I wonder if we could see this at New Era someday

Just Jack

THat works for baseball and hockey. Not football. The fans are too rowdy. There is already league rules in place about serving after certain points in the games. They wouldn’t allow that in their stadiums if umagine. At least not yet. Maybe a long while off. 

At least for beer. 

9 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Self serve concession lockers. Delaware North is one of the companies behind this....

https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/c-254081152

The team here has been crappy for a few years now, but every season they juice up the ballpark. More and more people go just to hang out due to cool innovations like this vs. actually watch the Reds.

7 hours ago, mrags said:

THat works for baseball and hockey. Not football. The fans are too rowdy. There is already league rules in place about serving after certain points in the games. They wouldn’t allow that in their stadiums if umagine. At least not yet. Maybe a long while off. 

At least for beer. 

My first thought after “hey that’s really good idea” is that it’ll be a really convenient way to stage beers for after the cutoff. The internet is going to break in the 5 minutes leading up to it. Order, take a leak, pick up food/beer. Makes a lot of sense. 

17 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

The team here has been crappy for a few years now, but every season they juice up the ballpark. More and more people go just to hang out due to cool innovations like this vs. actually watch the Reds.

This year, I’d rather wait in line than watch the reds starting pitching.

• Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

My first thought after “hey that’s really good idea” is that it’ll be a really convenient way to stage beers for after the cutoff. The internet is going to break in the 5 minutes leading up to it. Order, take a leak, pick up food/beer. Makes a lot of sense. 

They should add a urinal to slot #5 for $1.00 extra

Edited by Dat
  • Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Self serve concession lockers. Delaware North is one of the companies behind this....

https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/c-254081152

how does that work with checking your ID for alcohol purchases?

1 hour ago, Metal Man said:

I wasn't able to hear the sound on that video....

Did they mention how the alcohol sales worked as far as showing ID?

I had the same thought, and no they didn't.  They mentioned that you need to show ID, but then they showed the girl picking up her beers with just the QR code from her phone.

Eh, $13 for a giant can of Crap Lite, no thanks no matter how they try to serve it.

Went to get a ‘decent’ pint at the opener and the “lines for those aren’t working today”, in typical NeRF fashion. We eat plenty before and always have leftovers for postgame, so I never buy food inside the stadium either.

They have definitely stepped the selections up though, but I’m still not buying.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

how does that work with checking your ID for alcohol purchases?

I had the same thought, and no they didn't.  They mentioned that you need to show ID, but then they showed the girl picking up her beers with just the QR code from her phone.

Maybe it will be like the self check out lines where they have someone around the lockers that has to approve before the door will open on booze.

In any case it seems like a good idea or at least a step in the right direction. Anything new is worth a try to avoid the long lines at a lot of events/venues these days.

2 hours ago, BearNorth said:

Throwback to the 1940's and 1950's where they used to have the automat cafe.  This is the same with updated tech and higher prices.

those things look like they were pretty awesome!

I read somewhere that, during the Great Depression, a ton of homeless people used to hang out in the Automat cafeterias.

3 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Eh, $13 for a giant can of Crap Lite, no thanks no matter how they try to serve it.

Went to get a ‘decent’ pint at the opener and the “lines for those aren’t working today”, in typical NeRF fashion. We eat plenty before and always have leftovers for postgame, so I never buy food inside the stadium either.

They have definitely stepped the selections up though, but I’m still not buying.

I don't attend many games, but when I do go I like to have some beers and food beforehand.  The next four hours is a nice sobering up period before driving.  No DUI risk and economical.

Edited by BarleyNY