James Harrison encourages Bell to fake injury

Dablitzkrieg

9 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Won’t happen.     Unlike Kaepernick Bell has value.  

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I have been told multiple times when Bills players hold out they are exercising their right.

So why should he be blackballed?

Teddy - Bell absolutely has value - but not nearly as much as he seems to think (although, some dumbass GM will overpay a RB); similar to Kaep - who thinks he's a plugin starter (which he is not).

Limeaid - I hate it when Bills players (Byrd, Watkins) feign injury for personal gain, too.  Players like that don't belong on a professional football team.  I understand holding out for some players.  Pretending to be hurt to save oneself for another team whilst getting paid by the team(mates) they're !@#$ing over is a completely different thing.

44 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I have been told multiple times when Bills players hold out they are exercising their right.

So why should he be blackballed?

Every situation should be viewed on its own merits.  Generally speaking, players need to stand up for themselves and I typically support them.  I don't think that's what Bell is doing any more.

• Like (+1) 1

I think Bell is a diva and kinda a douche, but I also understand his side of things- The franchise tag seems like the most unfair "agreement" in the free market world. Not sure how anyone ever thought that was a good idea.

So while I usually do not agree with holdouts (I didn't care For Mack's holdout), I definitely don't approve of the franchise tag. The Steelers were stupid in their whole handling of this and this, plus the implosion that is waiting just beneath the surface (which a win against a mediocre bucs team does not cure) are going to make this once great franchise look silly. 

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

Interesting if Bell signs by week 10....also interesting to see if Steelers drop the tag...going to lose him anyway and save on salary....and do they want him to play this season

Better to get a 3-4th round pick for him than just drop him. I would think that some team would throw something their way for him. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I think Bell is a diva and kinda a douche, but I also understand his side of things- The franchise tag seems like the most unfair "agreement" in the free market world. Not sure how anyone ever thought that was a good idea.

So while I usually do not agree with holdouts (I didn't care For Mack's holdout), I definitely don't approve of the franchise tag. The Steelers were stupid in their whole handling of this and this, plus the implosion that is waiting just beneath the surface (which a win against a mediocre bucs team does not cure) are going to make this once great franchise look silly. 

Better to get a 3-4th round pick for him than just drop him. I would think that some team would throw something their way for him. 

Yeah, I agree.....waiting game now

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

The players union agreed to it.  I am sure NFL would erase that but they would want something else like lower percentage.

NFL should insist in next contract for every holdout percentage goes down - then players would be seen hurting other players.

Good luck with that. We'll have a lockout for sure. 

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Bell is all drama. stay away from him. This is what e is doing with his time now. Not playing football or training. 

So he should be training 24/7?

He isn't allowed to "play football" in regards to the NFL.

He cannot have contact with teams other than Steelers front office.

He can't be practicing with players.

He probably can't even go solicit and play arena or something.

He's a contractual employee of the NFL, specifically the Steelers, and is currently on strike from his employer, for lack of better words.

I guarantee there is verbage dictating what he can and cannot do while holding out.

So he went and had a vacation, guess what!?

That's not drama.

Everything else is drama, but it's not so caused by him.

9 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Agreed with everything you said.

Edited by SouthNYfan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1