WR Will be Toughest Position to Fix

BuffaloBaumer

Two of my favorite players in the Draft are D.K. Metcalf-WR Ole Miss 6'4 225 and Kelvin Harmon-WR NCST 6'3 216. Thing is we might not be picking in the 5-15 range this year. 

I like Parris Campbell-WR Ohio State 6'0 208. 4.3 speed and he was made to play in the Erhardt-Perkins offense that Daboll is trying to install. I'd take Campbell and double dip in FA with De'Anthony Thomas and Eli Rogers. I'd also take a flier on Tyler Eifert in FA as well. This is not going to be a one offseason makeover.

17 hours ago, Dante said:

Diggs, Cooks, Golden Tate FA's next year among other more 2nd tier guys.

Diggs and Cooks both already signed. The list of options is basically:

Randall Cobb

Josh Gordon (restricted)

Robby Anderson (restricted)

Golden Tate (31 years old)

Chris Hogan

Devin Funchess

Tyrell Williams

Donte Moncrief

Quincy Enunwa

John Brown

Adam Humphries

Geronimo Allison

Kevin White

Edited by DCOrange

6 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

We don't need a complete overhaul of the WR group. Just one game-breaker - an Antonio Brown or Stefon Diggs would immediately make the rest of the group better. The opposing defenses will not be able to sit on them as much. 

Sucks that Diggs just re-signed because he'd be great. We need WR's who separate. Currently we don't have one guy on our roster who can do that. 

7 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Diggs and Cooks both already signed. The list of options is basically:

Randall Cobb

Josh Gordon (restricted)

Robby Anderson (restricted)

Golden Tate (31 years old)

Chris Hogan

Devin Funchess

Tyrell Williams

Donte Moncrief

Quincy Enunwa

John Brown

Adam Humphries

Geronimo Allison

Kevin White

BIlls have 80MM in space.

Bills sing Randall Cobb to 12MM + per year.

Bills sign a bunch of average to slightly above average but Old UFAs (O/D line and LB).

Bills have to cut players because contracts are terrible in a few years.

Bills end up with 30+MM in dead cap.

Man this all sounds familiar. 

I feel like we don't need top end elite talent as much as a corps of WRs who just execute and give it all every play.  Seems like every other game I watched this weekend teams had regular receivers who just stood out for effort (Enunwa, Godwin, the list goes on)  and I kept thinking to myself God, wish the Bills had someone like that

18 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

It is likely that Buffalo will get either Bosa, Oliver or Little with a top 3 pick. If they pick Little, they can overpay for a guard in free agency and that should be a good start for the line. Would they then move Dawkins to the right side or does that not make sense? If they pick Bosa or Oliver, it would transform the D instantly. They can then add a DB and guard in FA as well. 

The one thing they will not do is draft a WR with 1st pick. There is no way that a true #1 receiver will be available in FA so how are they going to fix this position? Benjamin is surely gone after this year and then there is a pile of garbage that remains on the roster. 

There should hopefully be a couple of decent WR options in rounds 2-4 next year. That being said, this unit could get better if they start actually catching the ball. I am hoping that several weeks of practicing with Josh Allen will get them used to the way his ball comes in and we start seeing improvement there. Additionally, they did not get much separation on Sunday but hopefully that can be fixed or at least masked with play calling and QB anticipation.  Not gonna be a great year for our WR's but hopefully better than what we've seen so far.

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

I feel like we don't need top end elite talent as much as a corps of WRs who just execute and give it all every play.  Seems like every other game I watched this weekend teams had regular receivers who just stood out for effort (Enunwa, Godwin, the list goes on)  and I kept thinking to myself God, wish the Bills had someone like that

I don't think Godwin is a regular WR to be honest. That kid is an absolute stud. His advanced metrics last year were pretty much GOAT level and he looks really good on film. No doubt in my mind that he's a capable #2 WR right now; he just happens to be playing for a team that has a lot of good options

Edited by DCOrange

21 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

It is likely that Buffalo will get either Bosa, Oliver or Little with a top 3 pick. If they pick Little, they can overpay for a guard in free agency and that should be a good start for the line. Would they then move Dawkins to the right side or does that not make sense? If they pick Bosa or Oliver, it would transform the D instantly. They can then add a DB and guard in FA as well. 

