Darby trade already one of the worst in Bills history

Yeezus

6 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Oh yay, another terrible yeezus thread... 

Honest question for you yeezus - Are you a fan of s other team trolling us? 

If you’re not, why do you post on a Bills board, or even follow the Bills, when you so clearly hate the team? 

Oh, and Darby was traded because he didn’t fit the new scheme. He was struggling badly to pick up the zone concept (which is harder to understand than man coverage). 

Seriously. Click on his profile and scroll down. It will show you all of his posts one after the other. I read the first 15 and LITERALLY every single one was "the bills suck the coach sucks the GM sucks."

Do you have a wife? Friends? Other human beings that want and choose to be around you and your misery on a daily basis, Yeezus?

6 hours ago, Yeezus said:

Eagles absolutly robbed us. They got rid of 2 useless players and got a potential all pro Cornerback that has yet to enter the prime of his career. Eagles fans are still raving about the trade. 

Trade to this day makes absolutly no sense for me. There was no reason Darby should have been traded. Huge mistake by our part and I think we will realize it this year when Vonte Davis gets injured for 90% of the season and we have no quality depth to fill his spot. 

Edited by CLTbills

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What a terrible way to justify a trade.  No offense but this is the ? that drives me crazy with nfl philosophies.  Yeah, you have get rid of a super talented man corner because there is no way he play in a zone.  What terrible logic.

if Phillips has a Kye Williams like career, good move.  Anything else, it was a bad trade.  Either we could have had a cb duo of Tre White and Darby or we could have use the Tre White pick on another need.  

I dont have a huge problem with it because this regime has been excellent with judging secondary picks.  But maybe we could have used a 1st round pick to help the least talented offense in the nfl.  

But who who needs a starting cb on a Super Bowl champion?  HE DIDN’T FIT THE SCHEME!!!

Just to play devils advocate...

Darby’s greatest strength was his quickness and ability to stick in man coverage...

his biggest weakness is the ability to find and play the ball... one of the biggest things a primary zone team needs and covets.. playmaking corners

Tre White and Last year Gaines are tremendously better at playing the ball than Darby

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wayne Cubed said:

The confit bit is right at the beginning. Confit means cooking in fat/oil/grease at a low temperature for a longer period of time. Hence the 225F for 20 mins. The second fry is only to crispin the skin.

Normaly low for 8 hours, in lard or duck fat, not oil for 20 min, but I get your point

Best wings I’ve ever had were confit at the greenhouse tavern in Cleveland. If in the area, check it out. 

7 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Davis doesn't fit the scheme. Trading Darby is because he wasn't a scheme fit is fine, but get a return for him. We got nothing for Darby. 

We got Harrison Phillips. Don't know how good he'll be, but I don't think we can call him nothing.

Darby is an average CB. At best.

Edited by Domdab99

Just now, Domdab99 said:

We got Harrison Phillips. Don't know how good he'll be, but I don't think we can call him nothing.

Darby is an average CB. At best.

Gaines had fantastic numbers when healthy and Phillips is a Buffalo guy through and through. Darby was not a fit in Mcd’s scheme and he sold high. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What a terrible way to justify a trade.  No offense but this is the ? that drives me crazy with nfl philosophies.  Yeah, you have get rid of a super talented man corner because there is no way he play in a zone.  What terrible logic.

if Phillips has a Kye Williams like career, good move.  Anything else, it was a bad trade.  Either we could have had a cb duo of Tre White and Darby or we could have use the Tre White pick on another need.  

I dont have a huge problem with it because this regime has been excellent with judging secondary picks.  But maybe we could have used a 1st round pick to help the least talented offense in the nfl.  

But who who needs a starting cb on a Super Bowl champion?  HE DIDN’T FIT THE SCHEME!!!

I share your "crazy" on this point.  I (like you, it appears) go with Wade Phillips in saying if you've got a guy who can play football, but he doesn't fit your scheme, maybe the problem is your scheme.  But the fact seems to be, in the NFL, about 6 or 7 out of 8 new HC/coordinators will merrily rip out and discard guys who have shown they can play football, because they "don't fit the scheme". 

We saw it with Marrone and his devaluing of a good OG who is still playing on good teams in this league - Andy Levitre - in favor of trying to play a decent OT, Eric Pears 6'8"  at guard, and favoring 6'7" Kouandjio as a draft OG 'fitting his scheme'. 

We saw it with Rex and his dismantling of a #4 overall D in favor of guys he needed to play his scheme

And, we're seeing it with McDermott.  Some of their trades have been guys who didn't "buy in", like Dareus and perhap Sammy.  But others they have traded or let walk are hardworking guys on rookie deals who can play in the NFL, but just don't "fit" what they want for their scheme. 

It's got to stop but the only way I know of to stop it, is to get the right HC and GM in place and let them roll until they figure it out.

• Like (+1) 1

Sigmund Bloom Retweeted Eliot Shorr-Parks

Jordan Matthews and a 3rd for Darby is looking pret-tay pret-tay good

Sigmund Bloom added,

Eliot Shorr-ParksVerified account @EliotShorrParks
Just rewatched #Eagles vs. #Falcons. My main takeaways: Fletcher Cox and Ronald Darby were both insanely good
2 replies4 retweets28 likes

Retweet