What if Allen isn't good tommorow?

Steptide

Just now, whatdrought said:

So I only watched about half of Allen’s time (and even what I did see was under the table at family dinner)...

was he bad? What I saw the line looked terrible.

Should have had at least another 40 yards and maybe two more completions. KB couldn't catch a gorgeous long ball. 

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Should have had at least another 40 yards and maybe two more completions. KB couldn't catch a gorgeous long ball. 

First pass of the game, a nice slant to Clay, hit him right in the hands, bounced out, not even a reach...

• Like (+1) 1

Allen was partly at fault on some of those. Not decisive when he needed to be. OL did him no favors - also doesn't help that they keep moving guys around right now - but I think Allen needs to work on his internal clock and getting off his first read quicker. 

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I am pleasantly surpised that ppl are not immediately jumping on Allen after this horrible game.....showes ppl see wha is actually happening with the OL and receivers drop balls that hit them right in the hands

Plenty of guys called Allen trash and said he played horribly. Guess you haven't read those yet.

40 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

So I only watched about half of Allen’s time (and even what I did see was under the table at family dinner)...

was he bad? What I saw the line looked terrible.

Allen is holding the ball too long. Peterman isn’t a perfect QB by any stretch, but he’s been decisive with the ball in all 3 ps games. He’s started and played with the second and third teams just like Allen and McCarron have so take the supporting cast argument away.  NP doesn’t have the strongest arm and he’s going to make some mistakes, but he’s far and away a better option than Allen is at this time.  McCarron is too for that matter.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Plenty of guys called Allen trash and said he played horribly. Guess you haven't read those yet.

Your right there, plenty writing him off as a bust after 3 preseason games. Allen just needs some more time to get the timing of the game down. Our O-line is not doing him any justice as well today which sucked but also something he needs to see. 

A lot of impatient Bills fans though that think it will happen instantly or the QB is a bust if they don't see it immediately. Just need more time like Peterman who is proving people wrong left n right after the disastrous Charger debacle.

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

Your right there, plenty writing him off as a bust after 3 preseason games. Allen just needs some more time to get the timing of the game down. Our O-line is not doing him any justice as well today which sucked but also something he needs to see. 

A lot of impatient Bills fans though that think it will happen instantly or the QB is a bust if they don't see it immediately. Just need more time like Peterman who is proving people wrong left n right after the disastrous Charger debacle.

Allen did nothing wrong. I learned absolutely nothing from that game about him. It was impossible to evaluate him except to see how well he could take a sack.

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

Allen did nothing wrong. I learned absolutely nothing from that game about him. It was impossible to evaluate him except to see how well he could take a sack.

That's totally wrong.

There is plenty you can evaluate.  Every single play was not a Chinese fire drill.

• Like (+1) 2

one thing ive learned about this league is that preseason means nothing and that the first 8 games of the regular season are much less important than games 9-16.

its very likely that we finish w a better record than the bungles

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

That's totally wrong.

There is plenty you can evaluate.  Every single play was not a Chinese fire drill.

Well, you're wrong. There was nothing Allen could do in that game.

The line stunk, but Allen didn’t show any command of the offense to zip the ball quickly to the hot read. He held on to the ball too long and made poor line play look even worse.  So with that, the kid needs time to learn and process.   But all the tools are there physically,,,, 

As I’ve said for a couple weeks, start Peterman vs. Baltimore. If he surprises everyone then that’s great, if he flops it’s easier to come back with Allen in the home opener and a friendly environment