The Ryan Fitzpatrick Cycle

PlayoffsPlease

It is hysterical here in Orlando, everyone is so psyched about him and what he can do! I'm like wait a minute I've seen this movie and can tell how it ends...... in a so close but yet so far scenario! 

Now I do love his what the hell throw it mentality but the results unfortunately are predetermined by fate!

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I think one thing you might be neglecting to mention is that guys like Fitz - a fifteen year veteran - get better over time because they can see everything in a way they couldn't before. McCown, DeBerg, Boomer Esiason, Kurt Warner - they are all guys who made plays they weren't seeing before (I realize that Warner and Esiason were good early in their careers; I'm referring to new things they were able to do at the end of their careers). DeBerg lasted forever and wasn't good through the late 1970s/early 1980s, but in 1990 and 1991 the Chiefes were 11-5 and 10-5 with him at the helm. Fitz will never be great for reasons we know all too well, but it's certainly a plausible idea that he is a better player than he was five years ago. He was quite good in 2015 (31 TDs and 15 INTs), so it's not like he hasn't performed before.  He certainly has the skill players to put up numbers.

As for the picks, all good QBs throw picks. They're always gonna happen with QBs who like to sling it. 

That's a fair enough assessment. I can't refute it. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I personally think he's the same guy he was here. If Tampa wants to keep trotting him out, go 7-9, have questions about Winston going into his 5th year option, go for it.

I just feel like I know fitz. He's a great guy and he'll make some plays. I believed he was the guy once, i just would never do that again.

Last nights game reminded of many Fitz games when he was at the Bills.  Threw for a ton of yards.  Made some great plays. Had some drops.  Had the guys fired up.  When he needed a little help from the D he got nothing.  Then when he had his big chance at the end he came up short.  This game especially reminded me of the game vs the Titans at the Ralph in 2012 when we lost 35-34.

18 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

That's a fair enough assessment. I can't refute it. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I personally think he's the same guy he was here. If Tampa wants to keep trotting him out, go 7-9, have questions about Winston going into his 5th year option, go for it.

I just feel like I know fitz. He's a great guy and he'll make some plays. I believed he was the guy once, i just would never do that again.

You may well be right! We shall see.

18 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Two reasons this makes sense:

1. Fitz is playing pretty well, in spite of the picks Monday night. Had the receivers made a few easy catches, they may have won that game.

2. They're sending Winston a message: you have to earn the right to start again. Take nothing for granted.

remember --the fitzy legend started in cincinnati----where he had a few monster games.i thought we stole him at first. then i saw the arm weakness.I have seen 13 yr olds with stronger arms.--and the penchant for throwing numbskull pics.

But I still love the beard,the man,the effort,the toughness,the unpredictability.

16 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

i hope he kicks their butt all by himself

On 9/26/2018 at 8:33 AM, jr1 said:

it's better optics if Fitz starts with the whole #metoo thing

and Rothleisberger....thats the big ben exception

On 9/25/2018 at 7:35 AM, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Still looks better than tyrod. Too bad there is no d in Tampa 

Tampa actually did invest a lot of their draft picks and free agency dollars into their defense this past off-season. Surprised they haven't at least looked competent. 

On 9/26/2018 at 11:07 AM, WhoTom said:

Two reasons this makes sense:

1. Fitz is playing pretty well, in spite of the picks Monday night. Had the receivers made a few easy catches, they may have won that game.

2. They're sending Winston a message: you have to earn the right to start again. Take nothing for granted.

Winston pretty much sucks.  He is a swing and a whiff.  

We all know Fitz isn't the long term solution either, so TB will be looking for a QB soon enough.