What QB to SIgn?

ngbills

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s so funny because I used to think like that all the time.  I played football for a long time and love the sport.  But these aren’t the smartest guys in the world.  They do dumb things all the time.

It's just like any profession though, not sure why people think it's different. Just because they've been around football their entire working career doesn't mean they can't get things wrong. It also doesn't mean someone on the outside looking in can't be right about it. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I have to agree with your last statement. But having peterman in the room alone could ruin him thru osmosis. 

There, I think, you are worrying beyond the available evidence.

There is a reason that Dennison, Daboll, McDermott etc all have that persistent Peterman love.  He's reported to be a film room and whiteboard wizard who mastered the playbook very quickly and who excels at breaking down film.  He apparently has great work habits - get there early, arrive late.  Both AJM and Allen have praised him strongly as a teammate.  What did Allen say "best guy ever"?

Peterman will probably make a great Jordan Palmer or Byron Leftwich type guy in time, a guy with a great head for the game but something missing that doesn't let him execute as a player at a high level.  He can see it on film, he just can't see it/do it in real time.

I would like Allen and the Bills to have a vet QB available, but I can't see how contact with Peterman is going to hurt Allen in any way.

35 minutes ago, jr1 said:

it would take a new QB a month to learn the playbook

Depends on the QB, doesn't it? 

Guess who was OC when Matt Moore had his career best season (not that it's saying much, but at least it was QB competence)

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There, I think, you are worrying beyond the available evidence.

There is a reason that Dennison, Daboll, McDermott etc all have that persistent Peterman love.  He's reported to be a film room and whiteboard wizard who mastered the playbook very quickly and who excels at breaking down film.  He apparently has great work habits - get there early, arrive late.  Both AJM and Allen have praised him strongly.

Peterman will probably make a great Jordan Palmer or Byron Leftwich type guy, a guy with a great head for the game but something missing that doesn't let him execute as a player at a high level.  He can see it on film, he just can't see it/do it in real time.

I would like Allen and the Bills to have a vet QB available, but I can't see how contact with Peterman is going to hurt Allen in any way.

It was more of a joke and I agree w you.  I know most people hated him but I miss TT and his incomplete game. 

2 hours ago, JM57 said:

I know of a certain veteran QB whose best attribute is his mobility. Not sure our fanbase could handle it though.

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think it will be Paxton, they already kicked the tires on him.  If not him, I think the 2 other more likely options are Moore and Anderson.

It SHOULD be Kap, who is best available, but that has a 0% chance of happening.  They won't want the media circus around their prized young rookie Allen.  

SECRETLY HOPING its EJ so I can get my popcorn and watch this board meltdown over a backup QB

I would be in on it being Kap.  I can't believe I am saying that, albeit I was never a "never Kap" person.  However, all it takes is one half of Nate to change my tune.

I'll take that circus above and beyond a 2-14 circus, if he can honestly help this team.

Let me just add this would be in case Allen (knock on wood) gets hurt.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Whoever they get better be mobile or they'll get killed behind this offensive offensive line.

Landry and Manuel are both somewhat mobile.

EJ Manuel??

The guy the raiders cut because he sucks, and replaced him with the guy we just traded to them, AJM, who sucks so much Peterman beat him in preseason??

I'd rather try to sign Rodney peete.

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

EJ Manuel??

The guy the raiders cut because he sucks, and replaced him with the guy we just traded to them, AJM, who sucks so much Peterman beat him in preseason??

I'd rather try to sign Rodney peete.

I just figure we'll be starting 6 or 7 QB's this season so we'll need to find guys that can run away from unblocked defenders.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

I just figure we'll be starting 6 or 7 QB's this season so we'll need to find guys that can run away from unblocked defenders.

My buddy, a Giants fan, when I told him the news:

Me: bills starting Allen against chargers

Him: start making his tombstone

Me: ugh. We suck.

Him: I dont see the need to start Allen with that O Line. Dumb move IMO

Me: did you f*cking watch last week?? Nathan Peterman is not an NFL QB. He's not even a sh*tty backup level QB.

Him: at least you aren't Cleveland...

14 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

That they do.

I didn't really respond to him after he said that.

I didn't really know how to answer.

I just felt sad.

Sure they might not of lost but they still have to break whatever witch's curse is preventing them from winning.

Edited by Warcodered

4 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Kaepernick is the obvious choice.

The so called "media circus" would be gone after 1 week anyway.

However, this franchise is NOT going to hire him. Pegula is worried about Trump Tweets for Christ's sake.

He's not going to sign Kaepernick.

He's not going to sign Kap because Kap expects to start and if he doesn't then everyone is racist. Teams don't want Kap because you'd have to start him no matter what, no matter how bad he plays.