The one thing they will not do is draft a WR with 1st pick. There is no way that a true #1 receiver will be available in FA so how are they going to fix this position? Benjamin is surely gone after this year and then there is a pile of garbage that remains on the roster. 

Three or four positions will be fixed via free agency this next offseason and WR will be one of those.  I don't like blow out losses but bottoming out this season may be the best thing long term.  We are not talented enough currently to go far in the playoffs if we make it that far which I doubt.

20 hours ago, dneveu said:

Re Little - Could always move dawkins to guard, and draft a new center in the 2-3 rounds.  It's not like - wonderful amazing line.  but it will be better than this dumpster fire.  

RE WR - the free agent's are not good.  The best ones get extensions not released.  Benjamin looks bad and i'm glad they didn't extend him.  Honestly they need a slot guy to get open quick, or a scat back that does something similar.  This is the guy you find when you don't have time.  

Ray Ray?

Imagine having Watkins, Woods, Hogan, and Goodwin on your team and not having any of them and this pile of garbage.

Trust the process!!!

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Diggs and Cooks already signed extensions

Also, unless you massive overlay, what FA wr with options would come here?  This is a graveyard for Wrs.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Imagine having Watkins, Woods, Hogan, and Goodwin on your team and not having any of them and this pile of garbage.

Trust the process!!!

Also, unless you massive overlay, what FA wr with options would come here?  This is a graveyard for Wrs.

This group is tragic. Anyone that thought otherwise entering the year was sticking their head in the sand. As far as I’m concerned it is POSSIBLE that not one of these guys is back next year!! McCloud is probably the most likely guy of all of them to be here. The group needs top guys, slot guys, speed guys, depth guys. They are awful.

As far as I’m concerned they HAVE to add a starting caliber WR in FA, a guy no later than round 2 and 2 more guys that will make the team. That’s a minimum of 4 new guys!! I’d like to see something like:

- Anthony Johnson in Rd. 2 (or late round 1)

- Quincy Enunwa

- Phillip Dorsett 

- Laquon Treadwell (trade a late round pick)

That group certainly isn’t perfect but could be a big upgrade over this mess. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

This group is tragic. Anyone that thought otherwise entering the year was sticking their head in the sand. As far as I’m concerned it is POSSIBLE that not one of these guys is back next year!! McCloud is probably the most likely guy of all of them to be here. The group needs top guys, slot guys, speed guys, depth guys. They are awful.

As far as I’m concerned they HAVE to add a starting caliber WR in FA, a guy no later than round 2 and 2 more guys that will make the team. That’s a minimum of 4 new guys!! I’d like to see something like:

- Quincy Enunwa

- Phillip Dorsett 

Where’s Anthony Johnson from?  I like Enunwa but I can see the Jets keeping him.  Solid, underrated player.  

And what the hell happened to Treadwell?  Can he just not get separation? They can probably trade for him now.  Do a goodwill move and send Kyle to Minnesota. 

21 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I agree. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like Zay is going to be anything special.

Zay should be moved to the slot not sure why they continue to play him on the outside. Hopefully they can incorporate McCloud/Foster into the lineup more to keep defenses honest.

21 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

- Quincy Enunwa

- Phillip Dorsett 

No to Treadwell we have enough slow guys who can't catch or get open. 

22 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I agree. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like Zay is going to be anything special.

Gonna hold on to that thought and see if Allen and Jones can get something going ( like you I have my doubts) but If I'm Daboll that's the wr I'd feature as much as I can. He's the only hope if he can get even close to his college production it will help.

Edited by BeefCurtns

22 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

The one thing they will not do is draft a WR with 1st pick.

No matter.  We trade up our top pick and get several 1, 2 or 3 round picks, etc.  We got our QB (hopefully - but certainly for the next two years) and should not worry about a top four draft pick spot as much as the many holes we have to fill.