We are getting killed on espn

Just now, TheTruthHurts said:

Hopefully Josh Allen can change that perception. 

I'm not confident in our Oline and Receivers, but hopefully Josh proves he's the future.

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

As you noted, deserve it. Dont like it turn it off.

Really ?? THANKS !!!!

ESPN is just fine if they are televising a live sporting event that I want to watch.

Other than that, there is no reason to ever go to the channel.

NFL network is better if you just want to have some general football stuff on in the background while you do something else.

I often leave the TV on at tuned to NFL network; it's better than ESPN and they have a variety of attractive women on the channel as well.  LOL.

:w00t:

1 minute ago, Pete said:

If you weren't a Bills fan, you would laugh at us too.  The only way to change perception is to change output.  If we start winning championships- who is laughing then?

This is sort of why I don't like to see Bills fans poking fun at the Cleveland Browns organization.

Doing that is effectively laughing at yourself, and not in a good or healthy way.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

They counted how many time McDermott said “the right move” on sportscenter this morning during his press conference. I think it was 15 times

In his recent PCs, particularly the one where he announced Allen as the starter for Sunday, he came across like a not very good political candidate on the campaign trail. 

He had clearly been schooled on what to say and how to approach the media, and was given catch phrases to memorize and say at the PC rather than try to speak in a genuine, live manner.

He kept going back to his memorized check list of comments over and over again, and he's not smart or smooth enough to sell what he is doing.  It's embarrassing.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Fadingpain said:

In his recent PCs, particularly the one where he announced Allen as the starter for Sunday, he came across like a not very good political candidate on the campaign trail. 

He had clearly been schooled on what to say and how to approach the media, and was given catch phrases to memorize and say at the PC rather than try to speak in a genuine, live manner.

He kept going back to his memorized check list of comments over and over again, and he's not smart or smooth enough to sell what he is doing.  It's embarrassing.

I think the checklist he was using, he came up with himself, he wasn't schooled by anyone.  That's why it came off so badly.

1 minute ago, TheTruthHurts said:

It won't get worse, that I know. The question is how many games like that can the Bills fans handle before giving up on Allen. 

It actually can get worse.  Allen looking like a bust is way worse than Peterman sucking...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

How can we get killed by a "network" that's already dead?

I know what you mean, but they aren't dead yet, and in fact remain a fairly loud voice on the national sports landscape.

It is what it is.  Buffalo is unlikely to shake up its image on a national level any time soon.

I live in S. FL these days. A  few months ago I went to the dermatologist for a yearly checkup.

He was making small talk and asking where I'm from.  I mentioned that I was originally from Buffalo and he literally, naturally, winced in pain, shook his head, and something like "Jesus" followed by a comment about our winters.

LOL.  Sure a lot of it is rooted in misconception, but the average dude around this country really has nothing to associate with WNY other than sports failures and bad weather. 

As I said, it is what it is.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I'm not confident in our Oline and Receivers, but hopefully Josh proves he's the future.

Really ?? THANKS !!!!

Well you are welcome.

You start a thread about ESPN dogging the bills, really, what in depth deep conversation did you want to elicit from readers with such a powerful and unique concept to start the conversation?

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

hate how their hosts talk over each other and act like they are at a party.

I can point to when and how this started, but, it could get me into trouble.  However, I agree, it's obnoxious.

Edited by PeterDude

Just now, PeterDude said:

I can point to why and how this started, but, it could get me into trouble.  However, I agree, it's obnoxious.

Of course, have to be pc in this era.

1 minute ago, fridge said:

Why do you people take criticism of your favorite football team personally?

Blows. My. Mind.

So being a laughing stock doesn't bother you?

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

hate how their hosts talk over each other and act like they are at a party.

That is pretty common for American TV "commentary" shows all around, whether it's sports or general news or anything.

They gather a way-too-big panel and then they all shout over each other.

It's so refreshing to watch soccer news shows from the UK and Germany where they have 2 or 3 people at most, and they engage in calm, serious, genuine conversation.  No one talks over anyone and they all give each other as much time as they need to make their point. 

It's about 100 times more intelligent, overall, than the American approach.

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

That is pretty common for American TV "commentary" shows all around, whether it's sports or general news or anything.

They gather a way-too-big panel and then they all shout over each other.

It's so refreshing to watch soccer news shows from the UK and Germany where they have 2 or 3 people at most, and they engage in calm, serious, genuine conversation.  No one talks over anyone and they all give each other as much time as they need to make their point. 

It's about 100 times more intelligent, overall, than the American approach.

I would love that here

8 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

I think the checklist he was using, he came up with himself, he wasn't schooled by anyone.  That's why it came off so badly.

It actually can get worse.  Allen looking like a bust is way worse than Peterman sucking...

Allen looking like a bust this year shouldn't impact anything. He's a rookie. Many rookies stink up the joint, especially those on bad teams. 

I know it's tempting to devour ANY media Bills related (I am guilty of doing so myself), but the stuff on NFL Network and ESPN is really a waste of time. I would say more than half of the active posters on this site know exponentially more about the Bills than any of them. And it's not just about knowing the roster and past performances; the level of insight on those networks is laughable. I swear to God, if we never heard one of these phrases again in my life, our lives would be better for it:

He's a dynamic playmaker

He's got swag (THE WORST)

He finds a way to win football games

He's a competitor

He's an athletic freak

This is what those programs call analysis. If you really want to stay informed, stick with this board, buffalorumblings, and cover1 on youtube...

I'm sure there are other sources I'm not familiar with, but the point is just stay away from the garbage on national TV