Seantrel Henderson & Kouandjio

ehfeuh57

So both of these O lineman were essentially kicked to the curb, with none to really replace them as depth

They are both currently on other NFL rosters.

Meanwhile we are reeling at our O-line depth and starters for that matter.

Just now, DrDare said:

So both of these O lineman were essentially kicked to the curb, with none to really replace them as depth

Agreed, it was dumb as hell to let those guys go.  Neither were ever going to be perennial all pros, but i figure they would both be starters over the dumpster fire OL we have today

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDare said:

Geno Smith is on an NFL roster too. Doesn't mean he should be or will contribute.

• Like (+1) 9

Just now, dorquemada said:

Did you watch the game yesterday?

Everything should be judged off one pre-season game. How did Henderson & Kouandjio look in their 3rd pre-season games?

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Did you watch Henderson and Kujo when they were here?  There’s a reason why they don’t start, just like Newhouse and Bodine.

You can employ clever rhetorical devices, but you can't cover up the fact that the O line is as bad if not worse than any time in recent memory.  they made the bengals look like the return of the steel curtain or the NY Sack Exchange

6 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Everything should be judged off one pre-season game. How did Henderson & Kouandjio look in their 3rd pre-season games?

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Did you watch Henderson and Kujo when they were here?  There’s a reason why they don’t start, just like Newhouse and Bodine.

For what it's worth, Henderson is the starting RT for Houston.

4 million per year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

At least 2 pre-season games have warned us. CLE and CIN abused our OL. Unless they have allergies to the AFC Central, we have serious O-Line issues that need to be addressed.

Henderson had good potential but they gave up on him.   I thought he had a serious medical condition?  

Kuanjo would still not be starting ahead of Mills or Dawkins. 

We are thin at OT and even worse at OG and C.  

I expect we will be picking up other teams cuts.   This OL is going to be a problem.   

Henderson spent the better part of two years on IR or inactive, had a preexisting issue that led him to being suspended twice.

Kouandijo has a knee issue that causes him to have an ineffective knee bend limiting where he can play on the line.  Not to mention the little matter of being naked in a field at 3am and spending time in an hospital for mental issues.

Next please.

2 minutes ago, B Fan in LA said:

I don't miss those 2, Henderson and Kouandjio.

The guy I miss is Richie Incognito.

What a stupid decision that was, to ask him to take a pay cut.

How'd that work out ?

Been reading the news much?  

Ritchie is lost and in need of mental health help. Something triggered in the Jacksonville game and he has gotten worse.  

The pay pay cut was not the problem and he could have said no. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

the O-line was dominated in 2 straight pre-season games, and was an issue last year even with Wood and Incognito.  

5 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Henderson had good potential but they gave up on him.   I thought he had a serious medical condition?  

Kuanjo would still not be starting ahead of Mills or Dawkins. 

We are thin at OT and even worse at OG and C.  

I expect we will be picking up other teams cuts.   This OL is going to be a problem.   

I agree, we will be scanning and grabbing other teams cuts.  Hopefully some teams are "stacked" at O-line and we can find a starter, or decent backup.  Although a "decent backup" may be starter material on this line.  

Henderson, I believe, won the starting RT job in Houston. However, yesterday after that debacle, many an analyst were proclaiming the Bills the worst OL in the league. Several people chimed in with, "Houston would like to have a word" so, sounds like they aren't in any better shape than the Bills are at this point. 

And Kouandjio is a back up in... Denver now? And they had a pretty rough OL for several seasons. Kouandjio also couldn't catch on in Detroit which also has a less than stellar OL.

I felt like Henderson could've been a pretty solid player if he had his head on straight, which he did after his rookie year here. Injuries and illness and the suspensions really derailed things for him but hey, maybe he'll turn it around in Houston. 

2 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Been reading the news much?  

Ritchie is lost and in need of mental health help. Something triggered in the Jacksonville game and he has gotten worse.  

The pay pay cut was not the problem and he could have said no. 

If you want to take wild guesses at what triggered Cogs, Id bet more on his father passing away, Tony Sprano who by his own word was like a father to him passing away, his team devaluing him asking for a pay cut, best friend forced to retire then his career kinda fizzeling out. Shoot, I may yell at funerals if all that happened to me,over a 3 month span.

29 minutes ago, DrDare said:

We already have one guy on the team running around naked in the off season. We don't need two AND who are they replacing? With depth like that it's called shallow.