My Love/Hate Relationship with the Bills, Fans & Allen - Rant

BigDingus

For real...  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Based on actual evidence, and if your job actually depended on it, which would you take as a GM of an NFL team?

• Josh Allen & Tre White
    • Patrick Mahomes + 1st Round Pick in 2018 + 2nd Round Pick in 2018 + 2nd Round Pick in 2018

20 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

All of this to say you would take Mahomes, and you're neutral on Allen this year. You could've said that in one sentence. You're bewildered by the Bills fandom because they don't agree with you, think about that. 

Thank you, no way I was reading all that complaining. I guess this sums it up. It is what it is. 

• Like (+1) 1

So, the vast majority of fans are unable to look at events with any nuance,  are blissfully ignorant, are unable to hold reasonable conversations based on logic and evidence, are only interested in this forum being an "echo chamber" in which to have their biases confirmed, merely react to everything in a knee-jerk manner without any reason or fairness, follow the team blindly without any ability to see reality, and, generally, know very little about football - mostly because they do not share your opinions on various topics, primarily Allen and Mahomes?

Did I miss anything?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

So, the vast majority of fans are unable to look at events with any nuance,  are blissfully ignorant, are unable to hold reasonable conversations based on logic and evidence, are only interested in this forum being an "echo chamber" in which to have their biases confirmed, merely react to everything in a knee-jerk manner without any reason or fairness, follow the team blindly without any ability to see reality, and, generally, know very little about football - mostly because they do not share your opinions on various topics, primarily Allen and Mahomes?

Did I miss anything?

Maybe we missed on Mahommes like we missed on Brady and countless other players. The “what would you rather” 20/20 hindsight crowd gets tiresome. We have a team playing Sunday. I’ll be there and I’ll be jacked. You win some, you lose some in the draft. I believe in the overall direction of this team. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

BD, Mahomes has played 3 games. Talk about knee jerk reaction.

Before anointing him the next great one let’s see what happens down the road. People were anointing Watson last year,not so much this year.  

When NFL teams figure a QB out it is then when you see what they really are.

I didn’t take the poll you allude to but I’m happy with our pick and Tre White. Lastly, coaches make a big difference,having good players around you really helps. The playing field isn’t level between Mahomes and Allen yet so let’s wait a couple years before the “I told you so” posts.

We nor you have no clue what Mahomes would be here on our team. We do know about Tre White and are learning of Allen.

Yes, many fans haven’t a clue what a good QB looks like and fans are biased, just as you are with your take,as you seem to need to be correct.

Edited by dlonce

I agree like most Mahomes has put up monster numbers so far.... But it's crazy to me how many people are going off of three games to proclaim him the next longterm stud. Its been three games, and they have been in shoot outs, and he has Kelce, Watkins, Hill and Hunt as big play potentials to throw to.

Edited by PolishPrince

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Maybe we missed on Mahommes like we missed on Brady and countless other players. The “what would you rather” 20/20 hindsight crowd gets tiresome. We have a team playing Sunday. I’ll be there and I’ll be jacked. You win some, you lose some in the draft. I believe in the overall direction of this team. 

Amen, brother. I never understood the fixation. 

It's tough to say how Mahomes would play had we drafted him here. The chiefs have a far better offensive supporting cast, and Andy Reid, who I'm willing to call an amazing offensive mind. QBs, OCs, players come and go but he is pretty consistent in what he puts out on the field. It's early with Dabol, but I don't see our offensive staff either year comparing favorably to KC.

I just think Mahomes landed in a great place for him. He does look good though.

This assumes they would have drafted Mahomes. Rumor was Whaley was beating the drum for Watson.

Look at all the due diligence that McDermott and Beane did vetting QBs this offseason. I don’t think there was any way McDermott wanted to draft a franchise QB that Whaley had anything at all to do with.

Also, he still had to figure out what he had in Tyrod.

I don’t think the hindsight Mahomes plus the picks spent in trades is as straightforward of a real world scenario as you’re making it out to be. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Augie said:

I get your point but the Mahomes success is different because they basically traded him to the Chiefs when they had no long-term answer at quarterback. 

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

And that's the problem, the former has become the exception, while the latter has become the norm. All offseason I was blasted for simply pointing out how bad the O-line is setup. I predicted the offense was going to struggle because of that + the WR group we have. I was refuted by saying our WR's are going to be better than last year (based on nothing), our O-line improved (based on nothing...actually people said the losses would be the source of the improvement), and that young QB's don't need a veteran QB, as it's unimportant (though every year those young QB's, experts, coaches, etc. all tell us the exact opposite). The reasoning behind this is simple - Fans, more than ever, isolate themselves & decide ignorance is bliss, and that each year the team is going in the right direction. 

