EJ Manuel Cut

JPP

2 minutes ago, QCity said:

"Hey, he's only played 14 games"

Keep calm .  EJ s still a rookie ?

3 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

Did you nake make a mistake editing ?  :)

This is football not a school .  Whether or not EJ is a high character guy was never the question .  The question was whether or not he was a viable NFL QB. 

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The guy would have been a 4th round pick but inexplicably was thrust into round 1 by an out of touch dinosaur. Everyone acts like they feel bad for him. He’s one of the worst QBs I have ever seen and never made any progress from week 1 of his rookie year. The Guy was just handed money and jobs year after year because one guy overdrafted him. He is one of the luckiest guys in NFL history. 

In fairness it was an awful year for QB's period.  Don't think we wanted Geno either.

"Matt Cassel is still playing."

Mind-boggling.  He's the NFL equivalent of a bad MLB middle-reliever.

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

In fairness it was an awful year for QB's period.  Don't think we wanted Geno either.

"Matt Cassel is still playing."

Mind-boggling.  He's the NFL equivalent of a bad MLB middle-reliever.

...amazing isn't it?.....the decline and desperation of the QB spot.......we also have Jimmy "The Pickle" Clausen and Matt "Big Valley" Barkley waiting in the wings .....should we br......naw can't do that..........:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The guy would have been a 4th round pick but inexplicably was thrust into round 1 by an out of touch dinosaur. Everyone acts like they feel bad for him. He’s one of the worst QBs I have ever seen and never made any progress from week 1 of his rookie year. The Guy was just handed money and jobs year after year because one guy overdrafted him. He is one of the luckiest guys in NFL history. 

Obviously hyperbole! Is this a new phenomenon?

I think your view of EJ is based upon  where he was drafted...It only takes one team to value a player with a first round grade. Nix's liked him as a prospect but it didn't workout.

EJ's a very good guy and model teammate on & off the field. Teams miss on QB prospects every year, get over it. 

The QB position is always overvalued, IMO.

Exhibit A-

Mike Glennon (his signings borders on the criminal)

Mark Sanchez

Derek Anderson (how is he still in the league? mind boggling) 

Any McCown brother

Jay Cutler

Ryan Fitzpatrick (I love the guy)

David Gerrard

Josh Freeman

37 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I'm honestly surprised he's lasted this long 

....why?...he was a product of the league renowned "OBD Mecca Of QB Selection & Development".....only a chosen few enter that program .......364 thank their lucky stars for "missing out"....