SECOND HALF THREAD: Cincinnati at Buffalo- Preseason Game #3 4pm ET

Just now, Binghamton Beast said:

I’d LOVE to see Miller and Clay cut.

I agree at this point. Clay is NOT a blocker... and he half-asses catches IMO. I'd rather save cap room with Clay and go with Croom, Lee and O'Leary for our TE's.

Can someone explain to me why a lot of experts seem to think O'Leary should be cut, but Logan Thomas stays? I have seen nothing out of Logan T to warrant him STILL being some "project TE." I get he is tall, and has some speed... but never makes plays, hands and blocking are average at best

Just now, stevestojan said:

I turned it off before the half. Does Peterman really look as good as that stat line???

He looks good, but 2d team defense is not the same as 1st team defense. And, our starters are still out there.

23 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

Allen isn't the problem. the problem is the GM of this football team has ignored multiple position of needs for 2 offseasons now, traded away our best young players and failed to replace them. 

How dare you criticize the McDermott/Beane regime!  After breaking the playoff drought, they deserve to be properly worshipped for at least the next 5 years.  You can't blame them for players who aren't interested in blocking or tackling in a preseason game.  Probably Allen isn't ready to start yet anyways.  Once the coaches get the OL to gel, and they start game planning, both the offense and defense will improve immensely.  You have to believe in the process!

//sarcasm off

Allen is the quarterback of the future period.  If you recall, he was number one on our draft board for months prior to the draft. He possesses all of the tangibles but requires additional work with his footwork.  Will be corrected this year.  Although Josh started today’s games which traditionally means he would be starting the first game.  Many novices would obviously jump to this conclusion and it most cases would be warranted but not in this case.  Those close to the happenings at obd though realize the rationale for McDermott decision for today’s game.  The plan was and still is not to start Allen at quarterback day 1.  I knew before the start of action today, Peterman will be our starting quarterback for the first game and THAT IS THE FINAL WORD.   PS I will try to provide the site with expert clarifications and happenings as the season progresses

Only hope I have for this OL is that they really need some time together.  

We lost Wood and Incognito and have a whole lot of shuffling along the line.  

Not an excuse for what weve seen in Preseason Game 2&3, but it’s all I’ve got to hang hope on.   

We should be ALL OVER any halfway decent interior linemen on the waiver wire. 

5 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Quick release makes the OL look less crappy, jump balls doesn't require KB to get separation every play. Better man for the job? Of course if he keeps his penchant for picks that all doesn't matter. The net negative is beyond a good drive or 2

Going against BUs make the OL look better. 

KB catching the ball helps as well 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PolishPrince said:

I agree at this point. Clay is NOT a blocker... and he half-asses catches IMO. I'd rather save cap room with Clay and go with Croom, Lee and O'Leary for our TE's.

Can someone explain to me why a lot of experts seem to think O'Leary should be cut, but Logan Thomas stays? I have seen nothing out of Logan T to warrant him STILL being some "project TE." I get he is tall, and has some speed... but never makes plays, hands and blocking are average at best

Cutting Clay is really stupid. You don’t save any money and he is by far our best TE.