Josh Gordon to be released-now traded to PATS

Kirby Jackson

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You don’t trade for a player who is released.

But exactly how many Brown reject reclamation project WR do you think the Bills need to distract themselves with, and why?

Someone is likely going to trade for him if five teams immediately called to ask about him. It surely won't be much, but the Browns will probably get something.

Edited by Kelly the Dog
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

But exactly how many Brown reject reclamation project WR do you think the Bills need to distract themselves with, and why?

Word is they were releasing him Monday, giving teams the opportunity to trade for him.

He becomes a full fledged FA, available to highest bidder/his choice, since he's been in the league long enough that he won't go to waivers from what I read.

A trade means you have him under control at minimum salary until the end of the season, and his rights can be tendered with and of the tags at that point.

I'm not advocating to trade for him, just saying that's why teams would.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What?  Of course you do - then you're the team that gets him.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

Apparently, you don't care.

I care but I have admitted before I have a soft spot for Gordon.  He just seems like too good of a young man to be doing this.  I don't see him as a hopeless case, I guess is what it boils down to for me.  

Just now, White Linen said:

I care but I have admitted before I have a soft spot for Gordon.  He just seems like too good of a young man to be doing this.  I don't see him as a hopeless case, I guess is what it boils down to for me.  

What about his history over the past five years gives you THAT impression?

:blink:

Lets just say they trade for him and give up  4th or 5th rounder.  He comes in stays out of trouble and plays well.  Then what?   Who is going to ink that guy to any long term contract with guaranteed money. How are you going to trust he can stay out of trouble?  I love the talent but what kind of contract do you draw up to protect yourself?

I get folks wanting talent like maggots on poop, but wasnt Coleman enough? I personally dont let it get me bent out of shape, but all the arm chair qbs who called that a waste after the fact as well as the national media who got a laugh out of it would be all over this too. Cutting off the nose to spite the face imo. That said i guess its pretty easy to flip flop after if it didnt work out lol

3 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

The biggest surprise, literally EVER.

Apparently, you don't care.

I run it thru my only question I ask this year. 

Does this player Help Josh Allen?

they answer is yes. So therefore I am in on signing him. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

100% need to put in a waiver claim. 

Robert Foster isn't an NFL calibre player and Josh Gordon would represent a real threat defenses have to scheme for. He's an elite deep threat who Josh Allen would thrive at throwing the ball to. 

See my post a couple above yours

He will not go to waivers

He is an unrestricted FA if they cut him

Just now, joesixpack said:

Well, that and he lacks any semblance of character, amirite?

:lol:

Sure it would tell me that the coaching staff does see talent over a bunch of Kieth Ellisons. 

Then again I would have brought in Bryant as well once he was cut (as he is still not suspended from what I think).