Aaron Donald get extension, 6-year $135mm

Watkins90

10 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Gonna be interesting when it’s goffs turn

Cap keeps going up and they will not being paying Suh, Talib and Whitford then. That's ~$35 million right there. 

6 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

No DT is worth that 

He produces better numbers than most defensive ends and outside linebackers. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

That prices us out of Mack.  22.5m per year is madness for a DT.  He will never live up to those numbers. With 40m guaranteed he takes a step back this year and by next year people wonder why LA spent so much on him. 

If he’s in the def player of the year convo he is

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

That prices us out of Mack.  22.5m per year is madness for a DT.  He will never live up to those numbers. With 40m guaranteed he takes a step back this year and by next year people wonder why LA spent so much on him. 

No it doesn’t. It may price others out but not a team with a QB on a rookie deal and no high priced players!! The Packers may be out at that level. This is good news for the Bills pursuit of Mack.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

No it doesn’t. It may price others out but not a team with a QB on a rookie deal and no high priced players!! The Packers may be out at that level. This is good news for the Bills pursuit of Mack.

It’s true.  There was always a limited market for Mack, due to his age and salary demands.  This narrows it further, and lowers the compensation that the Raiders can command.

• Like (+1) 2

Donald is the most dominant defensive force in this league. Regardless of his position, he deserves that contract. At the rate he’s going, he’ll be in the conversation for top-5 all time best defenders in history when his career is over. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

He produces better numbers than most defensive ends and outside linebackers. 

I wouldn't even pay that money to a defensive end or LB, only to a QB. I know my opinion may be an unpopular one but I've seen these deals blow up way too often. They'll get three years out of him and then he'll be a cap casualty.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Correct.  The Jets are another real possibility.  What you are paying for is a player that the offense has to account for and scheme around on every single play - something we haven't really had here since #78 retired.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Correct.  The Jets are another real possibility.  What you are paying for is a player that the offense has to account for and scheme around on every single play - something we haven't really had here since #78 retired.

I think that the Bills and Jets are the favorites now. 

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I wouldn't even pay that money to a defensive end or LB, only to a QB. I know my opinion may be an unpopular one but I've seen these deals blow up way too often. They'll get three years out of him and then he'll be a cap casualty.

Goff will no doubt get paid in a couple of years.  So Goff and Donald will be their core pieces on offense and defense, respectively.  Suh is only there for the next year or two, then will be gone, after the Rams make their short-term SB push.  We'll see what happens after that in the longer term.