Who wants to try and win this year, and who wants to see development?

Steptide

30 minutes ago, dayman said:

Agreed. Just win baby.

A little thought exercise--imagine we win the Superbowl. Feels good. What a rush. Then what? Then nothing. Your life won't change. Nothing magical happens.  Ultimately, the key to this whole football fan thing is enjoying Sundays as much as possible. No point in pissing a single Sunday down the drain. 

Amen and double Amen.

I just wanna win as many games as possible. while many were pissed because we went to playoffs last year and lost in the first round.  I thought it was awesome because it made the stretch run of November and December fun for once.  I want to do it again this year.  Winning is fun.  Losing sucks.

Besides, I don't know about the rest of yall, but I'm getting older by the minute. I've done enough losing for one lifetime and I've only been a bills fan since 1996.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

Coming off of the draft I think most would have said development.  Camp made us a little too optimistic for the coming season.  I think that we have too many areas of uncertainty to expect anything other than development.  Keep our 2019 picks and have more expectations for that season.

That's how I feel. Let Allen play just enough to continue to learn & develop, but not at the expense of getting him hurt. We realistically don't have the personnel to get to the playoffs this year. Go crazy on Oline & Dline improvements in 19 and  then our expectations can be higher. 

Again perspective here gang.  The answer is both.  After making the playoffs many thought we were knocking at the door of greatness, we weren’t  hecki I even saw we should have not traded Tyrod. Simply remarkable and short sighted.  Does anyone really think Taylor was a franchise quarterback?  He would assure six to eight wins we have to sell tickets.  Kim and terry know that if the team can win seven plus games, their stadium will be packed so we need a competitive team while building for the future and they have accomplished that goal.  We are getting better and in a few years we will be a beast the final word

The plan was to take a step back this year. They need to clear dead cap space and get some experience for these young QBs. 

If you really listen to what they have been saying you can tell last year was a surprise and even if they kept players there’s no room for improvement. They moved on from trading water and are looking at long term success. 

Trust the process and embrace the change. 

Just now, The Final Word said:

Again perspective here gang.  The answer is both.  After making the playoffs many thought we were knocking at the door of greatness, we weren’t  hecki I even saw we should have not traded Tyrod. Simply remarkable and short sighted.  Does anyone really think Taylor was a franchise quarterback?  He would assure six to eight wins we have to sell tickets.  Kim and terry know that if the team can win seven plus games, their stadium will be packed so we need a competitive team while building for the future and they have accomplished that goal.  We are getting better and in a few years we will be a beast the final word

nice to see you again dunkirk.

• Haha (+1) 1

I want to see some huge losses so I can be convinced we are on the right path to development. 

No way do I want to trade wins with the false hope of development. 

Is this some sort of a joke?  The lack of logic on this board is convincing me that the earth is flat. 

Both - no one lines up to lose. But this team is at least 2-3 years from potential to win SB. All else doesn't really matter. They got their franchise QB, now we need to win in the trenches on both sides of the ball. OL/DL play was horrific. Duckass lead our team in sacks with his backside! I would be very surprised to see 6 wins, but I will be at the Raven's game wearing the colors! Go Bills!

Peterman/McCarron are the best bets for this time to start the season. If we win a decent amount of games, let them play for a while. If not, pull them and let the Allen era begin around mid-season. I'd like Allen to start Week 8 and spend the rest of the season learning the position at this level. The D has regressed and our Oline is not winning us more than 5 games so we don't have the option to choose "win now"; we're only left with win later.

2 hours ago, teef said:

If Allen and Edmunds both look like they’re going to develop into the guys we need them to be, I’ll be satisfied. I just don’t know what to think after the Cincy game. It had that Rex Ryan type disorganization to it. 

My buddy said the same thing about the game looking Rex iSH.

And it looked a little MarroneISH with the no challenge on flag on the 3rd down dive.    May have been overturned, but either way, what a perfect time to take a few minutes and set up a 4th down play to get that last foot or so.  Would have changed things drastically.

• Thank you (+1) 1