Bills Waive DT Adolphus Washington - Signs with the Bengals

26CornerBlitz

3 minutes ago, Looper said:

I'd sign Cutler to hold the clipboard and mentor Allen - at least for this year.

I don't know him personally, but I don't think he will ever be in the "mentoring" business. For this role I'd go with Moore. Plus he'd cost much less. 

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Even if you want that Cutler's already said he doesn't want to continue his career if he has to be a back up.

Cash is king

Just now, qwksilver said:

I don't know him personally, but I don't think he will ever be in the "mentoring" business. For this role I'd go with Moore. Plus he'd cost much less. 

Moore would be cheaper, but Cutler is sitting around. Might go for it at the right price.

5 minutes ago, Looper said:

I'd sign Cutler to hold the clipboard and mentor Allen - at least for this year.

Hell to the NO!

Cutler to Allen: This is the face you make at press conferences. This is the face you make if you're intercepted. This is the face you make if you make a first down.

Allen to Cutler: They're all the same face.

Cutler to Allen: I know, I know....mysterious, shifty

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

He's the guy (#44) Josh Allen embarrassed on like 8 plays in a quarter of football, including the sweet TD to Streater

Go dig up HK Episode 3

The guy that was allergic to sacks because Allen kept dodging him.?

Some article about the episode called Allen his white whale.?

Edited by Warcodered

3 minutes ago, Looper said:

Maybe they move Culley to wide receivers coach (where he belongs) and bring in someone as QB coach that has actually played the position

2 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

Maybe they get an OL coach who knows WTF he is doing?

yep that's what they should do after one game switch around coaching staff.

Just now, Warcodered said:

The guy that was allergic to sacks because Allen kept dodging him.?

Haha - to Orchard's credit - that was his knock on himself.  He seemed like a good guy and not untalented.  If he's a good special teams guy it's all good, and I wouldn't even take cutting Washington to make room as a knock on Adolphus.  Orchard is a legit depth guy with some pass rush ability.

4 minutes ago, Looper said:

Castillo's got nothing to work with

What was his excuse last season when he took one of the better units in the league and turned it into garbage with the SAME PLAYERS?

Here in Baltimore the Ravens fans were THRILLED to see his sorry butt out of town - and his illegitimate love child (or whatever the heck he is) Vlad Ducasse with him! 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

Haha - to Orchard's credit - that was his knock on himself.  He seemed like a good guy and not untalented.  If he's a good special teams guy it's all good, and I wouldn't even take cutting Washington to make room as a knock on Adolphus.  Orchard is a legit depth guy with some pass rush ability.

What was his excuse last season when he took one of the better units in the league and turned it into garbage with the SAME PLAYERS?

Here in Baltimore the Ravens fans were THRILLED to see his sorry butt out of town - and his illegitimate love child (or whatever the heck he is) Vlad Ducasse with him! 

You're joking right ?  6th in the league in YPG rushing and McCoy 4th. Incognito/Wood/Glenn all gone. He's got nothing.

Edited by Looper

51 minutes ago, Looper said:

Maybe not, but they need a vet to mentor Allen

I keep seeing this on numerous threads.  Why does Allen need a journeyman vet to mentor him?  At best, that's all the Bills would ever be able to have as a #2.  What does a career back-up have to contribute to Allen? Allen currently has a head coach, an OC, and a QB coach to guide and assist and teach him. What exactly does a vet journeyman QB bring to the table?

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

I keep seeing this on numerous threads.  Why does Allen need a journeyman vet to mentor him?  At best, that's all the Bills would ever be able to have as a #2.  What does a career back-up have to contribute to Allen? Allen currently has a head coach, an OC, and a QB coach to guide and assist and teach him. What exactly does a vet journeyman QB bring to the table?

Frank Reich and Alex Van Pelt. 

Just now, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

Both Matt Moore and Cutler have a lot of game experience. Why did the Jets sign Josh McCown ? Same reason.

At least the players will be happy with Mrs. Orchard's cookies based on what I saw on Hard Knocks.

As an aside, I like this pick up.  I actually think Nate Orchard will be a productive player and he seems like a good teammate. 

1 minute ago, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

ok, but exactly what can they provide as mentors.  This isn't a rhetorical  or argumentative question.  I'd really like to know 

I would think they could help Allen with reading D's/audibles, diagnosing his mistakes during the game,  knowledge of other team defender tendencies, etc.

2 minutes ago, Looper said:

I would think they could help Allen with reading D's/audibles, diagnosing his mistakes during the game,  knowledge of other team defender tendencies, etc.

wouldn't it be easier to just hire a retired QB to add to your staff as his personal mentor then,  and pick-up any QB you wanted and not have to worry about whether that QB can play AND mentor Allen? (assuming that the current coaching staff wouldn't be able or have the time to do the above?)

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

wouldn't it be easier to just hire a retired QB to add to your staff as his personal mentor then,  and pick-up any QB you wanted and not have to worry about whether that QB can play AND mentor Allen? (assuming that the current coaching staff wouldn't be able or have the time to do the above?)

Sure, I'm good with that as well but the issue is where to find one that wants the job

11 minutes ago, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

Then who would be his back up?

1 hour ago, billsredneck1 said:

they're gonna kick shaq inside with trent full time on end. they will also bring mike love up for spelling the end spot. jmo they gotta generate a rush.

not bad.

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

Let the purging begin?

So this is a beginning?

Oh dear

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah that would of been ideal but who's even available now.

Nike has a guy.

58 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Washington is one who failed to buy-in.  Could Jerry be next?

Only one who hustled all Game ?

maybe. i am unsure as to what is happening around me now. There are other ways to improve the team.

Perhaps Adolphus asked to be traded ? and Bills said sure.

Then closed and locked the door behind him.

52 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

Why Miller. Groy to guard might be a real laugh

Left Guard. Groy to left guard fool !

42 minutes ago, Looper said:

Both Matt Moore and Cutler have a lot of game experience. Why did the Jets sign Josh McCown ? Same reason.

you could get Josh right now i bet

21 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

AWF - Another Whaley Failure.  This was a bad pick even back in 2015.  Adolphus flashed 1 out of every 90 snaps.  Not a good player...just not good

no he didn't. Flash  , I mean.
but i would not have dumped him for nothing with out some very good reason. Bills will need bodies soon enough to at least lean in once the ball is snapped...

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No way with TBW traded.

Groy is best at center even after a bad game.

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

no he didn't. Flash  , I mean.
but i would not have dumped him for nothing with out some very good reason. Bills will need bodies soon enough to at least lean in once the ball is snapped...

Groy is best at center even after a bad game.

I was replying to you about McCown.