26CornerBlitz

Kim Pegula: Bills' Stadium Plans on Hold until after November Elections - John Wawrow AP Story

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — Buffalo Bills co-owner Kim Pegula tells The Associated Press the clock on deciding whether to build a new stadium or renovate the team’s current facility won’t begin ticking until after New York’s gubernatorial race is settled in November.

Pegula describes that timetable as being “prudent” because the Bills don’t want a stadium-funding issue to become a distraction during the election. And she adds there’s no point of opening talks with state officials until after the votes are counted.

Speaking of the Pegulas, do THEY bear any responsibility for this franchise's utter incompetence? Lol My answer would be YES.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

Not surprised. First thing they were waiting for was for the Bills to make the playoffs so they had some cache with local tax payers. Next, wait for the elected officials to take office to start talks. Downtown stadium is inevitable. Just a matter of when, not if.

6 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

Speaking of the Pegulas, do THEY bear any responsibility for this franchise's utter incompetence? Lol My answer would be YES.

Umm, yeah, ultimately they bear all the responsibility.

30 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

Including a playoff berth last year, yes they do. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Not surprised. First thing they were waiting for was for the Bills to make the playoffs so they had some cache with local tax payers. Next, wait for the elected officials to take office to start talks. Downtown stadium is inevitable. Just a matter of when, not if.

Yep been saying for a while the tea leaves are all there for where they want to go and what they want to do. They don't care about people's tailgates believe it or not

Edited by corta765

36 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

We made the playoffs. Yes, they share responsibility for that.

And it doesn't matter. They are the owners. They can do what they want.

2 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Yep been saying for a while the tea leaves are all there for where they want to go and what they want to do. They don't care about people's tailgates believe it or not

Nor should they

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Including a playoff berth last year, yes they do. 

That's comedy gold right there! More accurate would be that they backed in to the playoffs in a most improbable way, AND they likely were one of the weakest teams ever to make the NFL playoffs.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

That's comedy gold right there! More accurate would be that they backed in to the playoffs in a most improbable way, AND they likely were one of the weakest teams ever to make the NFL playoffs.

Did the bills have to win 9 games to make it?

3 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

And yet they held the Jags to 10pts in that Wild Card game, who in turn put up like 45 on the Steelers the next week

59 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:
... BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — Buffalo Bills co-owner Kim Pegula tells The Associated Press the clock on deciding whether to build a new stadium or renovate the team’s current facility won’t begin ticking until after New York’s gubernatorial race is settled in November. ...

:cough:bull ****:cough:

like Cuomo has a chance in hell of losing, right.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I miss the days when Pegula said he could drill more fracturing wells or sell the mineral rights on the hundreds thousands of acres he owns the rights of. What is Pegula doing these days on that front?

8 minutes ago, Foxx said:

You missed her point.  

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

I’ll bet that they function like my clients do here. I have a couple of clients that have massive city and/or state contracts. They donate the maximum amount that they can to all viable candidates. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

3 minutes ago, White Linen said:

You missed her point.  

what? that of stadium funding becoming an issue during the election? again it is a weak excuse and not one that will have any bearing on the outcome of the gubernatorial race.

Edited by Foxx

28 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

Nor should they

I hope they realize the tailgate is a major reason why I even buy a ticket in the first place.  I've been to more meaningless December games than I can ever hope to remember, and the party before the games is the biggest reason I do.  I know I'm not a STH so my opinion probably doesn't matter much, but I also know there are many others like me.  

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ll bet that the function like my clients do here. I have a couple of clients that have massive city and/or state contracts. They donate the maximum amount that they can to all viable candidates. 

this would be a legitimate excuse. if they do not want said donations to be seen as possibly being as conflict of interest, that makes sense

• Like 1

Just now, coloradobillsfan said:

I hope they realize the tailgate is a major reason why I even buy a ticket in the first place.  I've been to more meaningless December games than I can ever hope to remember, and the party before the games is the biggest reason I do.  I know I'm not a STH so my opinion probably doesn't matter much, but I also know there are many others like me.  

I hate to crush hopes and dreams, but there isn’t an owner in the NFL that cares about tailgate experience. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John in Jax said:

They also bear the responsibility for keeping the Bills in Buffalo ... and, apparently, ruining your autumn Sundays.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

You can editorialize all you want, I am merely pointing out facts you happen to find inconvenient to your rant. 

41 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

Right. Good stuff don't count.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry Kim,  the new guy isn’t going to give you public funds to build a new stadium. 

You will have to fund it 100%

maybe Terrance can drill another well...

no way a new stadium opens before 2030

they will slow play this until another extension of current lease is needed

I'm not sure why everyone thinks tailgating will completely end with a downtown stadium. Buffalo has a ton of surface lots, and if they go where the Perry Projects currently sit there are a ton of businesses with lots that could open for parking as well. Tailgating would still be a thing, unless, they decide to build parking ramps, which I just don't see happening over the ones that are already in place for Key.