Confirmed: Bills to start rookie QB Josh Allen vs. Chargers

East TX Dan

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And now the real 2018 season starts 

what's the over/under date when people argue the Bills are still in the playoff hunt if they win out and 35 other games work out with 31 of them being titanic upsets?

November 1st?

Another thing about starting Allen with our line being so crappy and him being a rookie and therefore prone to rookie mistakes that left him prone on the field is the third and 18 play. If Nate gets sacked on first or second the series is practically over right then. On the 3rd and 18 play, Josh escaped the rush and threw a 20+ yard completion for the first down with ease. If he gets sacked seven times he's still going to have chances. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Another thing about starting Allen with our line being so crappy and him being a rookie and therefore prone to rookie mistakes that left him prone on the field is the third and 18 play. If Nate gets sacked on first or second the series is practically over right then. On the 3rd and 18 play, Josh escaped the rush and threw a 20+ yard completion for the first down with ease. If he gets sacked seven times he's still going to have chances. 

with a green QB out there you hand the ball off for buck gains and kick it away, you don't force him to stand there bare-ass to the wind on 3rd and forgetabout it to take a righteous clocking or embarrass himself

Edited by row_33

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The two big things that Allen has going to keep himself out of trouble is his escapability and his gun...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Heitz said:

The two big things that Allen has going to keep himself out of trouble is his escapability and his gun...

In the 6-15 stat line one of those incompletions was a play that 98-100 NFL quarterbacks get sacked on. It was absolutely outrageous that he escaped the sack and threw the ball away for an Incompletion. 

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

who did?  send me the tape of that win by the Bills.

i need to see it real bad as a longsuffering fan.

I meant in your response to my point. You said the Bills should have him hand off in that situation so he's doesn't get killed. I said they didn't hand off, they had him throw and he made a fantastic play for the first down. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Allen played with a terrible supporting cast at Wyoming. Maybe losing confidence is the wrong term to use. But it certainly doesn't seem that playing with a bad supporting cast at Wyoming has helped Allen any. Sure he still has confidence. But he hasn't been able to develop properly playing with such a bad cast. I just don't want the same thing to happen now in the the NFL. 

After the roster gutting performed by McDermott and Beane, it will be several years before thesupporting cast is decent. You just can’t sit Allen until 2020. He sinks or swims on his own because the organization went about things in the wrong order ( it should have been hire GM/ GM hires HC/ draft QB) and jettisoned too many offensive players.

10 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

After the roster gutting performed by McDermott and Beane, it will be several years before thesupporting cast is decent. You just can’t sit Allen until 2020. He sinks or swims on his own because the organization went about things in the wrong order ( it should have been hire GM/ GM hires HC/ draft QB) and jettisoned too many offensive players.

the silver lining is when Brady retires the 4 division teams will all likely be ranked in the bottom 8 of the NFL

2 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Ahh, how soon we all forget that Cincy game in which Allen was under such heavy pressure he went 6 of 12 for only 34 yards and was sacked 5 times IN THE FIRST HALF! He was sacked for more yards then he threw for...

I hope Allen sits until Pickerman throws his picks and then Allen comes n.

We should be able to run the ball this week, which should take some pressure off of him.

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I'm trying to figure out the obsession with Peterman. 

It's truly mind boggling. 

Pretty easy. He played the best in the preseason, training camp, and practices.

But when the real games start he can't handle the increased speed and defensive scheming.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billspro said:

We should be able to run the ball this week, which should take some pressure off of him.

First thing I thought of this week.  They can't just flood the zone and jump short passes because Allen likes to throw downfield.

Now playaction should be more effective and the linebackers just can't crash the line to stop the run.  The safety's can't cheat up...they'll have to play back.