Peterman Stats - Historical Ranking?

ngbills

4 hours ago, ngbills said:

He also already owns two records in only 3 starts:

Start 1 - most int's in a half.

Start 3 - Bills worst season opening loss. 

In 1 game today Nate gave us two gifts for the price of one!

Our worst opening day beat down in franchise history and our 2nd worst beat down of any type in franchise history! 

Thanks Nate!

4 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

In 1 game today Nate gave us two gifts for the price of one!

Our worst opening day beat down in franchise history and our 2nd worst beat down of any type in franchise history! 

Thanks Nate!

Came into the league to break records.

Found out it's really easy as long as you're not too concerned about which records they are.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, bobobonators said:

I want someone to tell me how Favre and Manning also had rough starts to their careers. 

Favre went 0-4 with 2 picks and a sack for his first year in Atlanta. I think it was Glanville who talked about a plane crash reauired before he’d put him in at QB

and he had a medical condition in his hip that was seen at giving him no hope of playing 

Stupid fans said EJ Manuel was the worst qb they have ever seen.  Guess what, preseason football is completely meaningless.  I’m sure Nate is a a great guy but he doesn’t belong on a nfl roster.  I don’t if any other QB in the league could have been as bad as him.  

If McDermott cares about Peterman, he should bench him so he even has a chance to make a roster in the future.

10 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So he is the worst QB since 2001 to start more than one game. That is on him for being bad and on the coaches for putting him out there. 

All three of these guys had only one start and were also out of the league in 1-2 years. 

Edited by ngbills

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Stupid fans said EJ Manuel was the worst qb they have ever seen.  Guess what, preseason football is completely meaningless.  I’m sure Nate is a a great guy but he doesn’t belong on a nfl roster.  I don’t if any other QB in the league could have been as bad as him.  

If McDermott cares about Peterman, he should bench him so he even has a chance to make a roster in the future.

preseason is meaningless only if you have already proven you belong on the field in regular season, Tom Brady doesn't need to prove anything in preseason

raw undeveloped players have to get some kind of confidence going in preseason, it doesn't magically snap into being for Week 1 on the road...

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well there is new blood in the NFL. EJ is now the second worst QB. 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Let's not forget that he had the Bills on track to becoming the third team ever and the second since 1966 to earn zero 1st downs in a game.

with 5 seconds on the clock for the first half they desperately tried to squeak out a first down instead of taking the knee or shooting the works...

let me know when that happens every again.

• Like (+1) 2

Playing Peterman was virtually unprecedented. Since 1971, only one QB with less starting experience had started the opener over a rookie who had been drafted in the top 10. That was Doug Pederson, who started ahead of Donovan McNabb. But at least Pederson had five years and 21 games of NFL experience under his belt.

They have to start Allen now. I don’t know what McDermott will do. He drafted Peterman in the fifth round and took a lot of heat in the national media for starting him over Tyrod Taylor with his team at 5-4 last season. He wanted to stick with Peterman and probably would have if Peterman hadn’t laid such a colossal egg at the Chargers.

McDermott thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room. I suspect he wanted to show the world he was right about Peterman. When Peterman put up good numbers in the preseason competition, he had his justification for starting him over Allen. This was the result.

He’s just stubborn enough to stick with Peterman. It would be a bad decision.

• Like (+1) 1

He is just not a NFL caliber Qb.  Preseason vs vanilla defense and sub NFL talent is not the same as faces a team schematiclly designed to attack your weaknesses.  Allen is, was and always should have been the guy when he replaced Aj McCarron at Cleveland.  The offense should have had 3 weeks of molding to Allen's strengths and preparation for a tough first month.