Possible Jets-Raiders trade

RPbillsfan

7 hours ago, PirateHookerMD said:

Gruden loved Peterman coming out. If AJ is fine, bundle Peterman in a Mack trade. 

I'll see you a Bridgewater and raise you a Peterman. Not going to happen.  Teddy will be the most sought after QB if he's released. I just can't see the Jest doing this. As much as I love Mack's ability,  I just don't want to commit over $100M again on a defensive player.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I think it would take more than a backup QB and one 1st rounder. Regardless of contract or whatever the New Jersey Jets would have to include multiple firsts in any sort of deal in my opinion 

That is insane !!  There’s no way even the Jets would do something stupid like that   (IMO) potentially a top 10 pick and OVER a $100 million contract for a LB/edge rusher ?? 

I would love to see Mack in red/white/blue but I can’t imagine McBean giving up a next year 1st  , it was of the table this year when trying to get a franchise QB , there’s NO way he gives up a 1st and a ridiculous contract on TOP of that , 

Thats what I think ? 

15 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'll see you a Bridgewater and raise you a Peterman. Not going to happen.  Teddy will be the most sought after QB if he's released. I just can't see the Jest doing this. As much as I love Mack's ability,  I just don't want to commit over $100M again on a defensive player.

This ^^^ 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Putin said:

That is insane !!  There’s no way even the Jets would do something stupid like that   (IMO) potentially a top 10 pick and OVER a $100 million contract for a LB/edge rusher ?? 

I would love to see Mack in red/white/blue but I can’t imagine McBean giving up a next year 1st  , it was of the table this year when trying to get a franchise QB , there’s NO way he gives up a 1st and a ridiculous contract on TOP of that , 

Thats what I think ? 

Whats the point of 1st round picks? To get elite talent. 

Mack is an elite talent and objectively, odds are we will not draft a player anywhere near the talent of Mack with our first round pick. Odds are that we’re more likely to draft another Shaw Lawson. 

There is always this obsession over next year’s draft pick. And guess what, let’s say we do draft a Mack-type talent, in 2-3yrs we’re going to have to pay him big time money too like we would Mack. 

We have the cap room. We have the QB, hopefully.  And if we don’t have the QB, We aren’t drafting another QB in the 1st round for at least 2 yrs now bc Allen is going to get more than 1 season to prove himself. 

This is is all under the assumption that a 1st round pick + mid round pick or player like Hughes + 1st round pick can get the deal done. If the raiders start asking for 2 first round picks and a player or 3 draft picks etc, then I would change my opinion. 

Kind of bizarre that Jets interest in Mack trade is so public.  Maybe they are leaking to drive up the cost for a team in their own division.  Higher demand means higher price.  That said, I can’t see Raiders trading Mack to an AFC team unless no NFC team is making a compelling offer.  

1 hour ago, Putin said:

I would love to see Mack in red/white/blue but I can’t imagine McBean giving up a next year 1st  , it was of the table this year when trying to get a franchise QB , there’s NO way he gives up a 1st and a ridiculous contract on TOP of that 

I don’t know if anyone would give up multiple firsts, but I’d be completely shocked if the Oakland GM gave away Mack regardless of future contract looming for a backup quarterback and one 1st round pick. That’s instant termination for that GM the fans would riot. 

If you’re trading a top 3 player in the league at a premier position in the NFL the haul has to be something crazy. And that’s why you don’t see top talent traded. 

1 hour ago, bobobonators said:

Mack is an elite talent and objectively, odds are we will not draft a player anywhere near the talent of Mack with our first round pick. Odds are that we’re more likely to draft another Shaw Lawson. 

There is always this obsession over next year’s draft pick. And guess what, let’s say we do draft a Mack-type talent, in 2-3yrs we’re going to have to pay him big time money too like we would Mack. 

We have the cap room. We have the QB, hopefully.  And if we don’t have the QB, We aren’t drafting another QB in the 1st round for at least 2 yrs now bc Allen is going to get more than 1 season to prove himself. 

This is is all under the assumption that a 1st round pick + mid round pick or player like Hughes + 1st round pick can get the deal done. If the raiders start asking for 2 first round picks and a player or 3 draft picks etc, then I would change my opinion. 

Nobody is disputing the talent and what Mack brings to the table ,  at the same time I think our first/main priority should be Josh Allen and for the same investment we could build a brick wall / OL in front of him , and give him EVERY opportunity to succeed , 

seems like yesterday we were all jumping for joy with the Mario Williams coming to Buffalo 

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I don’t know if anyone would give up multiple firsts, but I’d be completely shocked if the Oakland GM gave away Mack regardless of future contract looming for a backup quarterback and one 1st round pick. That’s instant termination for that GM the fans would riot. 

