Sign in to follow this  
PlayoffsPlease

The Ryan Fitzpatrick Cycle

There should be something in there about his beard also

1 minute ago, bmur66 said:

Grows playoff beard, doesn't make playoffs. ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Saw this last week after his second big game.

It's so true.

10 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Grows playoff beard, doesn't make playoffs. ???

His playoffs are the yearly QB competition he's in.

That's how they draw it up at Harvard Business School. CEOs do pretty much the same thing.

• Haha 2

He has his faults, no doubt.  But I dig the beard thing.

Fitz is great. The picks come from his Zero-F##ks-Given style. It's high risk/high reward. He's the ultimate "trust your receivers" guy.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Fitz is great. The picks come from his Zero-F##ks-Given style. It's high risk/high reward. He's the ultimate "trust your receivers" guy.

His erratic accuracy, erratic decision making, and borderline arm strength play a pretty big role in the picks as well. 

• Like 3

I love Fitz.  He has the ultimate gunslinger mentality - but not the arm to match.  I could not believe the rainbows he was hurling up last night.  But he has courage and competes to the end.  Love him - game is better for him.  If he had Cutler's arm he would first ballot HOF.

Good stuff. It kinda looks more like Roethlisberger with a beard than Fitzy though. 

Owns the record for 3 games with 400+yds passing now. All he has to do is chill a bit on some of his throws and protect the ball with the Bucs. Like the throw he bonked off dudes helmet trying to throw straight through him in the redzone was not needed at all.

If you could only mold Fitzy and Tyrod into one QB sky would be the limit.

Edited by Real McCoy

Gotta love the guy, but Fitzmagic to Fitztragic.  He just can't keep it together for long.

3 hours ago, bmur66 said:

and Harvard.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Promo, even in the first half I couldn't believe some of the throws he made.

Watching from over his shoulder from the skycam on some plays I couldn't help but wonder how does even see the guy being open?

You're right.  He doesn't sometimes.  He trusted his guys.

Very tangentially, what do you think is going on in the back of Allen's mind when his "Number 1" receiver can't catch balls either when he is being contested by a puny DB or is wide open?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

9 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Promo, even in the first half I couldn't believe some of the throws he made.

Watching from over his shoulder from the skycam on some plays I couldn't help but wonder how does even see the guy being open?

You're right.  He doesn't sometimes.  He trusted his guys.

Very tangentially, what do you think is going on in the back of Allen's mind when his "Number 1" receiver can't catch balls either when he is being contested by a puny DB or is wide open?

A lot easier to trust Mike Evans than anyone in the Bills WR corps.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Maybe Allen can learn to play the bank off of Benjamin’s chest in order to get the ball to an otherwise covered receiver who could reliably catch it... a plan which unfortunately assumes that such a player currently exists on the Bills. 

• Haha 1

If there's a cycle to Fitz, it's one where after a few good games he (and the coaching staff) think he's capable of carrying the team on his back--and proceed to try and let him do so.   It never works, due to his arm limitations.   

We saw it again last night.  The TB offensive line was terrible at protecting him, his receivers (aside from Evans) were letting him down, the score was getting out of hand and he tried to overcompensate for that, which led to all the INTs and ultimate failure.

He does excel inside a structured offense with good support from the defense.   He'll win again in the future, but the wheels have to stay on the car--just like they do for most QBs not named Brady, Rogers or a few of the up-and-coming kids...

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

Yes I know Br*dy does not need wheels on car, he cheats.

Saying his arm is weak is very weak.  He has some control issues with long passes but he can still sling them long distances. 

Quick which QB has record for longest reception for Buffalo?

Hope Josh has more control but with our WRs it is hard to tell if he threw to wrong spot or WR was in wrong spot.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Saw this, made me laugh.  I wish him well in Tampa. 

Dn5z-7wUcAA5FDg.jpg:large

I know TB fans were buying into the mystery.  It is all exposed right here.