WR Prospect talk

Dkollidas

59 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Yeah, for sure watch Reagor and your opinion will change.     He is probably a late 1st to 2nd round guy, but man is he explosive and he provides a team special teams ability as well.   He needs to get better in the blocking game, and he has inconsistent hands, but his catch radius for a smaller guy is impressive.   Reminds me a ton of Curtis Samuel.   He doesnt give a team much in terms of an X wideout, but he can play the Z and the Slot easily enough.   Runs smooth routes, releases really well at the LOS, great body control on contested catches, and is exceptional with the ball in his hands.  The thing I really loved about his speed which I find unique is its not just straight line I run the "9" really well speed.  Its both vertical and horizontal, he simply doesnt slow down when cutting.  Has the "cut on a dime" make guys miss speed.

On Lamb, I call him Mr. Consistent.   He does everything pretty well, just dont see him as elite.    The problem he may run into if he doesn't have the speed element at the next level is he may become a one dimensional possession guy.   He runs good routes, but he does get bumped easily when going across the middle because he is thin.    The difference between he and Brown is the latter is built like a mack truck, and is extremely physical.    

I didn't love Curtis Samuel as well so if that is the comp that probably explains why I'm not quite as sold. :D

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I am not a lover of him either. I know he is not popular here (not sure why... maybe it is the scars of Clemson draft picks past..... CJ, Sammy, Shaq....) but after the general consensus top 3 - CeeDee and the two 'Bama boys - Tee Higgins is the next name on my list. I caveat this with the fact that I have still got some work to do on the receivers.... I reserve the right to change my mind later!

I know it is boring and I don't like just giving the same boring consensus order that the talking heads seem to have but this year on the receiver class I think they have it right and I do think the top 4 is:

1A - Jeudy

1B - Lamb

3 - Ruggs

4 - Higgins

Right now, I have a top 3 of Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs. Then a big gap. The next group is, in order:

Jefferson

Aiyuk

Hamler

Reagor

Shenault

Then another gap before we get to the group of Higgins, T. Johnson, and a few others.

Some possible day 3 guys I like include:

John “Juice” Hightower

Jauan Jennings

Quartney Davis

Isaiah Hodgins

Edited by thebandit27
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Right now, I have a top 3 of Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs. Then a big gap. The next group is, in order:

Jefferson

Aiyuk

Hamler

Reagor

Shenault

Then another gap before we get to the group of Higgins, T. Johnson, and a few others.

Some possible day 3 guys I like include:

John “Juice” Hightower

Jauan Jennings

Quartney Davis

Isaiah Hodgins

So I agree there is a big gap after those 3. I think they are the only true first round grades I am likely to have at receiver unless someone blows me away on deeper dives into that next group. I do have Higgins ahead of everyone in your second group though. I think he is the best of the round 2 type guys.

19 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I'm starting to lock myself in on Ruggs as my 1a, Aiyuk as my 1b.  I want explosiveness and compete and those two have it in spades.

Right now, they’re my 3 and 5b, respectively. Between them I have Jefferson as 4 and Hamler as 5a.

I firmly believe that Hamler would be a top-10 pick if he were 3 inches taller.

26 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Right now, they’re my 3 and 5b, respectively. Between them I have Jefferson as 4 and Hamler as 5a.

I firmly believe that Hamler would be a top-10 pick if he were 3 inches taller.

I don't think the problem with Hamler is height, but that he is just so slight.

10 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Hamler is certainly extremely quick.  How fast do you expect him to run at the combine?

8 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

https://www.si.com/college/2019/10/01/penn-state-kj-hamler     Claims he ran a 4.28 at PSU, I question anyone being that fast so imagine he'll be sub 4.4 at the combine. 

I’ll call a 4.35 for KJ

I'll throw this here, I just put up a post in the Viska Shenault thread on the main board.  He's been diagnosed with osteitis pubis, which they're calling "good news" as he "doesn't need core muscle surgery"

I've been reading up on it, though, and it doesn't sound like good news to me.  But perhaps I'm overly cautious since it's what Listenbee had, and he never played for us.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'll throw this here, I just put up a post in the Viska Shenault thread on the main board.  He's been diagnosed with osteitis pubis, which they're calling "good news" as he "doesn't need core muscle surgery"

I've been reading up on it, though, and it doesn't sound like good news to me.  But perhaps I'm overly cautious since it's what Listenbee had, and he never played for us.

Just that name brings me out in a cold sweat. I'd have settled for Geronimo Allison there. I wanted Roby Anderson. I did not want Kolby freaking Listenbee.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think the problem compared to listenbee is that he wasn’t allowed to heal and it became an issue. If Shenault has been resting, it could become a non-issue.

The way they’ve handled guys like Gore and Lorenzo (age), along with Morse (concussions) and Brown (always seemed hurt before he got to Buffalo) and the money they’ve invested into their facilities... I’ve no doubt that they’ll know how much they want to risk on Shenault.

Also, if they don’t take Shenault, I wonder if Antonio Gibson could be a later round poor man’s version of Shenault. Almost exactly the same size. He’s explosive, has played all over the formation for Memphis, also not a premier school, and could be seen as a bigger version of what McKenzie does. Can also be a return man on special teams, so he could backup Roberts so we don’t have to put Micah Hyde out as a return man. 

Edited by Dkollidas

9 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

I think the problem compared to listenbee is that he wasn’t allowed to heal and it became an issue. If Shenault has been resting, it could become a non-issue.

The way they’ve handled guys like Gore and Lorenzo (age), along with Morse (concussions) and Brown (always seemed hurt before he got to Buffalo) and the money they’ve invested into their facilities... I’ve no doubt that they’ll know how much they want to risk on Shenault.

Also, if they don’t take Shenault, I wonder if Antonio Gibson could be a later round poor man’s version of Shenault. Almost exactly the same size. He’s explosive, has played all over the formation for Memphis, also not a premier school, and could be seen as a bigger version of what McKenzie does. Can also be a return man on special teams, so he could backup Roberts so we don’t have to put Micah Hyde out as a return man. 

I'm intrigued by Gordon..........he looked a little tentative running inside at the Senior Bowl...........but he is a potential matchup problem for defenses.

If he runs great at the combine or individual workout he could move up into middle rounds.

6 hours ago, njbuff said:

Man this is a DEEP DEEP draft for WR’s.

You can see multiple Pro Bowlers from the 4th round and beyond from this draft.

It really is. In 2017 I had 26 DBs in my top 100. In 2019 I had 29 DLine in my top 100. I can my top 100 this year having similar numbers of WRs. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.