Yeah I would worry now about the $5K

43 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He was hear just before game time starting a thread about whether Murphy is over or underrated as a broadcaster.  Got 18 other peeps to vote in his poll.

Ah must have missed that one. Hasn't been here since though lol. Or at least I haven't noticed. If he'd have won though I'd see his name pop up all over the place I bet.

3 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

Hey, let's start a "GoFundMe" to help this guy out.....

Nah!

lol...lets give in 17 cent increments. For the 17 point spread.

yeah....nah......lol

3 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

I hope he could afford to lose it. 

I hope he could afford to lose his wife.

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

Don't laugh too much, this is a terrible day in a fellow fans life.

Dumb move yes.

Human being, yes. His life just got a lot more complicated.

I wish he had asked some people here before placing the bet. Never take a team 90% of pundits like, or a 15+ spread in the pros.

BuffaloRush made a non betters mistake. Many of us have been there, and it can be devastating.

its not a bad day if he is wealthy and the money is inconsequential to him.  If it was a meaningful sum of money in his life then he is just stupid.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

One of the blessings from liking the Bills since the mid 80’s - I experienced like many the pain of the Super Bowl loses - but it did teach me to never bet after the loss to the Redskins-I had to shave my head( Its still shaves to this day). It’s not 5 grand but it still Taught me  your always going to be too high or low on a team you follow. To this day I don’t bet at all

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mattynh said:

its not a bad day if he is wealthy and the money is inconsequential to him.  If it was a meaningful sum of money in his life then he is just stupid.

He already noted he is not. This would be a major loss.

there are some real hyenas on this board.

I have been a gambler, of various Sports, for about 50 years- especially the NFL (the game made for gambling) and of course- the Bills. I know every angle of NFL betting, especially on the Net and the use of the word 'arbitrage',  which I used for a syndicate in the early millennium.

However, for myself, I have never bet 5 large on a single game!

Never.

And, given the likely financial situation of this poor Basterd- would never have considered it!

Even though, today I CAN afford it, since I day trade stock and took a hit on Wednesday, greater than the 5k. Followed by, a win on Thursday of greater than 3k. Since, I am up in 5 figure, these ups & downs don't cause me to lose any sleep.

Only fools, waifs or addicts make those plays, if they can't afford to kiss them goodbye- without an iota of regret. The entire thread should give many pause, not to follow in his footsteps.

Enjoy the Bills and the games and if you must, place a token wager for interest and shites and Beer money giggles- only!