Amazon TNF Crew

/dev/null

Great, nothing I like more than being nagged for 3 hours while watching football.

In all seriousness, women football fanatics come across as phony to me. I think it is because when us guys were little we would dream of playing in the NFL. When we watch as grown men, we live vicariously through these players.

I don’t believe these chicks ever dreamed of playing in the NFL, nor do I think they have a true appreciation for how incredible these athletes are.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that in a good announcer there is this underlying deep, lifelong love of the sport. Most female fans I’ve encountered come across as though they are fans because they want to gain daddy’s or some guy’s approval. 

• Like (+1) 2

Is this really drawing in interest?  I have watch 2.5 quarters of NFL football this year.  I watched half of the first quarter of the Ravens game and left the Chargers game at halftime to drive home. The NFL is now a **** tier product hell bent on castrating itself.  I chose to drive 10 hours home instead of stay for the game after having driven up just 12 hours before.

The NFL is at saturation point.  This is trying to draw last remaining factions in and it'll work for 5 minutes then fade out.

• Like (+1) 1

I'd love for them to nail it.

Tony Romo has shown that some people just have "it," when it comes to announcing.  Kind of like how Rex and that chick with a dick showed that some definitely do NOT have "it."

Looking forward to seeing how Kramer and Storm do.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'd love for them to nail it.

Tony Romo has shown that some people just have "it," when it comes to announcing.  Kind of like how Rex and that chick with a dick showed that some definitely do NOT have "it."

Looking forward to seeing how Kramer and Storm do.

Me too. Particularly Kramer. As I said above I have always appreciated her ability as a broadcast journalist. Intrigued to see if that carried across to the booth. 

Is this thread for real?  Andrea Kremer and Hannah Storm are about as accomplished as any women, ever, in sports broadcasting and reporting.  Kremer was an ESPN NFL reporter in the early 90s for crying out loud, and Storm has a gazillion sports broadcasting credits on her resume.

The misogyny of sports fans needs to end. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, PeterDude said:

What is with this all female crap lately?  Ghostbusters, Oceans 8, the next Terminator film, Captain Marvel... All female announcers for a game that is 100% men.  WTF is going on? 

Have you listened to the current MNF crew.....they have to be among the worst ever....Both Kramer and Storm are experienced sports broadcasters. I'm sure they'll do fine. 

1 hour ago, Troll Toll said:

Great, nothing I like more than being nagged for 3 hours while watching football.

In all seriousness, women football fanatics come across as phony to me. I think it is because when us guys were little we would dream of playing in the NFL. When we watch as grown men, we live vicariously through these players.

I don’t believe these chicks ever dreamed of playing in the NFL, nor do I think they have a true appreciation for how incredible these athletes are.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that in a good announcer there is this underlying deep, lifelong love of the sport. Most female fans I’ve encountered come across as though they are fans because they want to gain daddy’s or some guy’s approval. 

Well, your user name pretty much says all that's needed to be said about this post....

8 hours ago, mykidsdad said:

To prove I'm not sexist, I think an all female national broadcast team will be just as bad as an all male national broadcast team. And I'm all for equal pay for equal terrible.

Did everyone hear Nance mispronounce Groy's name on Sunday? I mean these people have one gsme to call all week! Know players' names! Study a little! Have something a little special to say that hasn't been said over and over again! Thank God for Tony Romo. He's been a little bit of a breath of fresh air.

Lately, I feel like every game I watch is like playing Madden with the same rehashed calls playing again and again! All of these "he's a competitor," "he wants to win," and "he's a playmaker," need to stop. Give me something interesting, insightful, or at least not totally useless.

This is exactly why I Love Me Some Romo.  He puts in the grind, he not only knows names it seems he prepares watching film on both teams like he's still the QB so he knows their tendencies.  Loves the game, student of the game.  Doesn't offer unique insights to expert ex-ballers?  Pfffft that's not most of the audience, that's not the announcer's job since most of the audience watches on a lower level.  But he offers more football insight than pretty much any other announcer I've heard.  As you say they're all 'trite city'

10 hours ago, CowgirlsFan said:

Only time I wish I had Amazon Prime.

This should be fun. I have no problem with either one. I do think Andrea Kramer will do well because she has been involved with the NFL. I believe  she was honored in Canton in August. Perhaps she was the grand Marshal of the parade.

I think you can get a free 30 day trial and then cancel.  Or if you know a college student and can borrow their name, they get 6 months Prime free.

I honestly had no idea about Amazon Prime simulcasting games.  I'm guessing I'm not alone.  Here's a link that explains it:  https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/amazon-to-feature-nfls-first-all-female-broadcast-team-on-thursday-night-football

Amazon Prime viewers can watch on Amazon Prime and have the option to listen to Aikman/Buck; Kremeer/Storm; a Spanish feed or a UK feed.

I'm definitely going to give it a whirl to see how Kremer/Storm do.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, mykidsdad said:

To prove I'm not sexist, I think an all female national broadcast team will be just as bad as an all male national broadcast team. And I'm all for equal pay for equal terrible.

Did everyone hear Nance mispronounce Groy's name on Sunday? I mean these people have one gsme to call all week! Know players' names! Study a little! Have something a little special to say that hasn't been said over and over again! Thank God for Tony Romo. He's been a little bit of a breath of fresh air.

Lately, I feel like every game I watch is like playing Madden with the same rehashed calls playing again and again! All of these "he's a competitor," "he wants to win," and "he's a playmaker," need to stop. Give me something interesting, insightful, or at least not totally useless.

Yeah and he corrected it a few seconds later. He missed a letter. Big deal

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I honestly had no idea about Amazon Prime simulcasting games.  I'm guessing I'm not alone.  Here's a link that explains it:  https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/amazon-to-feature-nfls-first-all-female-broadcast-team-on-thursday-night-football

Amazon Prime viewers can watch on Amazon Prime and have the option to listen to Aikman/Buck; Kremeer/Storm; a Spanish feed or a UK feed.

I'm definitely going to give it a whirl to see how Kremer/Storm do.

Aikman and Buck are one of my favorite teams. Both are pros and do a good job. I'll tune into Kreamer/Storm tho.  Like amny have said, most announcing sucks, why not try something different. Both women are extremely qualified to do this and I'm sure they will do a great job

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I guarantee he does not know how silly that sounds, and if challenged there are numerous echo chambers on the internet that he can slither back to to reinforce his ideas.

You must be right

If you offered me odds on that as a bet, no way would I take it.

It just bums me out, y'know? I got a 50 yr old friend, MechE, 28 yrs experience on successful HVAC projects, all scopes.  Says every job site she walks on, she has to prove herself.  Every. Single. One.  After 28 years, often to dudes whose ink on their college diplomas is barely dry - and who are assumed to know what they're doing.  I got a kid, daughter, studying engineering.  I thought we were bringing her into a different world.  Guess I'm wrong.  OK, glimpse of the inner Hapless shut off, Peace Out.

• Like (+1) 5