Conversation with A Bills Executive

COTC

This morning, I had a conversation with a Bills Executive, who wishes to remain anonymous. This was his thought on the game and general status of the team. 

“Allen showed composure. I like some of the movement under Dabol.

The free agents, o-line and peterman are a waste.

Tampa 2,3 zone 8 yards back made Flacco look like Montana. This is what happens when a insecurity replaces judgement in turning over roster.

Darby for Jordan Matthews. Marcel for a 5th, Watkins, Tyrod and Glenn for picks never selected. Coleman cut Even Benjamin for a third looked like a bust.

Let's just hope I am overreacting and next week we rebound against a team flying west to east. Last night, on a podcast,  Mel Kiper predicted the Bills to have the worst record in football, losing their first 8. Let's hope not.

There is no plan for Allen, however, will now remain the starter”

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, COTC said:

This morning, I had a conversation with a Bills Executive, who wishes to remain anonymous.

I call BS.   If there is one thing this coaching staff and front office know how to do (in fact, maybe the only thing they know how to do), it's not leak or talk behind each other's backs...   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Jaraxxus and Lurker did you really feel you needed to make that point.  If you don't like what the poster is saying just move on.  I get tired of people making comments towards posters who do the classy thing and don't throw people under the bus.  If you don't want to believe it that's your call but no one needs to hear it.  It makes people not want to report information.  Last year I had a good conversation with Brandon Spikes and I didn't throw his name out there and got bashed when I passed some of the things I learned from him along that I thought were interesting.  Guess what, it will never happen again.  I spoke with an insider with the Panthers who is very close to Beane and McDermott a few weeks back but those conversations I had will now stay close to the vest.  Thanks COTC, appreciate you passing things along.

Edited by offsides#76FredSmerlas
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, golfball323 said:

lol, i actually could give details on a real live talk with a PSE exec. But that info was for my ears only. Let's just say that his predictions we're right on...

I'm not surprised at all. Pegula was heard by one of my friends to say specifically "we need to bottom out" in regards to the Sabres a few years back.  

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

I bumped into Terry Pegula recently ... some of he things he told me ...hoo boy...

My lips are sealed though...

I cal BS on this, I have heard Terry speak, he says nothing and knows even less.  Now if it was Kim you bumped into, most likely on purpose literally, that I would like to hear.

• Like (+1) 1

Does he work in the Football Operations or an Executive in another department?

I'm not trying to discount your story OP....I'm asking because about 15 years ago, I met a Bills Executive.  He wasn't in Football Operations so he wasn't privy (Doug Whaley!) to any real football stuff.  It was like a coffee break conversation you'd have with a co-worker.  

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jaraxxus said:

No offense intended, but in today’s environment I don’t put much stock into anonymously sourced information. ?

Yeah. Just trying to share what I heard. Obviously this is nothing breaking, just a thought of an exec with the Bills. 

Really shows the disfunction. 

I don’t think They are happy with Beane or McD. 

Edited by COTC
  • Like (+1) 3