Shady McCoy rib injury - Practicing (limited) on Wednesday

YoloinOhio

Plus the last thing you want is to make them worse and puncture a lung... then ICU beckons and a chest tube is usually inserted to drain fluid and keep lung inflated... no fun having a deflated lung... jokes to follow...

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

I don’t see how he could play with fractured ribs. I fractured 3 ribs playing hockey, and for the first week I had to sleep in a chair because laying down hurt too much. It was painful just sitting down and standing up.  It took over a month until it felt good enough to play again, and they were still sore.

I think they need to hold him out a few weeks and let Murphy and Ivory run with it. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, COTC said:

As respect for our coach dwindles, injuries (silent protests), esp. from Vets will become much more common...

I have always looked at mutiny as a good way of finding out who your enemies are and who you can really count on as a friend! I feel that Mcd has plenty of support in the locker room. That coaching job he did last year to end up in the playoffs bought him that!

11 hours ago, COTC said:

As respect for our coach dwindles, injuries (silent protests), esp. from Vets will become much more common...

That may be true, that may not be true, but ribs are a hella painful injury and they've already said he's trying to play through it.

And it can't be denied that our D sucked it up and played much better in the 2nd half, which doesn't fit your theory.

1 hour ago, PastaJoe said:

I don’t see how he could play with fractured ribs. I fractured 3 ribs playing hockey, and for the first week I had to sleep in a chair because laying down hurt too much. It was painful just sitting down and standing up.  It took over a month until it felt good enough to play again, and they were still sore.

Frankly, the coaches should just sit him for 2 weeks and let it heal.

Remember when Fitz tried to play through broken ribs?  He didn't exactly help the team for the next 2-3 games.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That may be true, that may not be true, but ribs are a hella painful injury and they've already said he's trying to play through it.

And it can't be denied that our D sucked it up and played much better in the 2nd half, which doesn't fit your theory.

I am not sure whether to attribute the play of the D in the second half to performing better or to the Chargers already having the game in hand . . . . 

We will see how well the D plays against the Vikings at the beginning of the game when it is still close.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Remember when Fitz tried to play through broken ribs?  He didn't exactly help the team for the next 2-3 games.

Give Murphy a better look too --- he has not looked all that bad

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I agree with this. It makes sense.

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Even if he sits for 2 weeks, that injury will be lingering for months...

Should have traded him in the offseason (before the Delicia crap), now it's too late, damaged both on and off the field.