Season Excitement?

ngbills

I remain hopeful.  My biggest concerns remain the trenches especially O line... secondly the WR and linebacker positions. Though there is talent there it is interesting that McD rarely put all the starters together at once and flipped other guys in a lot. It is hard for me to tell what the Bills might have and cohesion takes time to develop so along with the tough sched I cant see the Bills getting off to a fast start even if the competition was less.  Baptism by fire right off the bat and it could get ugly.  Expectations pretty low at this point.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is the least excited that I’ve maybe ever been. With that being said it can turn quickly if Allen looks like a player. For me this year was never about wins and losses. It was about clearing the cap and drafting a franchise QB. The job is half done. If Allen proves to be that guy the Bills may become contenders sooner rather than later. I will be REALLY excited for the 2019 season.

Exactly. For me it was never about “this year”, because this is the year to set us up for the future with cap space and a QB. I don’t need to win a ton of games as much as I want to see progress and encouraging play from some young guys along with solid coaching and effort. 

• Like (+1) 2

I'm very excited about the state of the organization. We have a great coach, great GM, great owner and a franchise QB.

I don't know much about Daboll. I expect our D to be effective and keep us in games we have no business keeping close. I expect Peterman to play about as well as TT, nothing more. Last year that was enough for a wild card. 

No amount of koolaid can get me excited for our dollar store OL. Maybe we can coach these no names up Belichick style but I'm not expecting it. 

We have built a foundation

3 hours ago, teef said:

i could cut glass with my nipples if that tells you anything.

you wanted attention, and now that you're getting it, you're upset that it's not the right kind?  we'll work on that with you.  i'm here for ya big guy.

Not really, just questioning a double standard.

6 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Am I wrong for initially reading the thread title as "Season Excrement?" ;)

Time will tell......

5 hours ago, White Linen said:

Why did you have to be told?  Maybe because you weren't being civil?

Now you're telling a vet poster to be civil?  Just post by example and move forward.  

You're negative on the team - can you not understand that some people just don't want to read that from you on every post?

May I politely remind our community that feeding the trolls is just what they are looking for? They crave attention for whatever reason. Starve them and they go away. 

(But never soon enough.) 

• Like (+1) 1

Bills football is an experience and a ritual I look forward to every year, on a level that supersedes where we finish in the standings any given season. Of course, it's so much sweeter when we get seasons like last year. 

But I'm as excited as I am any other season to watch our boys play. I hope they do exactly what they did last season - win 4-5 more games than anybody (myself included, both this year and last) expects.

Excitement level is extremely low for me. 

The Bills don't look like a good team, and they appear to be in a rebuilding year. We're likely looking at double digit losses combined with possibly the worst offense in the league so watching on Sundays is going to be pretty tough. 

8 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is the least excited that I’ve maybe ever been. With that being said it can turn quickly if Allen looks like a player. For me this year was never about wins and losses. It was about clearing the cap and drafting a franchise QB. The job is half done. If Allen proves to be that guy the Bills may become contenders sooner rather than later. I will be REALLY excited for the 2019 season.

Dont forget Edmunds. 

Generational talents

4 minutes ago, GoodHands15 said:

Dont forget Edmunds. 

Generational talents

I’m excited about Edmunds but even if he’s good and Allen isn’t we are in trouble. If the Bills found their QB, have 10 picks and up to $100M in cap space they will be fine. Everything else is a bonus (lagniappe as we’d say in New Orleans). 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m excited about Edmunds but even if he’s good and Allen isn’t we are in trouble. If the Bills found their QB, have 10 picks and up to $100M in cap space they will be fine. Everything else is a bonus (lagniappe as we’d say in New Orleans). 

This is when Dynasties are made 

3 minutes ago, GoodHands15 said:

This is when Dynasties are made 

Oh I agree but if you don’t have the QB you can’t have a dynasty. That was kind of my point. We took Tre White last year who can be an ELITE CB but you can’t win multiple titles without the elite QB. You can win one but can’t consistently contend without one. The Bills need to be right about Allen and need to hit at a high % in 2019.

15 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Oh I agree but if you don’t have the QB you can’t have a dynasty. That was kind of my point. We took Tre White last year who can be an ELITE CB but you can’t win multiple titles without the elite QB. You can win one but can’t consistently contend without one. The Bills need to be right about Allen and need to hit at a high % in 2019.

If Allen didn’t have such a big arm. I’d be concerned

But he’s so big and so poised that I don’t think the hits will phase him.

He held the ball 2 long 2-3 times last week. And I think it was the first time he learned that he has to take what’s there. He can no longer wait an extra .5 seconds and sit on the deep ball.

Its almost like he knew the throws were there to be had. Wanted to see if the deep route was there. And now it’s like....damn that first throw I knew was open isn’t open anymore.

Im very excited he can learn behind Nate. Nate is a cerebral QB, to the point where his football IQ is that of top tier QBs...truely believe that. 

If even 23% of Nate’s football IQ can rub off on Allen. We be fine. Real fine.

Edited by GoodHands15

1 hour ago, GoodHands15 said:

If Allen didn’t have such a big arm. I’d be concerned

But he’s so big and so poised that I don’t think the hits will phase him.

He held the ball 2 long 2-3 times last week. And I think it was the first time he learned that he has to take what’s there. He can no longer wait an extra .5 seconds and sit on the deep ball.

Its almost like he knew the throws were there to be had. Wanted to see if the deep route was there. And now it’s like....damn that first throw I knew was open isn’t open anymore.

Im very excited he can learn behind Nate. Nate is a cerebral QB, to the point where his football IQ is that of top tier QBs...truely believe that. 

If even 23% of Nate’s football IQ can rub off on Allen. We be fine. Real fine.

I hope Allen has a higher football IQ than Peterman.