Do we take Shady McCoy for granted??

Just a little change of pace , but anyone play the new Madden by chance? Shady is given a ton of respect on the field and in the commentary.

He's one of the best weapons in the game, HB/WR/TE , they really nailed his ability in 19 , making him elite in the run and pass game and a nightmare for the opposition , EA went out of their way to give Shady the credit he deserves in terms of his elite and rare playmaking abilities in this version.

He is probably the most popular RB I've seen (I play online head to head) in Madden Ultimate Team , commonly referred to as MUT, because of his versatility and playmaking ability. 

Quotes like these from commentators -

"I feel we take Shady McCoy for granted. He has played in 12 or more games since his 09 rookie year." 

" Even though he just turned 30 , with his running style and ability to avoid contact, I feel he has 3 more great years in him. "

They obviously show love to alot of players but again, they went above and beyond the way they talk about Shady compared to other players. 

It got me thinking. Do we take Shady for granted? Is he so good that we're just used to it? Even in his 2 -3 runs vs Cle , he pops off the screen . He's just  procceses the game quicker and makes quicker decisions than probably everybody else on the field and has had a phenomenal 3 years in Buffalo, with Tyrod Taylor and a passing game that didn't throw for 300+ yards in those 3 years! 

Imagine how much better he'd be with a pass game? Man he gets so overlooked imo on a national level and even local . I think ppl definitely don't give him the credit he's due and feel he's easily a top 3 back right now. The availability as well is just unheard of for a RB with his workload, but as already mentioned, his running style is so rare, he's able to avoid big hits and plays super smart. Rare talent , if Allen works out , with that arm ? Shady is going to have a Monster year , 2k from scrimmage type of year.

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1

No, i don't think we take him for granted. During the Tyrod years i think everyone of us realized he was our only legitimate offensive weapon. Our whole offense revolved around him. Anytime we ever got a hint of an injury scare with him, you could feel the collective gasp & fright in the air, that our whole teams success fell in the balance.

So no I don't think we take him for granted. The only "negative' to Shady in fans eyes would be his contract or off field "stuff". But the man can play football & is as versatile of a back that we've had here since Thurman Thomas.

I also don't think he's gets neglected on a national level. Its our team that gets neglected lol

Edited by brianthomas
  • Like (+1) 1

Yes, we constantly bemoan our offensive weapons when comparing ourselves to other teams, meanwhile we have one of the top 10 offensive weapons in the NFL.  

Hopefully with Josh Allen, and a non-prehistoric OC, Shady can finally get some room to operate this year. 

• Like (+1) 2

I don't think he's taken for granted. Unfortunately he's going into his sunset of his career where he can probably produce at a high level for next 2 years or so. By the time Allen develops  into a passing threat and respected  QB, Shady will be done most likely in Buffalo and possibly the NFL. McBeane needs to find his heir apparent pronto.

19 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

So they are trading him back to the Eagles?

Hope they at least get a third..

A third of the Eagles roster? I could live with that... ?

You know, for the right third. 

• Haha (+1) 1