a year to get this team corrected after the last regime. 

That’s because they chose to have a completely new team. That’s a tough way to turn a franchise around, and one that probably takes longer than they will get. 

35 minutes ago, teef said:

@GunnerBill  here we are.

Haha. Yea I think that is an overreaction at this stage. If Allen fails this FO is gone. But 4 games is a bit soon to declare that a reality.

But that is the odd poster... and a Spurs fan at that... so one with proven poor judgment :D

Edited by GunnerBill

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Non-linear re-build plans can work but the last step is usually replacing the HC.

That may be the way this ultimately ends in a couple seasons as well.    Someone new inheriting a tight ship with a sound defense and some young offensive talent and high picks/cap room.

I hope not because I think McD is adequate in that HC role.......and like we found out with the criticism of Whaley......you can just as easily do worse(Beane).

It just eludes me why so many new Bills HC/GM's cripple their own chances of success by not finding a way to make the existing talent work.

It just doesnt seem like the plan they are following.....imho the plan seemed to be

Year 1.....getting rid of "non process" guys (they brought in some duds to be sure....but that was still the concept) get rid of big contracts.....biuld through the draft...accumulate draft picks

Year 2....get the qb....defense starts to take shape as they are obviously biulding (or attempting to) Carolina's defense.....eat the huge poo poo dead cap sandwich

Year 3 HOPEFULLY.....this will be a heavy offensive draft......hopefully there will be free agent players that will come here for the right amount of money......Josh Allen now has a year under his belt

I know ppl hate this plan...but this does seem to be the plan that they are following.   I dont think they ever expected to be in the playoffs in year 1 it was just a added bonus but it also hurt their draft position and we had to make aggressive moves to land Josh Allen (but did it without mortgaging any future which is a plus

• Like (+1) 1