Is it time for Kaepernick?

mynmisoli

15 hours ago, The Process said:

Kaep's tag line for Nike.....something about sacrificing all. That's enough stupidity to ensure he should never play for the greatest sport in THE US of A.

Note to Kaep.....talk to Pat Tillman's family about sacrificing all.

Apples and oranges, man. 

Kaep was protesting police brutality, then orange-man donny boy makes it about the military. Kaep never said he sacrificed his life for his country. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I support the idea of signing him but no significant free agent is gonna be like “Well the Bills have a really crappy team but they did sign Kaepernick to be a backup QB. I’ll go there.”

Free agents will come if and only if Buffalo is willing to pay them a lot of money. 

I agree but it will not hurt for sure

4 minutes ago, JM57 said:

I support the idea of signing him. Even if I disagreed with his reasons for protesting, I would still support it because I'm an adult and able to separate things.

He checks the boxes of what they need. Veteran, experience starting, mobile, not Nathan Peterman.

I agree those are my two biggest reasons,  free agents signings most likely would not improve because of it.

1 minute ago, Dopey said:

Apples and oranges, man. 

Kaep was protesting police brutality, then orange-man donny boy makes it about the military. Kaep never said he sacrificed his life for his country. 

Don't make it about Trump in defense or in offense on this issue and we might get somewhere. Kaep wasn't protesting to bring awareness when he started this. Read what he really said back when he was sitting during the anthem. He said he wouldn't stand for this country since it allows killing minorities for being minorities. It was after a photo of him sitting away from the field that he had to answer for his actions, and even then he mostly let others speak for him. Defend his Cop Pig socks and pro-Castro shirt. He guy despises the country I call home. 

4 minutes ago, stony said:

Easy there, it might give away your membership in a certain secret society...

Really I am member of a secret society?  I did not know lovers of Asian imports had one but sign me up for I still have mine after 30 years.

12 minutes ago, scribo said:

Kaep is not willing to take back-up money. Nothing more really is needed to be said gien that.

Plus, we have a thread with somewhere around 12 pages of this conversation already. 

Obviously subject needs its own forum and anyone not posting any new threads not started in that forum should get 1 week ban (two weeks if we are on bye week).

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, The Process said:

Kaep's tag line for Nike.....something about sacrificing all. That's enough stupidity to ensure he should never play for the greatest sport in THE US of A.

Note to Kaep.....talk to Pat Tillman's family about sacrificing all.

Note to you...Pat Tillman's friends and family want people like you to stop invoking his name in topics like this.

I am not the type of sports fan that worships players. I don't have sports heroes. Tillman is probably as close as it gets. The more I learned about him, the more I admired him as a person. Yeah, he went overseas after 9/11 out of a sense of duty. But by the time he was done, he thought it was all a waste of time and money and complete BS. He was planning on speaking out against the war. Because that's who he was. He refused to be put in a box, into any kind of stereotype. He wouldn't want to be a martyr for discussions over patriotism, so don't disrespect his legacy by doing so

Because I bring receipts:

Marie Tillman 2017

Marie Tillman 2018

Deadspin: Stop Using Pat Tillman

• Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, scribo said:

Don't make it about Trump in defense or in offense on this issue and we might get somewhere. Kaep wasn't protesting to bring awareness when he started this. Read what he really said back when he was sitting during the anthem. He said he wouldn't stand for this country since it allows killing minorities for being minorities. It was after a photo of him sitting away from the field that he had to answer for his actions, and even then he mostly let others speak for him. Defend his Cop Pig socks and pro-Castro shirt. He guy despises the country I call home. 

Funny to me how few people remember how this really started. It had nothing to do with a protest and everything to do with him having to explain why he was on the bench.

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, scribo said:

Donny boy made it about himself, not me. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, bubba_2ba said:

2016 - 16 TD's, 4 Int's, 90.7 QB Rating.

If not for the #MAGA racists, this guy would be the Bills starting QB.

What’s a Maga racist ?    Sounds like you need to be over at PPP 

That 1-10 record was cool, sounds like he was super effective ????