2018 Nathan Peterman = 2013 Jeff Tuel

3 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Damn. Nate Peterman got roasted today. Holy hell. I was backing him  a lot because he showed it in pre-season. Wow. I was wrong. It's just one game though. I'd give Peterman 2 more games to start. If he doesn't show any improvement and puts up stats then I yank Nate for the rest of the year and just give it to Allen.

WHYYY why give him more games to start. Why. Why. Why. Do we not know if he could become a HOFer yet? THAT'S NEWS TO ME.

2 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

They were both vomit inducing.  They both suck.  

Enjoy arguing human **** is more palatable than dog **** for the 4th year in a row.

I don't think I have to. 

Peterman won't be on the field long enough.

It's just funny that you can't admit today and last year against the Chargers were SooOOooo much worse than anything ANY other Bills QB has ever done.

2 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Trent Edwards is better than Nate Peterman

He was a LOT better.

11 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't think I have to. 

Peterman won't be on the field long enough.

It's just funny that you can't admit today and last year against the Chargers were SooOOooo much worse than anything ANY other Bills QB has ever done.

He was a LOT better.

Stab wounds > bullet wounds

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Right?

Are people still really fighting the obviousness of this?

Preseason hero.

Regular season dud.

The backup so many clamor for, but reality sets in once he starts.

Actually, Tuel may have been better. 

At least he could get a 1st down.

amiright? :flirt:

And before you accuse me of rooting against Peterman, I wasn't. The best outcome today would have been Peterman playing lights out and winning.

This, I think, was the 2nd best outcome.

Rip the band-aid off and end this debacle early.

I would say he is worse.

the Allen reign begins !!!

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

In the Charger game last year...

If Chargers players had been the intended target of his throws, and if treating his one pick-six as a touchdown pass and interception return yardage as passing yardage, Peterman's stat line would have been five for 14, 84 yards, one touchdown, and six interceptions. And that creates a passer rating of 41.1.

"Peterman's actual stat line in the game? 6 of 14 for 66 yards, zero touchdowns, five picks, and a 17.9 passer rating. So, his actual passer rating was 23.2 points lower than the one calculated above, which is kinda incredible."

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Jeff Tuel threw for 229 yards and TD in only start, against a 9-0 team.

Peterman wishes he was that good

Seriously just go back a month or two and look at some of the responses from particular posters saying things during the preseason like "Peterman's preseason performance is different!  I never bought into the Jeff Tuel hype!  He never looked the part!"

Amazing what 1 half can do.

Actually, it's amazing what 1 half--the 1st half against the Chargers--didn't do, which is shatter the legitimate belief that Peterman will ever be a viable NFL starter.

I feel like Peterman is getting far too much criticism here.

When a father gathers the entire neighborhood around to watch his amazing son play the piano, and the kid just hammers the keys, I'm blaming the father. It's not the kids fault he sucks.

Edited by LSHMEAB

The worst QB I’ve ever seen in the NFL who got multiple starts was John Beck.  He even got a start with two teams I think?  But just like Beck, Peterman is a practice warrior and plays fine in preseason.  Once the lights are on and opposing defense game plans against him it’s all over.  He can’t overcome everything getting thrown at him.  On the flip side if Peterman ever sees the field again during a garbage time moment I bet he does ok, when there’s no pressure.

8 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The worst QB I’ve ever seen in the NFL who got multiple starts was John Beck.  He even got a start with two teams I think?  But just like Beck, Peterman is a practice warrior and plays fine in preseason.  Once the lights are on and opposing defense game plans against him it’s all over.  He can’t overcome everything getting thrown at him.  On the flip side if Peterman ever sees the field again during a garbage time moment I bet he does ok, when there’s no pressure.

Like last season's game vs. the Saints when some were convinced when it was actually just GTP with the defense happy to let clock run with them up 47-3. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bills11 said:

All part of the process guys.

McDermott has always known how much Peterman absolutely sucks, but he needs a scapegoat, or perhaps more accurately, he needs something for a below average (In terms of NFL talent) to rally around.

Last year the team starts strong then has a string of a few bad losses. Naturally, the QB gets too much credit and too much blame, so to prove a point--it can get much, much worse--he puts in his secret weapon, a QB so abhorrently bad that he merely needs a single half to prove to the fan base that yes, indeed it can get much worse.

This summer going into week 1, McDermott and Beane recognized long ago who was the best QB, but instead of keeping and starting the semi-average McCarron and treading water for a few games, maybe getting a win or two and in the process making it perhaps a little more difficult to start the much more talented rookie who will inevitably make plenty of mistakes to start his career, McDermott and Beane decide to suffer immensely immediately so that it can be less time-consuming or controversial of a switch by trading the competent QB and keeping the guy who will force the change himself through his terrible play--and quickly.

Now that the entire team and fan base all suffered through that utter incompetence, they will rally behind Allen even more, giving him an even longer leash as he deals with his rookie growing pains.

Meanwhile, Beane is working on the phone with teams he spoke with over the Summer about acquiring a cheap (but actually capable) backup QB.

Wouldn't it be just friggin awesome if this were true :flirt:

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

All part of the process guys.

McDermott has always known how much Peterman absolutely sucks, but he needs a scapegoat, or perhaps more accurately, he needs something for a below average (In terms of NFL talent) to rally around.

Last year the team starts strong then has a string of a few bad losses. Naturally, the QB gets too much credit and too much blame, so to prove a point--it can get much, much worse--he puts in his secret weapon, a QB so abhorrently bad that he merely needs a single half to prove to the fan base that yes, indeed it can get much worse.

This summer going into week 1, McDermott and Beane recognized long ago who was the best QB, but instead of keeping and starting the semi-average McCarron and treading water for a few games, maybe getting a win or two and in the process making it perhaps a little more difficult to start the much more talented rookie who will inevitably make plenty of mistakes to start his career, McDermott and Beane decide to suffer immensely immediately so that it can be less time-consuming or controversial of a switch by trading the competent QB and keeping the guy who will force the change himself through his terrible play--and quickly.

Now that the entire team and fan base all suffered through that utter incompetence, they will rally behind Allen even more, giving him an even longer leash as he deals with his rookie growing pains.

Meanwhile, Beane is working on the phone with teams he spoke with over the Summer about acquiring a cheap (but actually capable) backup QB.

Wouldn't it be just friggin awesome if this were true :flirt:

That'd be one hell of a conspiracy.