Peterman Stats - Historical Ranking?

ngbills

On 9/9/2018 at 7:58 PM, Fadingpain said:

I believe his QB rating for today was ZERO.

Those "pros" drafting talent in the NFL really know their stuff, don't they! 

I wonder if we had simply taken best QB available from Mel Kiper's draft guide if we would have been better off.

Maybe not, if you took the best QB available at his position in the 5th round. 

For all I know, Peterman may have BEEN the best QB available from Mel Kiper's draft guide - in the 5th round.

In the last 20 years, there have been 33 QB drafted in the 5th round. 

13 of them have started 3 or more games.  Of those 13, only 3 have thrown more TD than INT - AJ McCarron, Troy Smith, and Dan Orlovsky.

I'm not trying to say a man's draft round is his destiny, but picking a good QB from the 5th round back is going against steep odds.

On 9/9/2018 at 9:24 PM, Elite Poster said:

They have gut feelings instead of using brain power. 

If you bench Tyrod because of that Saints' game performance, you HAVE to bench Peterman. Period.

Agree 100%

I defended NP after the Chargers game only because it was one game. However, he burned up a lot of rope with that one, and now after the "Baltimore Steamer" he took last Sunday -- unfortunately, it's pretty much game over for the kid. I'm sure he'll have a great career as a financial planner. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I'll take not anything special over especially bad. Peterman is rewriting the history books on worst quarterback to keep getting the umpteenth chance to start in the NFL.

Like we didn't even invest much in him why are we clinging onto him like he's a no 1 overall pick rather than a 5th rounder we took a flyer on. It's like Beane is thinking "this 5th round pick has to be good my job is on the line if he doesn't pan out. My God we set ourselves back for years to get this guy"

You get no argument from me...

IMO, development of Allen is the best case scenario. Not having a viable bridge veteran QB to tutor Allen on the roster is a major snafu by McBean.

3 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I'm kind of in this boat as well. 

Peterman's #1 problem is that he's just not that good. But at the same time is he really this bad? Historically bad? Chargers don't have Bosa this week and the game is in Buffalo and not likely to be a blizzard. Got to think he can at least muster a normal bad game by NFL standards. I know a lot of people don't want to see Peterman start but I am okay with it for two more weeks. Let Allen start @ Green Bay after we get through the Purple People Eaters.

This is a very good point too -- I could be talked into giving him one more shot under more-favorable circumstances. The kid really has been thrown into some ridiculous games to start his career. 

12 minutes ago, pimp on da' net said:

You get no argument from me...

IMO, development of Allen is the best case scenario. Not having a viable bridge veteran QB to tutor Allen on the roster is a major snafu by McBean.

Yeah we have the worst quarterback tandem in the league and I'm wracking my brain behind why top brass thinks Allen should learn from Peterman over like.. any other vet

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Yeah we have the worst quarterback tandem in the league and I'm wracking my brain behind why top brass thinks Allen should learn from Peterman over like.. any other vet

And this was a playoff team last year. You should not see this kind of drop off. Problem is when coaches/gm's think they are smarter than everyone else. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/9/2018 at 8:52 PM, ngbills said:

Has any QB had a worse start to their career? He has three starts and all under 100 yds passing. Basically all under 50% passing. 7 picks in 42 passes. Has there ever been a worse three starts? 

6-14, , 66 yds, 0, td, 5 int

5-10, 57 yds, 1 td, 0 int

5-18, 24 yds, 0 td, 2 int

He had the worst 3 game stretch of any "first 3 starts" in recent history at least.

as per Bill Barnwell after the last game:

"Unsurprisingly, Peterman is off to the worst start of any young quarterback in recent memory. He has been unable to finish each of his first three starts, as he was benched against the Chargers in the five-interception games last season and then again against the Ravens on Sunday (he was injured after starting against the Colts last season). Going back through 2001, Peterman's 16.8 passer rating across his first three starts is the worst for any passer, comfortably behind Alex Smith (29.4) and Brooks Bollinger (37.0). The best passer rating for any passer through three starts over that time frame, ironically, belongs to Taylor"

Edited by SouthNYfan