Season Excitement?

ngbills

I am always excited for opening day.  Pre-season does not give you what the team is fully capable and now that we are deemed the worst team in football I am excited to see the team prove them wrong.  NP is a great story; he had a similar experience in college where he threw a bunch of pics and then came back to have a good career at Pitt.  The kid has worked hard and now its put up or shut up.  The line is build for the run and we have a good 1,2 punch with McCoy and Ivory.  D should be decent. 
It's the first game and hope springs eternal; it also dies last.  After the first game, that's a different story.

18 minutes ago, Figster said:

Myself personally, Buffalo has gotten better and better at flying under the radar with the new regime IMO.

No reason to tip our hand in preseason play.

I can't wait...

I'm right there with you. My only concern is the O-line but fast throws and a good run game can overcome that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Reading your post made me wonder, has any team in recent memory gone into a season with a less experienced veteran at starting QB and with a rookie as their back up? It’s hard for me to believe!

I was joking about this the other day.   The Billls have a "veteran" starter with about one game worth of experience in the NFL, during which he threw five interceptions, with a rookie backup who has played two years of minor league college football.  

If it isn't a record, it's darn close.

Did the Redskins have a third QB when RGIII and Cousins were rookies?

37 minutes ago, bbb said:

I haven't been this excited about a season since 1985 

What happened to you in the early 90s?  Were you in a coma or something?

3 hours ago, ngbills said:

Sadly I am kind of rooting for Peterman to throw a bunch of picks in the opener. Just for the story line and speed up the process of Allen getting in there. I would not feel that way if I felt this team had a shot. But Peterman is probably the worst QB in a long list I have seen the Bills put out there. 

Not me. I want whichever QB is in to break the single game TD record en route to a W.

1 hour ago, Idandria said:

I’m pumped. The Bills are back baby. The NFL season is about to kick off. It’s a great time of year.

LETS GO BUFFALO!!

"Once more into the breach."

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm as excited this year as every year. I went into last season with zero expectations. After trading away alot of good talent, I really didn't see us with more than 6 wins. It was by far the most lack luster 9 win season ever. However, new years eve and the Bengals win definitely made for an unforgettable moment. 

I'm going into this season with the same expectations. I can't really see more than 6 wins. I've stated many times that I'm excited to see what Peterman can accomplish. If he somehow gets this team to 9 or 10 wins, it'll be an unbelievable comeback/underdog story. I'm also excited about Allen, but fear that seeing him  play this year means that either Peterman is hurt or our record is so bad that the coaches made the switch. Either way, it's fall, and it's football season and I'll be watching every Sunday at 1 no matter what 

Nate Petermen = Trent Edwards. Team stuck in a never ending loop until they take a chance and roll out number 17. Allen played behind a **** line, with no receivers before, he should feel at home in Buffalo. Meaningless wins are just slowing down the "PROCESS". Baltimore will win Sunday and the Bills will struggle to score a point. 

i could cut glass with my nipples if that tells you anything.

52 minutes ago, AllenWillBust said:

And yet other ppl are being uncivil to me... Hmm

you wanted attention, and now that you're getting it, you're upset that it's not the right kind?  we'll work on that with you.  i'm here for ya big guy.

• Haha (+1) 3

I try to act like I'm not about to explode from excitement, but I am.

Though I was kind of actually enjoying NOT having my emotions for 6 days of the week revolve around what happens on the first day of the week. Seriously losses stick with me until Wednesday AM at least.

Edited by Golden*Wheels

2 hours ago, Jobot said:

Gotta love the misguided Peterman negativity on here....

Has anyone ever paid attention to what type of draft compensation you can get for even a competent qb??  The MOST important thing that everyone needs to be rooting for this year is for Peterman to woo over the other GMs.

Not for a guy like him though. Just dont see it. He was gone if AJM showed anything.