Starters for the final game

Virgil

Is it strange to anyone that we haven’t named our starters at key positions yet?  The final preseason game is tomorrow. 

Also, if Peterman gets the nod, should he play longer tomorrow since he only got one game with the starters?

I worry a little about the lack of cohesion amongst our offensive starters as we drag out the competition. I know that teams like the Rams rested everyone, but they played together all of last year with success.  

Our QB and offensive line need that cohesion time. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Dablitzkrieg said:

McDermott most likely won't name the starting QB until he has too, most likely the week of game day.  He thinks it gives him an advantage.  But I have news for him, behind this crappy o-line, it doesn't matter

There are things an OC can do to manipulate the offense in order to compensate for poor pass protection.  I want to see this from Daboll.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

There are things an OC can do to manipulate the offense in order to compensate for poor pass protection.  I want to see this from Daboll.

Damn right!!  I expect every TE to chip consistently, but the interior scares the hell out of me.  RPO's need to be in the playbook consistently as well

9 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

There is no penalty for saying a guy is starting and then not playing him. I’d announce the 3rd string qb as the starter and then start a different guy against the Ravens.

Pretty sneaky, sis!

I’m not disagreeing with what any of you are saying, but it worries me that none of our QB’s have received the normal amount of starting reps so far this preseason and training camp nor has the entire offensive line and the season starts in 10 days

21 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Is it strange to anyone that we haven’t named our starters at key positions yet?  The final preseason game is tomorrow. 

Also, if Peterman gets the nod, should he play longer tomorrow since he only got one game with the starters?

I worry a little about the lack of cohesion amongst our offensive starters as we drag out the competition. I know that teams like the Rams rested everyone, but they played together all of last year with success.  

Our QB and offensive line need that cohesion time. 

I thought most of the coaches feel that they are getting that cohesion time more in TC than in the game.  

20 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

McDermott most likely won't name the starting QB until he has too, most likely the week of game day.  He thinks it gives him an advantage.  But I have news for him, behind this crappy o-line, it doesn't matter

That why as Lombardi and Romo have suggested they should let Allen play.

i think

Josh Allen could start week 1 (cant argue w the logic if they choose JA)

Nate Peterman should start week 1 (his preseason numbers are great.  if he plays well tomorrow he will have earned the right IMHO)

AJ McCarron will start week 1 (the coaches safety blanket and the perceived steadiest hand on a shaky ship -- will pick him to appease the vets on the team)

Edited by Bill Murray

Do we really think someone as detail oriented as McD doesn't already know who his day one starter is? Just because he's humming and hawing over it with media doesn't mean a thing. Regardless of who gets the bulk of the load tomorrow, expect heavy doses of Cadet, Ford and Taiwan Jones via handoffs. 

The only players on offense I'd have in street clothes tomorrow would be McCoy, Benjamin Murphy, Ivory and Clay.

After that pitiful performance Sunday I'd have the starters on the o-line play a half, they need the work. If one or more of them look like garbage again, get Teller, Bodine or some guy from the stands in for them.

All of the defensive starters should be in street clothes

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I’m not disagreeing with what any of you are saying, but it worries me that none of our QB’s have received the normal amount of starting reps so far this preseason and training camp nor has the entire offensive line and the season starts in 10 days

Dont worry. Trust the process. They know who the best guys are. I’d be more interested in them getting  more of them in the trenches, particularly interior O line and end. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Damn right!!  I expect every TE to chip consistently, but the interior scares the hell out of me.  RPO's need to be in the playbook consistently as well

I didnt see the first half mess but has anyone seen the RPO in the last 2 games at all? I have not. Perhaps the last 2 games were more about the OL then they were about QB.

58 minutes ago, Virgil said:

To me, this shows up with timing between the QB and the WR corps.  The first team WR's don't seem to have developed any rhythm with any of the three quarterbacks, except maybe Peterman.... but Benjamin at least has some prior experience with him.