Bucky and Sully are baaaack...

HansLanda

Sully still hasn't a clue about his audience.     

Your shtick worked with negative fans that enjoyed wallowing in their pessimism and you helped them with that.  Those fans didn't hate you because of frustration with their teams - they liked you for it.  Problem is you alienated the majority pandering to them.  Now you think they are going to read your content now and support you?  The pessimist doesn't search for news as much as the majority - so you'll fail again. 

2 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

I thought Sullivan would have moved to Boston by now.

If you're implying he will go home, he's from Providence, RI.

Bucky I have no use for; Sully is a very good writer.  He did get stuck in a rut of criticism for the sake of it, IMO, but after a generation of that being the right take, it was hard for him to change I guess.

The folks here who hate these guys are not their intended market anyway.

5 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Bucky I have no use for; Sully is a very good writer.  He did get stuck in a rut of criticism for the sake of it, IMO, but after a generation of that being the right take, it was hard for him to change I guess.

He's actually from Newport...........He had some great columns in him - but they came out not very often.  And, never by the end.  Most of his columns were the same old negative drivel. 

This was his typical prick self coming out on Sunday after Dalton's first TD pass:

11 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Exactly, and their market isn't large enough to draw readers.  The content needs to change but based on his comments - he shows no understanding of why and who stopped reading him. 

Edited by White Linen

34 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

No, he's not

Good!  I happen to miss them and their unvarnished pessimism.  The Bills & Sabres, until they win their first championship, need a kick in the arse constantly.  Bravo to both of them.

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha, did anyone miss them??? They are the worst.  

I did.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Good!  I happen to miss them and their unvarnished pessimism.  The Bills & Sabres, until they win their first championship, need a kick in the arse constantly.  Bravo to both of them.

Good God!   Do you really think hacks like Sully and the Buckster have any influence on the teams they cover???  :doh:  

smh...

Edited by Lurker

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Good God!   Do you really think hacks like Sully and the Buckster have any influence on the teams they cover???  :doh:  

smh...

Didn't say they have an influence.  Hacks?  Not hardly.  I appreciate the fact that they call things like they see them and don't sugarcoat it.  If you're shaking (or smacking) your head, please...don't stop on my account.

Edited by Peace Frog

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

Didn't say they have an influence.  Hacks?  Not hardly.  I appreciate the fact that they call things like they see them and don't sugarcoat it.  If you're shaking (or smacking) your head, please...don't stop on my account.

They are hacks anyone can recycle takes. 

• Like (+1) 1

So what the BN gives us now is "some soft, sterilized version" of the truth?  And Bucky & Sully were the heroes who delivered the real truth? 

I guess it makes them feel better to see the world that way.

"Nobody needed to remind me that Buffalo fans are among the most resilient in sports. But they shouldn’t be taken for fools, either. They watch the games. They know the score. They deserve an honest assessment rather than some soft, sterilized version that has been designed to paint a happy face for the sake of selling subscriptions."

4 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

So what the BN gives us now is "some soft, sterilized version" of the truth?  And Bucky & Sully were the heroes who delivered the real truth? 

I guess it makes them feel better to see the world that way.

"Nobody needed to remind me that Buffalo fans are among the most resilient in sports. But they shouldn’t be taken for fools, either. They watch the games. They know the score. They deserve an honest assessment rather than some soft, sterilized version that has been designed to paint a happy face for the sake of selling subscriptions."

I heard Sully say less than 6 months ago on the Tim Graham show that he has very little regard for Buffalo fans.  Not only is a prick, but he's a lying hypocrite. 

Nothing brings out emotional responses on this board like old Sully! He is just a sportswriter who offers opinions!

3 minutes ago, bbb said:

I heard Sully say less than 6 months ago on the Tim Graham show that he has very little regard for Buffalo fans.  Not only is a prick, but he's a lying hypocrite. 

So what, why lose sleep over it!