If you’re trading a top 3 player in the league at a premier position in the NFL the haul has to be something crazy. And that’s why you don’t see top talent traded. 

Yes but he’s on the last year of his contract, 

would you rather lose him or get something for him ? Maybe similar to Sammy? 

1 hour ago, bobobonators said:

He is also a DE. A position that is being mitigated by the new offensive schemes more and more. 

8 minutes ago, Putin said:

Yes but he’s on the last year of his contract, 

would you rather lose him or get something for him ? Maybe similar to Sammy? 

How are they gonna lose him? 

They own his rights, he’s under contract this year, they can franchise him next year?? The year after? 

These guys can threaten holdout all day long, but it almost never gets into gametime they aren’t losing checks. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

How are they gonna lose him? 

They own his rights, he’s under contract this year, they can franchise him next year?? The year after? 

These guys can threaten holdout all day long, but it almost never gets into gametime they aren’t losing checks. 

OAK doesn't want to sign him to a big contract.

That's the whole problem.  They could do what you say but the best they get is an expensive disgruntled player.

Their option is to trade him and get picks/player AND avoid his contract.

12 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

I just read an article about the negative thoughts the Raiders have with their back-up QB situation.  As the Jets are already discussing Kahiil Mack inquires is it possible the Jets offer Bridgewater and their 1st in 2019 for Mack.

This would leave the Jets without a pick until the 3rd round in 2019, but give them a premier edge rusher that they have needed for years and add to a pretty good as is defense.

Play conservative defensive orientated style of play, let Darnold develop and build the offense.  Plus the Jets do have the cap space now and in the future years to take on a huge Mack contract.

Thoughts and feedback is always appreciated.

Man, EJ fumbled for the second game in a row and cook was terrible.

Thst said, respectfully I don't think the Jets first and a good qb who is intended to be their back up gets in done.

i wish this were happening in 2019 instead of now as we would have a better handle on our oline/receiver positions.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

13 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I think it would take more than a backup QB and one 1st rounder. Regardless of contract or whatever the New Jersey Jets would have to include multiple firsts in any sort of deal in my opinion 

OK...Jets can take EJ Manuel of the hands of Raiders...It is an addition by subtraction.

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

OAK doesn't want to sign him to a big contract.

That's the whole problem.  They could do what you say but the best they get is an expensive disgruntled player.

Their option is to trade him and get picks/player AND avoid his contract.

And that is what I don't really get....It is insane..He is an All-Pro player and deserves to be paid a top-3 defensive player contract.  The Raiders have to keep their cornerstone on defense if they wan't to go deep in the playoffs...Teams without a pass rush cannot do much in the playoffs..  For a decade plus, we paid Bruce Smith what he wanted because he showed up on  *EVERY* Sunday

15 hours ago, 1billsfan said:

As great of a player Mack is, I just see no logical reason to spend 20 million dollars a year and also giving up a first round pick for him. Greatness at the NFL linebacker position just isn’t as relevant for success as it may have been years ago. NFL QBs today are much more elusive, they get rid of the ball quicker and they are playing in modern passing schemes that get the ball out of their hands much faster.

Another reason I wouldn’t like it is that it has the possibility of breeding an atmosphere of jealousy within the locker room. The linebacker is a lunch pail position and I could see fellow defensive players wondering why Mack is making 5 times the yearly salary in which player(s) might feel they’re just as vital for the defenses success.

Is it the rounded top Stanley lunch pail or the Gilligan's island lunch pail that had me transfixed on choosing Ginger or Maryann?

Folks, as much as people here love Mack because he went to UB and supposedly loves Buffalo, trading away premium draft picks for high-priced veteran defensive players is simply not the path to success in the NFL.  No good teams do it, and I’m pretty sure Beane won’t do it, either.

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Folks, as much as people here love Mack because he went to UB and supposedly loves Buffalo, trading away premium draft picks for high-priced veteran defensive players is simply not the path to success in the NFL.  No good teams do it, and I’m pretty sure Beane won’t do it, either.

Then why did he bother inquiring with Oakland if the reports are true? 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Then why did he bother inquiring with Oakland if the reports are true? 

Because it costs nothing to inquire.  And there is a chance that Oakland will decide they have to unload him for whatever they can get, even if it’s only a second round pick and player like Shaq.