The fact that the Mahomes vs Allen thread is lopsided in Allen's favor is insane enough. Mahomes, the guy who is destroying NFL records in his first career starts, is getting skipped on by the guy who has never done anything in his HS, Junior College, or College career, and had 1 above average NFL game....

But yes, let's take Allen & Tre White over Mahomes + 1st round pick in 2018 + 2nd round pick in 2018 + another 2nd round pick in 2018 -_- (funny how that thread left out the other picks)

Mahomes looked like a stud at every level of the game. In college, yes, he played in a spread offense. But so what? How many other Texas Tech QB's were in spread offenses and either went undrafted, or were drafted late as practice squad filler? Mahomes separated himself for a reason.

*Mahomes threw for 4,653 yards & 36 TD's compared to 15 INT's, with 63.5% completions in his sophomore year

*Mahomes threw for 5,052 yards & 41 TD's compared to  10 INT's, with 65.7% completions in his junior year (an obvious improvement in every area)

*Allen threw for 3,203 yards & 28 TD's compared to 15 INT's, with 56.0% completions his junior year

*Allen threw for 1,812 yards & 16 TD's compared to 6 INT's, with 56.3% completions his senior year (missed 2 games, but that doesn't account for such a substantial drop off)

*Mahomes was such a prolific passer, he set the single-game FBS passing record with 734 yards against Oklahoma (you know, an actual good school), and set the FBS record for total yards with 819 (not to mention 7 TD passes in that game)

*Mahomes is only the 3rd QB in college football history to have over 5,000 yards of total offense in more than one season
*Mahomes lead the country in yards per game, total yards, and total TD's his junior year.

*Mahomes is the youngest QB to throw for 6 TD's in a game in the NFL

*Mahomes has thrown the most TD passes through the first 3 games of a season in NFL history, which also set the NFL record for most through first 3 career games.

But Allen, man....he could POTENTIALLY be good, he could POSSIBLY put up numbers even close to that one day, he MIGHT become a franchise QB one day, and he didn't do anything notable in college...but hey, why take someone we've seen be great on the field when we have someone that MIGHT be good one day? Why take $1,000,000 in cash up front when we could throw it down in Vegas and hope to get $10,000,000?! I mean, that would be the logical thing to do right?

OK, in bold you have completely gone off the rails... first, you say that you were right our O-line wasn't as good and our WRs weren't as good.

Then, you wonder WHY Bills fans pick Allen over Mahomes.

Let me see...... who does Kansas City have as their O-line and WRs?? Ohh, that's right, they are set up with some really good talent in both areas.

So, when you spout off questioning WHY we like Allen over Mahomes, just look at what Allen did jumping into the start, with weak O-line and weak WRs, without the sitting out a full year that Mahomes did behind Alex Smith.

What are we going to give Allen in Year 2 NEXT season with all that cap space like the Chiefs gave Mahomes in Year 2? We DON'T KNOW YET, so stop comparing Mahomes to Allen.

So please, before you criticize Bills fans, correct your own deficiencies. Please.

• Like (+1) 1

Hmmm.....yeah, that seems like a fair poll. And nothing disproves your post more than its length. Nothing more interesting than 37 paragraphs of hindsight. I especially like your "support" of Allen, you think he stinks and that he has always stunk and that being good is something he has never been.....but....you support him. Try that when your child applies to Harvard. "Look honey, you are an idiot, you have always been an idiot and getting in to Harvard would be the first time ever in your life that you weren't an idiot but don't worry honey, I support you!"

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Chemical said:

I get your point but the Mahomes success is different because they basically traded him to the Chiefs when they had no long-term answer at quarterback. 

Sure, that brings it one degree closer, I get it. But we still don’t know what we have, and it’s certainly NOT an even playing field. Mahommes has a year under Alex Smith and Andy Reid to sit and learn, and he’s LOADED with weapons. Josh? Not so much...just thrown into the fire to fend for himself without the learning experience or the amazing targets. 

The draft is a crap shoot, and teams fail more often than not. If Josh works out, we’re set for 15+ years, and I’m all good with that. 

5 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

OK, in bold you have completely gone off the rails... first, you say that you were right our O-line wasn't as good and our WRs weren't as good.

Then, you wonder WHY Bills fans pick Allen over Mahomes.

Let me see...... who does Kansas City have as their O-line and WRs?? Ohh, that's right, they are set up with some really good talent in both areas.

So, when you spout off questioning WHY we like Allen over Mahomes, just look at what Allen did jumping into the start, with weak O-line and weak WRs, without the sitting out a full year that Mahomes did behind Alex Smith.

What are we going to give Allen in Year 2 NEXT season with all that cap space like the Chiefs gave Mahomes in Year 2? We DON'T KNOW YET, so stop comparing Mahomes to Allen.

So please, before you criticize Bills fans, correct your own deficiencies. Please.

You, sir, are an overachiever! If only for reading all that, which is more than I did.