ESPN 2018 NFL Preview - Bills Ranked 32nd with Super Bowl Chance of 0.1%

26CornerBlitz

6 minutes ago, teef said:

i don't take it seriously at all.  i come on here to talk about the bills and kid around.  you came up with a specific name and avatar so people would notice you.  it seems like you take internet forums a bit too seriously.  again, i don't need a computer to get attention.  you seem like you need to be "creative" for anyone to actually take notice of you.  it's sad.

it's not.  he's trying to deflect so he doesn't have to face how sad his existence is.  if you realized that you weren't interesting, you might try the same thing as allenwillbust.

If you recognize he's doing it for attention then why do you keep giving it to him.

2 minutes ago, AllenWillBust said:

OMG, you have it backwards...  

says the guy who is desperate for attention.

Just now, Warcodered said:

If you recognize he's doing it for attention then why do you keep giving it to him.

he needs it and i have a weak schedule today. it kinda worked out perfectly for us.

12 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Based on what.

A QB who's only half of football tossed 5 INTS?

Well, certainly not one half of football last year, no.  That is seemingly the basis for virtually all the doom and gloom and snark from the national media folks. If your question is serious, here is my view.

1. Peterman's performance in camp and preseason indicates significant growth in his understanding and awareness.  Do I think he is a "savior"?  Of course not.  I think he is adequate to hold down the fort until Allen is ready.  He will throw more interceptions than Taylor in all likelihood, but he will also throw more completions and probably more touchdowns.  When people discuss Taylor's lack of turnovers, they never mention his incredible rate of 3 and outs.  I think Peterman will be better, on balance, than Taylor.  He will at least be willing to throw the ball.

2. Dennison is gone and I believe we will have a much more diverse and adaptable scheme this year, which will help to grind out first downs and avoid continual 3 and out drives.  The scheme will help Peterman to manage the offense.

3. The common belief is we have the "worst group of WRs in the game".  I call BS on that.  In reality, a healthy Benjamin, Jones, and Kerley are actually better that what they started with last year.  Is that great, no its not.  They have weapons at tight end and in the backfield to compliment and this seems adequate to me, and better than we were last year at this time.

4. The OL is problematic certainly.  Ugly performance in preseason.  However, we know from past experience that Groy can play, so can Dawkins, and Mills is serviceable.  Ducasse is a weak point, but his play improved over the course of last year and he is playing a new position.  Miller need to perform, Ducasse needs to get it sooner than later, and the line needs to gell.  I expect them to struggle early in protection but get better as the year progresses.  Losing Richie hurts.

5. I have also heard people say the Bills have the worst DL in the NFL.  Again, I call BS.  We have not seen the entire starting unit together this preseason, so questions remain, but this is improved from last year not worse.  Is it good enough when scheming for opponents, we will see.

6. Edmunds is not the player yet he will be by mid year or year end, but he has shown improvement with game action.  Major upgrade over Preston Brown.  Milano's struggles in the preseason have been disconcerting but he was very good last year and seemed to respond well to McD taking him off the starting unit for a couple of weeks.  Depth here could be better but is at least as good as last year and I believe a little better.

7. CB 2 along with nickel CB are concerns.  One area (in addition to OL)  that I think they may have taken a step back.

All in all, I expect a bit of a rough start.  If they can go 2 and 2 or even 1 and 3 to start while some of this comes together a bit, I think they are good enough for 7 to 9 wins.  A 2 and 5 start is a distinct possibility. 6 wins is the absolute floor in my mind and 10 the absolute best (if they get off to a better start than expected) , but more likely somewhere in the middle.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Did you go to school on Bangkok?

30 minutes ago, Gugny said:

No.  Gugny.

Gugny is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Trzcianne, within Mońki County, Podlaskie Voivodeship, in north-eastern Poland.

but I thought you were 100% American 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

If we avoid major injuries the Bills will win 9-10 games this year. Gotta have faith and Billieve!

Peterman will prove half the haters wrong and our O-line will magically look good with him under center.

hater:  definition, someone who is hoping that the 5-INT man doesn't fall on his face again and ruin the 2018 season before half-time of Week 1.

I'm (not) sorry but as a Bills fan I love this. Always the under dog and always looked over. "Analysts" continually pick against the Bills and rightfully so with this roster. There's nothing greater than proving the national media wrong and showing that even with all the stats these analysts can't figure out the Bills. Before we get all pessimistic let's wait and see a full actual game that counts. 

9 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

If we avoid major injuries the Bills will win 9-10 games this year. Gotta have faith and Billieve!

Peterman will prove half the haters wrong and our O-line will magically look good with him under center.

I'm on board. LET'S GO BABY

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, thurst44 said:

True. Lazy journalisming annoys me though, and the fact that it happens almost every year and yet they keep on doing it is tiresome. They're ESPN for crying out loud -- they're supposed to be the gold standard (key word: supposed).

It's not "lazy journalism."

All these people can do is analyze past metrics and make speculations about the future, which is very hard to do.

Further, there is always a lot of ups and downs in the league from 1 year to the next.

After 3 or 4 weeks, we'll know who the good teams are, who the bad teams are, who's greatly improved, who's a lot worse, etc.

And then it will be much easier to make rankings for 2018.