Did Vontae Davis retire at halftime? Yes, yes he did!

YoloinOhio

42 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

Yes. And I would never criticize a player for doing what is best for himself.

He did not communicate a thing to the coaches because McD said after the game that  "he took himself out"  McD did not know why.

I would criticize him all day long for quitting.  Even if he did not want to play for whatever reason why not come out and be with the team?  If he is injured that is one thing but if he was injured McD did not know about it. 

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I have been very much in the minority my I’m blaming anything for off-season moves but if Vontaze knee was this bad I think being does deserve some blame

It is stunning. 

We have seen some historic things with this franchise.  

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

So why did beane value this guy over ej Gaines again? 

Probably thought Gaines was going to get super paid more so than what he was. I didn't hate the Vonta signing, but once the market on Gaines cooled they should have been more aggressive in signing him. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

Orton said “hey be right back” and then left the building without telling anyone and never came back. Whatever he did, it was noteworthy.

He went on a bender obviously. Black out called Whaley to retire. And when he sobered up.. was okay with that series of events.

Forget the GM, and coach.. the signing was a one year rental regardless if he came to pro bowl form or not.

However it’s dirty to quit on your team. Those dudes you been busting ass with all summer and to just bail on all of them is a coward move.

hurt or concerned for health whatever, take yourself out sit the sideline and retire after the game. During halftime is just a coward move 

Just now, Rc2catch said:

Forget the GM, and coach.. the signing was a one year rental regardless if he came to pro bowl form or not.

However it’s dirty to quit on your team. Those dudes you been busting ass with all summer and to just bail on all of them is a coward move.

hurt or concerned for health whatever, take yourself out sit the sideline and retire after the game. During halftime is just a coward move 

It is all part of the purported "culture" change that we we keep on hearing about . . . oh, wait, never mind.

Just now, twist_to_open said:

That's the type of high character free agent veteran locker presence the process is all about!

All part of McBeane's supposed "culture" change.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Plus, he finished out the season.  This cupcake didn’t finish the game.

That is a huge difference.  I did not like how Orton did it, but, at least, he finished the season.